Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Then you assclowns can crawl back in your hole.

What, until he loses to Sweaty Gary and whoever the fuck else next year? We’ll be right back here again, ‘cos it’s going to continue happening, just more often with the shit-tastic recruiting classes he’ll be putting together for at least the next couple of years. Ooh, can’t wait to see him coach those.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

Just winning out won’t save tom. Anyone with eyes can see in year 4 we look like a transition team with a coach in his first year. What a fucking zzzzz game.
I'd like to believe that, but the optics of firing a coach with only 2 losses will be considered, things may not happen like we want.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

plz come out to watch the basketball team they have a legit top prospect the best since durant donned the burnt orange

he is going to be a top 3 pick he will carry this team to a deep tournament run 

Gave him an uber ride the other day. Didn't talk outside of exchanging pleasantries. Polite kid. Wears too much cologne.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I pretty clearly did.  I addressed your assertion that urban would be unwilling to negotiate via back channels due to the fact herman is still officially the coach. That's it. I really don't know how to spell this out for you any better.  

No you didn't. Try again. Tell me why Texas is in a better position to negotiate with Urban while Tom is still employed vs. waiting until after he's fired...which hasn't happened yet and for all we know may not happen. Even if we go on your assumption that Urban "despises" Herman. 

I'd love nothing more than to see smug Tommy lose to KU and be shown the door by CDC, but I can easily see the team winning out. KU is obviously hammered dog shit, KSU is on a skid and ISU is the only team remaining that poses any kind of threat right now. If they're a ranked team then you know the team will put effort into beating them. I really doubt Okie St will beat OU in bedlam unless Rattler shits himself in the grandest fashion. If Texas and OU meet up once again in a Big 12 CCG rematch and Herman blows it then 6 consecutive Big 12 championships and a 1-6 record vs OU should be enough reason for CDC to jettison MENSA.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No you didn't. Try again. Tell me why Texas is in a better position to negotiate with Urban while Tom is still employed vs. waiting until after he's fired...which hasn't happened yet and for all we know may not happen. Even if we go on your assumption that Urban "despises" Herman. 

Holy shit, you really don't get things.  

Your question was "Are you suggesting that Urban is so desperate to take the Texas job just to spite Tom Herman that Texas can lowball him by threatening to keep Tom? Urban will actually settle for less money just to ensure Herman's firing?"

My answer, twice, was hey all I'm talking about is your ridiculous claim that Urban won't even talk to us while Herman is employed.

Now, you do bring up an interesting point, is it harder to coach for a fan base with a 3rd grade level reading comprehension as opposed to a college level one?  If so, will urban charge Texas a little less to compensate for the fact written communications will be easier here than at tOSU?  Maybe we have that tiny bit of leverage and it's 9.9 million instead of 10 to start.  

• Hook 'Em 1

A lot of aggy in this thread.
Fuck you haters.
Win out and play for the Big XII championship.
Then you assclowns can crawl back in your hole.

Ah, yes, everyone not blowing sunshine about a mediocre team winning out and simply playing for a conference title, like that is an accomplishment to be proud of, are aggy. Okay.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad said:

I'd love nothing more than to see smug Tommy lose to KU and be shown the door by CDC, but I can easily see the team winning out. KU is obviously hammered dog shit, KSU is on a skid and ISU is the only team remaining that poses any kind of threat right now. If they're a ranked team then you know the team will put effort into beating them. I really doubt Okie St will beat OU in bedlam unless Rattler shits himself in the grandest fashion. If Texas and OU meet up once again in a Big 12 CCG rematch and Herman blows it then 6 consecutive Big 12 championships and a 1-6 record vs OU should be enough reason for CDC to jettison MENSA.

Yep.  I think firing Tom after he loses the ccg is an option and justifiable

50 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Watching football yesterday my takeaway was this.  A&Ms 2nd team offense with a freshman QB looks more functional then our senior QB and 1 st team.  That is all I need to say.

That in the last 3.5 seasons we have 17 losses and the wins have all been so close that we have never had a chance to give our 2nd team any reps, ya that’s my take away from Mensa ball.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

That in the last 3.5 seasons we have 17 losses and the wins have all been so close that we have never had a chance to give our 2nd team any reps, ya that’s my take away from Mensa ball.

I looked at the mean and std dev of the final score margins of each B12/Bowl game since 2010.  Numbers to what your eyes see.

Late Mack:  mean = -0.9, std dev = 19.1.  Killed by blowouts to OU.

Charlie:  mean = -2.7, std dev = 19.3.  Often drubbed.

Tom:  mean = +3.8, std dev = 9.9.   Rarely drubbed, rarely drubs anyone.

• Hook 'Em 3

I only caught the last five min of regulation in the Notre Dame Clemson game last night (plus the OT), but it was frustrating watching two well-coached teams give us play after play of DISCIPLINED, smart football performed by talented kids. It was quite a contrast to the shit show that Strong and Herman have brought to the University. 

