Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Did we just see a literal boatload of people die?

A real war scenario took place in Capitólio, in the south of Minas, after the fall of a slope that came off a canyon. The search for the victims who were on the three boats affected is still ongoing and it is not known how many people died in the tragedy. Firefighters confirm 15 injuries and one death, but witnesses say there are more deaths. The Navy has been contacted but has not yet confirmed any information.

Read too:

Navy to open investigation into Capitol Hill accident

Rovilson Teixeira has been working with speedboat transport for six years and, on his way to the hospital, to visit his nephew who was on one of the boats, he told the report that he had never seen anything like it happen in the region. “I had just left there. We are all stunned, no one knows how many victims, but I can tell you that there were not one or two, but many deaths. There are a lot of hurt people. The region is full of ambulances that came from other areas to pick up the victims, but no one yet realizes the size of the tragedy here”, he said, running over his words and apologizing for still being in a state of shock by the news.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m no geologist, but I would think very infrequent?? Shit luck. Now think about that the next time you hike below the overhang at Hamilton Pool.

I have thought about those kinds of things when I have been somewhere such a thing is possible. I don’t dwell on it or anything, but events like that do cross my mind.

58 minutes ago, Hate said:

I wonder how often an event like that happens? What terrible luck to have been there when it did.

The heavy rains and flooding seemed to have contributed to the collapse and also probably drew more people to the waterfall, so a bit of a correlation to why more people happened to be in harm’s way.

Obviously still a crazy freak occurrence. Could have happened at night, etc.

Edited by LonghornSean

On 1/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Local officials say Saturday’s accident left at least six people dead and 32 injured — with as many as 20 others missing.

https://www.fox46.com/news/wall-of-rock-falls-on-boaters-on-brazilian-lake-killing-6/#:~:text=FOX 46 Charlotte Breaking News,-Sign Up&text=BRASILIA%2C Brazil (AP) —,many as 20 others missing.

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Well, if we can't trust the Chinese government with something that could impact the entire world then who can we trust?

aggy?  

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.248.4961.1299

Cold Fusion Conundrum at Texas A&M: The administration's laissez faire response to worries about possible fraud raises questions about the proper balance between academic freedom and the need to guarantee the integrity of research

3 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

I will never complain about being cold on a lift again.

what on earth is happening here? water main on a ski mountain?? why would they continue to load people on the lift? or why would they risk stopping it when people are right above whatever that is?? the last guy looks like he was knocked unconscious. 

33 minutes ago, mchookem said:

what on earth is happening here? water main on a ski mountain?? why would they continue to load people on the lift? or why would they risk stopping it when people are right above whatever that is?? the last guy looks like he was knocked unconscious. 

Water supply lines for snow making equipment I assume.  Not sure they continued to load (don't know how long that lift is).  

The start/stop/start is a complete cluster though (obviously).  Can't figure out any worse way to handle it.