Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Do you think any Trumpkins consider Iranians, like you, to be a part of their ideal ethnic America?

He's right when he says they like their tokens, so long as those tokens renounce Islam and become evangelicals. They wouldn't want their daughters consorting with them, but they would see the boy's conversion as one of God's Glorious Miracles. They've had pet Jeeeeyeewwws (for Jesus) like this for decades. Blacks? Not so much. They can never rise to token -- House Negro is as far as they can go.

There are other reasons Icono would face rejection from the Trump right, mostly pertaining to billowy assholes and sweet, sweet crystal methamphetamine.  

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

right, and even if those old men on the committee have no idea what those terms mean, you know their staffers do. So, if the staffers say, you know, Kavanaugh was lying about not knowing about devils triangle, FFFFFF, etc., the GOP senators are just going to shrug it off, which is really quite sad and tragic. Blatantly lying and they don't seem to give a shit, because GO TEAM.

Even the "Renate Alumni" weak ass explanation? come on. Fess up, say it was stupid, but dont insult our intelligence.

Kavanaugh couldnt sack up and tell the truth and explain that he was a dumb high school kid. Instead he lied. He lied his ass off.

and at least 10 Senators dont care.

or saying over and over again that Ford's friend who was at the party with her (allegedly, etc) said that it didn't happen.  That is not what she said - she said that she does not remember.  Those are different fucking things, and if you're a dumbass on the internet who wants to purposely obfuscate the difference that's fine.  If you're sitting there in an interview to be a judge on the Supreme Court you are either incompetent for that job and your current job or you are lying.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Watch some CNN and MSNBC. Hear how many of their commentators mention Kav’s race and privilege and how both should be negatives against him

Show me anybody other than a white man that's ever acted like such an entitled, spoiled, crying little bitch.  

Serena Williams

• Like 4

I'm starting to wonder if there is a rock bottom for the GOP, because every time I think they've reached it they go lower.

Head of the North Carolina GOP said Julie Swetnick is a "criminal", and that she should go prison. Are you fucking kidding me?  Where's the floor for these inbreds.

Link

Just now, GRHorn said:

Did you forget about the radicalized leftist shooting up a R softball game?

Political violence against politicians very occasionally happens in the US. It's extremely uncommon and it's not why Flake is doing or saying anything he's doing or saying. You're trying to rationalize. #sad

45 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How is perjury determined?  What is the enforcement protocol for lying under oath to congress? 

i am almost certain, the FBI will not produced anything that leads to Jeff Flake believing that Kavanaugh lied.

According to the news, Trump has directed the FBI to not focus on the drinking or any of the stupid high school stuff Kavanugh lied about.

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

i am almost certain, the FBI will not produced anything that leads to Jeff Flake believing that Kavanaugh lied.

According to the news, Trump has directed the FBI to not focus on the drinking or any of the stupid high school stuff Kavanugh lied about.

Still doesn’t help answer my question.  Who is the perjury police?  Do they exist? 

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm starting to wonder if there is a rock bottom for the GOP, because every time I think they've reached it they go lower.

Head of the North Carolina GOP said Julie Swetnick is a "criminal", and that she should go prison. Are you fucking kidding me?  Where's the floor for these inbreds.

Link

You don’t actually believe her do you? I mean everyone is ignoring her claim because it’s so ridiculous.

I'm going out on a limb here, but if a we have to conduct an investigation of a Supreme Court nominee's past history of drunkeness, sexual deviancy, bad debts, etc... well that nominee should probably not even be up for a vote.  Whether or not said investigation finds anything, the fact that an investigation was required in the first place should shit can the fucker.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m willing to bet most people that wager on this type shit are Republicans with disposable income.  Therefore, the odds would be skewed to what they think will happen, unless there is some independent handicapping mechanism. 

It's interesting to watch the lines move. Honestly, I have no idea how this is gonna go. I think if those two ladies hadn't confronted Flake in the elevator, BK would be a SC justice right now. I'm sure there'll be more insanity this week.

