Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, hayden_horn said:

now lindsey graham blaming feinstein completely ignoring the testimony.

now lindsey graham is getting all self-righteous, "i don't know who paid for her polygraph, but someone did" implying somehow that feinstein and the democratic machine paid for it, despite her legal team saying, JUST NOW, that they covered that cost.

Lindsey Graham demands to know the truth about what shadowy forces funded an earnest attempt to uncover the truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sachick said:

According to Graham the democrats, whose best candidate against Trump was Hilary Clinton, set this up conspiracy to block Trumps nominee. Like they've proven to be organized mastermind.

And apparently their mastermind plan was to pay for a polygraph test, as additional evidence that, gasp, the witness is telling truth

4 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

Ford just spent 4 hours talking about her horrific experience. That is fucking courageous. The politics of this is fucking shameful. What a coincidence that all of one party thinks she lies and the other party thinks she's telling the truth. No one is able to think independently. That's sick.

She can't tell you exactly which house it happened in or exactly what time it was. Therefore she's not credible. 

So says Lindsey Graham. 

Kavanaugh is next. His strategy so far has been the same as that of a buddy of mine from high school: Deny everything. It works if you're working with bumbling cops who don't really care about a little light property damage and your friends have your back - they can't prove anything, so you're good. That's been Brett's situation his whole life, except cranked up to 11: his buddies, friends, family, and money protected him from all of the consequences of his actions all his life. Now he's got the Senate majority and the Dotus covering for him as hard as they can, so he's going to brazen it out and deny everything. There's no proof, and it's worked so many times in the past. We'll see if it works this time, where the court is public opinion and the stakes are just a bit higher.

ETA: and Kamala Harris is going to rip him a new asshole, so he's got that going for him.

Edited by Bat Guano
  • Like 2

Graham going all in on the leaker.

The GOP leaked the letter.

Whelan was checking out Dr. Ford's LinkedIn profile before the news broke with her identity.

Reminder:

On Sunday, Ford noticed that — even before her name became public — Whelan appeared to be seeking information about her.

That morning, Ford alerted an associate via email that Whelan had looked at her LinkedIn page, according to the email, which was reviewed by The Post. LinkedIn allows some subscribers to see who views their pages. Ford sent the email about 90 minutes after The Post shared her name with a White House spokesman and hours before her identity was revealed in a story posted on its website

Edited by DDD Dad

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The Surly librul cabal believes her.  The republican voting block thinks she's a lying whore.

So, pretty much like our senators.  Fwiw, I am republican af and I believe her.  I can't wait for Kavanaugh to get in there.   I really hope they get into the 100 keg club and his buddies book.

7 minutes ago, sachick said:

According to Graham the democrats, whose best candidate against Trump was Hilary Clinton, set this up conspiracy to block Trumps nominee. Like they've proven to be organized mastermind.

at this point the not-gop doesn't need to be smart.  just not stupid.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

now lindsey graham blaming feinstein completely ignoring the testimony.

now lindsey graham is getting all self-righteous, "i don't know who paid for her polygraph, but someone did" implying somehow that feinstein and the democratic machine paid for it, despite her legal team saying, JUST NOW, that they covered that cost.

If, after witnessing all of that, all you've got is "who paid for the polygraph", which is like $500, then you are drawing at fucking straws. ESPECIALLY after her summa cum laude Harvard lawyer said he paid for it and does not need reimbursement. 

Lindsey Graham might be losing it quicker than Trump, and that is saying something. 

Her testimony was not something I was expecting. Kavanaugh is going to win or lose his confirmation this afternoon. If it truly comes down to he said/she said and Kavanaugh can rally his base into at least saying they both look credible he will go forward. If he slips up and even brings a modicum of doubt then hes in trouble, bc blasey ford made her case unscathed. 

Toobin:  This is a job interview, not a criminal trial.  Is there proof beyond a reasonable doubt?   I don't think so.  But if you're looking for a babysitter, and you find out the person you're interviewing has been accused of sexual assault by multiple women under oath, do you hire him to watch your kids for the next 30 years? 

Edited by Mojo Hand

My guess is that the flight anxiety qs have something to do with the polygraph results (in addition to the bad faith/motive/delay arg). First the hotel room was too comfortable for proper polygraph setting. Now it will be too close to a traumatic experience (flying to funeral/funeral).

12 minutes ago, Atxracer said:

So, pretty much like our senators.  Fwiw, I am republican af and I believe her.  I can't wait for Kavanaugh to get in there.   I really hope they get into the 100 keg club and his buddies book.

Oh shit, the Republicans have their own Air Force?

Dirty politics to stop Robert Bork worked.

Dirty politics to stop Clarence Thomas almost worked.

Dirty politics to stop Merrick Garland worked.

Dirty politics to stop Brett Kavanaugh might work.

Expect more dirty politics.

On another note:

Assume for a moment that Brett Kavanaugh goes down, and Amy Coney Barrett gets confirmed.  Did the nation win?  I think both GOP and Dem interests lose.

1 minute ago, woohorn said:

My guess is that the flight anxiety qs have something to do with the polygraph results (in addition to the bad faith/motive/delay arg). First the hotel room was too comfortable for proper polygraph setting. Now it will be too close to a traumatic experience (flying to funeral/funeral).

I think the flight anxiety was speaking to the delay in getting her testimony.

15 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

The word you're looking for is kompromat, Tapper.

Has Kavanaugh been asked about his ridiculous debts, and how they were paid off so quickly?

10 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

If, after witnessing all of that, all you've got is "who paid for the polygraph", which is like $500, then you are drawing at fucking straws. ESPECIALLY after her summa cum laude Harvard lawyer said he paid for it and does not need reimbursement. 

Lindsey Graham might be losing it quicker than Trump, and that is saying something. 

Graham probably has a lot of insider info on internal mid-term polls from various races.  

Just now, MixtyMotions said:

On another note:

Assume for a moment that Brett Kavanaugh goes down, and Amy Coney Barrett gets confirmed.  Did the nation win?  I think both GOP and Dem interests lose.

Clarence Thomas should never have been confirmed. It's not "dirty politics" to let women speak out about their sexual abuse and harrassment at the hands of powerful men trying to get on the highest court in the land. Fuck you.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Her testimony was not something I was expecting. Kavanaugh is going to win or lose his confirmation this afternoon. If it truly comes down to he said/she said and Kavanaugh can rally his base into at least saying they both look credible he will go forward. If he slips up and even brings a modicum of doubt then hes in trouble, bc blasey ford made her case unscathed. 

Kavanaugh and his buddies already fucked themselves with those dumbass yearbook entries. 

1 minute ago, MixtyMotions said:

On another note:

This was a loss the moment they refused to even vote on Garland. 

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

On another note:

It's not dirty politics.

It's politics. This is normal.