Shit's Borked

RPM

12 hours ago, jofus said:

I exclusively use tapatalk so this sucks. its great for hosting photos. 

Agreed. It’s the easiest way to upload a photo to surly. Using the Safari mobile browser doesn’t work for me.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

It's back up and running now, for how long well..who knows

giphy.gif

So much better! I’ve used tapa for years and can fly through reading threads/get to certain sections of surly.

That safari/mobile version was about 1/5th of the speed once you get past loading the entire site/pics/avatars and hope it brings you to the last post read…maybe.

And yes, tiny links ftl
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2024 at 4:14 PM, Jkwellborn said:

I did that years ago. I’d rather use tapa this way that just going to safari.

Quit being a boomer and create add SurlyHorns to your home screen of your phone and you can just click on that.

https://www.androidauthority.com/add-website-android-iphone-home-screen-3181682/

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Agreed. It’s the easiest way to upload a photo to surly. Using the Safari mobile browser doesn’t work for me.

except you aren't uploading it to surly you are uploading it to tapatalk and it goes away after like 6 months and leaves dead links constantly. It also does work for you and everyone else, stop blaming your own stupidity on it not working. 

• Hook 'Em 2

i used the surly app for a couple days before tapa came back last night.  i still prefer tapa mainly because 1.) it's faster and 2.) the threads in the Unread tab condense more substantially than the surly app.  there's something off in the spacing in the surly app Unread tab vs the regular subforums.  maybe turning off the preview feature would help but i didn't find it.

17 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

I get the feeling you don't understand what Tapa does for those of us on numerous forums/boards.

Ps not everyone is a boomer, FFS.

oh I do, and I don't give a shit. Tapatalk used to be pretty value added, now it's a serious problem because of decisions that they made not decisions we made.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

except you aren't uploading it to surly you are uploading it to tapatalk and it goes away after like 6 months and leaves dead links constantly. It also does work for you and everyone else, stop blaming your own stupidity on it not working. 

My experience was loading photos to surly was easier with Tapatalk. I haven’t uploaded pics in a long time so I apologize for saying I had issues in the past with Safari mobile. My recollection is I had to host the image online somewhere to make it viewable.  No need to be a dick about people using an app that they found helpful to access your site. I like Tapatalk and was the guy who first recommended that app to blacklab and he was very appreciative and happy to make it available to shaggy users 15 years ago. OoTunes is still the best radio app with the widest selection of radio stations and it hasn’t been updated in 10 years. Similarly, Tapatalk might have flaws but it still is very user friendly and efficient tool to check message boards.

Edited by Macklemore

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Except that none of the complaints are true or valid. 

Possibly, but the reasons for some to keep TT instead of Safari are absolutely valid. I toggle between a hunting forum, aviation forum, and here seamlessly.  With a browser it sucks cock. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

My experience was loading photos to surly was easier with Tapatalk. I haven’t uploaded pics in a long time so I apologize for saying I had issues in the past with Safari mobile. My recollection is I had to host the image online somewhere to make it viewable.  No need to be a dick about people using an app that they found helpful to access your site. I like Tapatalk and was the guy who first recommended that app to blacklab and he was very appreciative and happy to make it available to shaggy users 15 years ago. OoTunes is still the best radio app with the widest selection of radio stations and it hasn’t been updated in 10 years. Similarly, Tapatalk might have flaws but it still is very user friendly and efficient tool to check message boards.

D6F22CA3-5502-4526-A4B1-1EE161170D92.thumb.png.3f72b5c26095e04d158d927b70d1c31c.png

So so so hard to hit the add file button which brings up your photo library. Why can't they make it easier!

TAPA users probably still using aol discs to log onto the World Wide Web.

Tappa talk (yswidt) not going away. My Surly icon changed today. That’s odd for something that was “dropped”. 7ffa314ed4092c74a1c34598c2a36147.jpg
2966ec3248ebb545f50f7cb02706e855.jpg

D6F22CA3-5502-4526-A4B1-1EE161170D92.thumb.png.3f72b5c26095e04d158d927b70d1c31c.png

So so so hard to hit the add file button which brings up your photo library. Why can't they make it easier!

TAPA users probably still using aol discs to log onto the World Wide Web.

Fuck off and let me use my gottdamned free hours how i please!
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Tappa talk (yswidt) not going away. My Surly icon changed today. That’s odd for something that was “dropped”. 7ffa314ed4092c74a1c34598c2a36147.jpg
2966ec3248ebb545f50f7cb02706e855.jpg

Fuck off and let me use my gottdamned free hours how i please!

They fixed whatever they fucked up after I submitted an email then I logged in and changed the logo because I didn't know it was some random ass logo from before we had an official one.

• Like 2

Possibly, but the reasons for some to keep TT instead of Safari are absolutely valid. I toggle between a hunting forum, aviation forum, and here seamlessly.  With a browser it sucks cock. 
so, this place has warped my mind into thinking you typed a forum about sucking cock.

Didn’t know that.

Cool. Thanks
Now if they’re just get their unread issue fixed I’d be back in full business.
Came here to post this and see if anyone had any idea what is going on. All threads, subscribed or not, have no indication of what's unread.

sorry for today's hiccup. Someone decided it would be hilarious to spam the leaderboard on the browse function and loaded it up with a about a thousand queries that backed up the database and caused a few hiccups due to reaching max connections and then never completed because they were all shitting on eachother to try to do something. that was a fun little exercise to clean up. 

• Rage+1 1

I’m aware that Imma hates tapa and doesn’t want to support it. I also don’t care and I’m going to use it if it works because, like many others as well documented in this thread, I find it easier to use. Insult me all you want, call me stupid, call me a boomer, whatever the fuck makes you feel good. DGAF.

It is working for me now and I appreciate whatever caused that to happen. My question though for anyone that can or wants to answer:

I now see ads on it which I never did before. Wondering how to get rid of those if possible. Is it a surly thing or a tapa thing? I’m sure I’m just a dipshit, I get it. But at least one legit answer would be appreciated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I’m aware that Imma hates tapa and doesn’t want to support it. I also don’t care and I’m going to use it if it works because, like many others as well documented in this thread, I find it easier to use. Insult me all you want, call me stupid, call me a boomer, whatever the fuck makes you feel good. DGAF.

It is working for me now and I appreciate whatever caused that to happen. My question though for anyone that can or wants to answer:

I now see ads on it which I never did before. Wondering how to get rid of those if possible. Is it a surly thing or a tapa thing? I’m sure I’m just a dipshit, I get it. But at least one legit answer would be appreciated.

What exactly is easier to use? 

Yeah I’ve used both. Tapatalk is actually ass tier. 
Computer expert can't understand why non-computer experts don't want to abandon the comfortable setup they are familiar with for the "easy" system he developed.

J/k

But I've used Tapa for years with other sites and like having all of my different forums in one spot, the ease of uploading pics, jumping to my participated threads automatically, etc. I can switch forums without having to navigate in a browser. I'm old.

That about sums it up.

Yeah, I used the browser method when Tapa was down, and I figured out how to show activity in threads I posted in, but I came back when Tapa worked again.
  • Like 1

Computer expert can't understand why non-computer experts don't want to abandon the comfortable setup they are familiar with for the "easy" system he developed.

J/k

But I've used Tapa for years with other sites and like having all of my different forums in one spot, the ease of uploading pics, jumping to my participated threads automatically, etc. I can switch forums without having to navigate in a browser. I'm old.

That about sums it up.

Yeah, I used the browser method when Tapa was down, and I figured out how to show activity in threads I posted in, but I came back when Tapa worked again.
Plus +1