On the Matt Walsh strategy, I think that if BK had walked in there calmly and denied Ford's accusation he would be a justice right now. That's assuming that he was honest about all the high school terminology.

Edited by retread

I admire your focus on process and attention to detail, Hugo, but the era of American politics in which those things mattered is over.

We are one false flag terror attack from autocracy. If Moscow Centre doesn’t succeed in stealing the 116th Congress for the Dotards, I expect they’ll try for December. 

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

I admire your focus on process and attention to detail, Hugo, but the era of American politics in which those things mattered is over.

We are one false flag terror attack from autocracy. If Moscow Centre doesn’t succeed in stealing the 116th Congress for the Dotards, I expect they’ll try for December. 

You’re wrong.

It matters because I care. It matters because other people care.  Maybe not enough people care right now but that can change too.  I hope it does. You should too.

• Like 1

Garlanding him would have been fine with me. Attacking the man’s character on what I consider to be a bs charge is going too far but it is straight out of Ted Kennedy’s Borking playbook.

There are several problems with your comments above.

1) who elected you to decide what is an is not a bogus charge?
2) why is investigating an accusation by someone who has been less than truthful in his job interview a problem?
3)Should the standards for a lifetime employment with no oversight have a lower standard than a clerk at McDonalds? Try it, go apply for a job at McDonalds and during your interview have your wife come in and talk about how you raped her and you are a drunken thief, purely unsubstantiated claims, and see if even MCDonalds will hire you.
4) Because you think this is purely partisan politics played by the left, why did the Democrats not do this to Gorsuch when they were clearly pissed off about how that position was filled in the first place?

Lastly, your level of analysis needs to be deeper and you should consider seeking challenges to your preconceived beliefs as opposed to seeking out similar minded folks. You also strangely seem to put on a pedestal people that make stupidly simplistic statements that look cute on a bumper sticker but fall apart when even 2 dendrites analyze it (Mark Levine’s comment).

And yes, Surly is anti-GOP but you have mistaken that for left-right. There are people on here that believe in fiscal conservatism- but they do not reside in the GOP as we have seen them in practice for several decades.
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’re wrong.

It matters because I care. It matters because other people care.  Maybe not enough people care right now but that can change too.  I hope it does. You should too.

Because we care Trump will willingly accede to a Democratic Congress trying to check his lunacy? Because we care he’ll leave the WH if he loses in ‘20?

Nonsense. He will do what he wants and fuck our feelings. He will use the Grahams of the world to give his ascension to Supreme Dotard the look of legality, and there’s nothing we can do. All would be revolutionaries are nothing better than twitter jockeys.

53 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You don’t actually believe her do you? I mean everyone is ignoring her claim because it’s so ridiculous.

What does that have to do with anything?  

I guess I can mark you down in the send Swetnick to prison without an investigation or trial camp.

44 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

When I think of Klobuchar and the other members of the Dem caucus on the Senate Judiciary I am reminded of the old saying "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King."  She should have Feinstein's job.

Too bad she isn't a man.  

It sounds like lots of people remember the Ramirez allegation based on email exchanges. Assuming they were the only two in the room, people knew because Kavanaugh bragged about it.

If I was Garrett/squi i would remember if one of my friends did something to a girl I took to a party in high school to make her run off and leave me and I am a couple years older than him.

17 minutes ago, RayDog said:

It sounds like lots of people remember the Ramirez allegation based on email exchanges. Assuming they were the only two in the room, people knew because Kavanaugh bragged about it.

If I was Garrett/squi i would remember if one of my friends did something to a girl I took to a party in high school to make her run off and leave me and I am a couple years older than him.

You're either conflating two different allegations or not clear what happened in Ramirez's allegation....

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You're either conflating two different allegations or not clear what happened in Ramirez's allegation....

You are right. I apologize. Somehow I got the impression she had gone into another room.

Since there were at least two witnesses by her account I would hope they are honest when questioned by the FBI.