Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, JimmyJames said:

We’ve already dealt with almost 2 years of trump ridiculousness, I think we can survive another week. 

We set bad precedents by the minute.  What has occurred here will come back around. 

Instead of hoping Brett withdraws, I think the Senate should be forced to do their job.  Take the vote and then answer to your constituents.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

We set bad precedents by the minute.  What has occurred here will come back around. 

Instead of hoping Brett withdraws, I think the Senate should be forced to do their job.  Take the vote and then answer to your constituents.

Were you this offended by the Senate's refusal to consider Garland's nomination? Did leaving an empty seat on the bench for 400 days bother you? Did it not sit right when the Senate didn't do their job that time?

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

I was wondering which individuals in the FBI would be tapped, i.e. agents similar to those aligned w Rudy at the NY field office, or something else.  

Turns out the voice on the other end was Rosenstein.

As a straight arrow and Mueller firewall, it looked for all the world he was getting fired this week.

Wow.

Edited by triplehorn

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You told Benedict Mitch to do that with Merrick Garland right? Hell if they didn’t want to vote for him, fine. But the coward not only wouldn’t put it for a vote, he wouldn’t even give him a hearing and, Answer to his constituents. 

With this post, you have swam level depantsed yourself. Congrats. Hopefully you can take up Swam’s mantle (RIP) and provide us all with much internet entertainment. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

This. Build the narrative.

Say "unfit to serve" over and over and over and over. Have every Dem candidate across the nation make it part of their stump speech for this week. Coordinate a message and communicate it like you have some balls.

I think you’re onto something; repetition is powerful. After all, is there one rational person who doesn’t associate dead hookers with Craig James when they hear CJK5H? That’s the power of a memorable and short acronym.

BKUTS (Brett Kavanaugh unfit to serve) is good, as is something like BKRAL (Brett Kavanaugh rapes and lies).

Feel free to use either one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

ftr, i feel like it is very very hard to get right out black out drunk on beer. bring me the brown water bitches. 

This is a good point. Who actually even gets drunk on beer (see hell or high water), much less black out drunk on beer? I think the last time I got drunk on beer was the first time I ever had one. 

Seems suspect. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You told Benedict Mitch to do that with Merrick Garland right? Hell if they didn’t want to vote for him, fine. But the coward not only wouldn’t put it for a vote, he wouldn’t even give him a hearing and, Answer to his constituents. 

With this post, you have swam level depantsed yourself. Congrats. Hopefully you can take up Swam’s mantle (RIP) and provide us all with much internet entertainment. 

I didn’t give it too much concern when Garland was denied hearing because I was pretty sure it was Hillary in 16.

for the record, I don’t think it was right.  It seemed to be an extremely petty and futile gesture.

Edited by Incredulity

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Not to be a dick, but is that suprising to anyone?

Yeah considering he's right there in the heat of a Senate run in a red state. He isn't going to confirm him like he did Gorsuch. Or did you forget that part?

It also removes a cover vote from Collins and Murkowski. 

So yeah it is a bfd

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Is there a line on odds of Brett pulling his nomination himself?  Because right now there should be.

What if the FBI says he perjured himself yesterday, and/or has a gambling problem that he tries to hide.  Seems like it could impact his current work, maybe even get him in trouble with the ABA.  

Would have been wise for him to pull out before now if that’s the case.  

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah considering he's right there in the heat of a Senate run in a red state. He isn't going to confirm him like he did Gorsuch. Or did you forget that part?

It also removes a cover vote from Collins and Murkowski. 

So yeah it is a bfd

Everything I have seen had him NO all along.

its Manchin, Murkowski and Collins that are the tradeoffs.

23 hours ago, zork said:

What does his color have to do with it?

Everything. I hate progressive code words bs but only a white entitled douchebag like him could bitch, moan, cry about not being handed the position on a silver platter. No to mention, he hasn’t been treated like shit for his antics. You live in a fucking antiquated history will prove you wrong bubble, dude. Can you honestly say if she cried, yelled, cut off, and disrespected all the repub senators that all day long every right wing outlet would not be calling her unhinged, hysterical, emotional wreck, unfit to be a doctor/mother/etc? Only a white guy could go on there and cry like a punk ass bitch and be called “courageous, fighting back, what America is all about...” explore your mind bro, color and his white entitlement had EVERYTHING to do with it. 

Note: I realize I’m like 40 pages behind and other news has come to light, but work and what have you, so barely replying now...this thread moves fast

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Especially since he told her he was a virgin well into his 20's.

Ashley K. went to UT so there is no way that is true for her. I've never seen the winged horses from the south mall fountain fly around the tower as was rumored to occur if a female virgin ever graduated. Just too many fine-assed charming dudes on campus for that to happen back in the day. Got damn, where is the fucking hot tub time machine to send me back?! 

I'm an ex pro, and while it is difficult without effort to get to that level on standard light american pilsners, it is quite possible if you add in drinking games, ice beers, heavier "real" beers, and malt liquor.  The best hammered level is Mexican pilsner all morning on the beach, all afternoon at the pool, and then the late night hours at a trashy bar like Bernie's in Port A.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

ftr, i feel like it is very very hard to get right out black out drunk on beer. bring me the brown water bitches. 

If you’re not blackout drunk, the alternative is you likely have recall, so...

Ford testified she ran into Mark Judge at the store weeks later and he turned white as a ghost seeing her.  The implication being he had recall of what happened and a conscience about it.

also, when kids get really drunk, they usually are puking or are passed out,  not on autopilot walking and talking going one place to another in an amnestic state.  I could be wrong, but I think being a blackout drunk takes some real repetition over time, kind of like developing tolerance to etoh does.

also beer bongs and shotgunning beer

Didn't Kav-dog mention he had a weak stomach during his testimony? Is there some sort of claim that he puked a bunch? If so, the weak stomach shit is probably a lie too. 

Beer was his right hand man, but guarantee you hard liquor was a frequent guest. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Didn't Kav-dog mention he had a weak stomach during his testimony? Is there some sort of claim that he puked a bunch? If so, the weak stomach shit is probably a lie too. 

Beer was his right hand man, but guarantee you hard liquor was a frequent guest. 

Something about “Ralph Champion” or some such in the yearbook

He said it was from spicy food. He’s a lying piece of shit.

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Just witnessed part of a shouting match between neighbor and her daughter in law specifically over this situation.

Wife also told me she has turned off her Facebook tonight.(god I hope that continues)

I rarely get on facebook but for some reason decided to today. It was filled with stories from women I knew talking about incidents of sexual assault in their past. Was difficult to read, but not a shock as I’d heard from some about it in the past, but was surprised so many others decided to put it out there on the net. Not sure what it ultimately means.