2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

Whole day is fucked up now. We better come out and win this or my bad day becomes a weekend and probably a season.

I used to be like that. Go into every game thinking they’ll lose and it makes life better. When they win, you cherish it more because you don’t know when the next ones coming lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointed in DL's ability to pressure QB.  TEXAS just seems hesitant on Defense.

Offense still trying to find its rhythm, but seemed to play better when up tempo was used.  CDC probably needs to make sure opener not verses P5 Team for a while till Herman finds an offensive identity.....

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Disappointed in DL's ability to pressure QB.  TEXAS just seems hesitant on Defense.

Offense still trying to find its rhythm, but seemed to play better when up tempo was used.  CDC probably needs to make sure opener not verses P5 Team for a while till Herman finds an offensive identity.....

the d is content to be blocked, seriously

that latest end-around by maryland, that got them a first down, pj locke was free when the runner turned the corner. locke proceeded to run right into a blocker, straight into him, with no wiggle or attempt to avoid him

boyd, at this point, is the only one to try and wiggle through, fight off a block

the other qb hits are free runs

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, some of the defensive woes are explained by losing experienced talent and replacing it with inexperience and possibly less talent.

I mean, no Poona ffs.  But the rest of it  . . . . .

Malcom Roach at MLB was not good. He needs to be on the DL. Also, McCulloch needs go wrap up when he tackles.

33 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'd like to see a good reasoning behind this. Why would Maryland want this? Its not like they were going to come even close to selling out that stadium. UT fans are not going to make up the difference with the game being that far away and at 11am. I remember when OU played Cincinnati earlier this decade, they did the same. They played where the Bengals did and it was a terrible atmosphere. Besides a very select few games (Texas/OU, Florida/Georgia), games need to be played at the campuses. Fuck all these games at these pro stadium domes every year.

#bleachergate

1 minute ago, pacman said:

the d is content to be blocked, seriously

that latest end-around by maryland, that got them a first down, pj locke was free when the runner turned the corner. locke proceeded to run right into a blocker, straight into him, with no wiggle or attempt to avoid him

boyd, at this point, is the only one to try and wiggle through, fight off a block

the other qb hits are free runs

Yes, our tackling is decent when we get a shot. We are not dodging or shedding blocks to get those shots sometimes.