Hiring one mediocre coach can lead to hiring another, as we've seen. Why? Because top coaches aren't on the market all that long, and when one is, you'd better not wait for the forces of the universe to align - for a defining moment when Herman's incompetence is on full display AND the season is over, to fire him, because you'll be waiting a long fucking time. There's a chance Urban is waiting for that call from us, but he isn't going to wait forever. If he sees that Herman isn't fired after his next fuck up, Urban will probably give up waiting. A nice scandal would be timely, but I say if Herman doesn't win the conference, or loses any game this season, fire him the next day and move on from mediocrity. 

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Holy shit, you really don't get things.  

Your question was "Are you suggesting that Urban is so desperate to take the Texas job just to spite Tom Herman that Texas can lowball him by threatening to keep Tom? Urban will actually settle for less money just to ensure Herman's firing?"

My answer, twice, was hey all I'm talking about is your ridiculous claim that Urban won't even talk to us while Herman is employed.

Now, you do bring up an interesting point, is it harder to coach for a fan base with a 3rd grade level reading comprehension as opposed to a college level one?  If so, will urban charge Texas a little less to compensate for the fact written communications will be easier here than at tOSU?  Maybe we have that tiny bit of leverage and it's 9.9 million instead of 10 to start.  

I even granted you your assumption that Urban "despises" Tom Herman and you still can't manage an explanation for why that gives Texas leverage in your hypothetical negotiations with Urban. Just repeating what has been said doesn't count as rational discourse. 

Woops! Texas accidentally beat WVU yesterday. No job opening yet. The pressure on Urban must be really getting intense!

Dumbass. 

One other thing. Urban's probably gets contacted by the AD of a decent opportunity or NFL owner about once a week. Why hasn't he taken something? I think he is waiting for a premier job - one that blows everyone in the sports world away. One that practically guarantees that he will be successful. Anything in the NFL is a crapshoot. Today you're news, tomorrow your QB breaks his neck and you are off the front pages until you're fired 3 yrs down the road.

That leaves college football. Herman needs a program that guarantees cream of the crop recruits year after year. One of the most storied programs in history in a state that is bigger than life is just what the doctor ordered. And I ain't talking about that crazy friggin mess on the West Coast. Texas has to be in Urban's top two picks. CDC, don't fuck this up. Your ass is on the line.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Hiring one mediocre coach can lead to hiring another, as we've seen. Why? Because top coaches aren't on the market all that long, and when one is, you'd better not wait for the forces of the universe to align - for a defining moment when Herman's incompetence is on full display AND the season is over, to fire him, because you'll be waiting a long fucking time. There's a chance Urban is waiting for that call from us, but he isn't going to wait forever. If he sees that Herman isn't fired after his next fuck up, Urban will probably give up waiting. A nice scandal would be timely, but I say if Herman doesn't win the conference, or loses any game this season, fire him the next day and move on from mediocrity. 

There could also be the possibility that there is a verbal agreement, or it is known between the two parties, that for sake of professionalism the move may not be public until the end of the season. 

Can’t really say, but just because someone may be waiting in the wings does not mean that they will be (or even want to be) announced yet. I’m sure any incoming coach (anywhere)  would want the same “courtesy” extended to them in the same shoes.

The short of all that is that maybe decisions have been made, but nobody is talking about them yet. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

One other thing. Urban's probably gets contacted by the AD of a decent opportunity or NFL owner about once a week. Why hasn't he taken something? I think he is waiting for a premier job - one that blows everyone in the sports world away. One that practically guarantees that he will be successful. Anything in the NFL is a crapshoot. Today you're news, tomorrow your QB breaks his neck and you are off the front pages until you're fired 3 yrs down the road.

That leaves college football. Herman needs a program that guarantees cream of the crop recruits year after year. One of the most storied programs in history in a state that is bigger than life is just what the doctor ordered. And I ain't talking about that crazy friggin mess on the West Coast. Texas has to be in Urban's top two picks. CDC, don't fuck this up. Your ass is on the line.

Another feasible explanation for why he hasn’t taken a job is that he doesn’t want to coach anymore.

4 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

There could also be the possibility that there is a verbal agreement, or it is known between the two parties, that for sake of professionalism the move may not be public until the end of the season. 

The short of all that is that maybe decisions have been made, but nobody is talking about them yet. 

This is what I honestly think is happening ... or at least what I'm hoping.

Here's a stupid take for you:

If CDC is a man of his word - and I believe he is - he is honoring the agreement he and #MensaTom were said to have made earlier this year. It was claimed, and I didn't see it debunked, that the HC was given an ultimatum of "win the XII or you're gone." Because that outcome is still available, CDC has not pulled the trigger and fired Tom. I think Urban is aware of the situation and is content to bide his time. If and when we lose a game, things will resolve quickly. Urban is not worried about recruiting, one way or the other. 

I agree wholeheartedly with those who believe we've seen enough from #MensaTom to be quite certain he ain't the guy, but if that agreement is real, it answers the questions about wtf is going on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I even granted you your assumption that Urban "despises" Tom Herman and you still can't manage an explanation for why that gives Texas leverage in your hypothetical negotiations with Urban. Just repeating what has been said doesn't count as rational discourse. 

Woops! Texas accidentally beat WVU yesterday. No job opening yet. The pressure on Urban must be really getting intense!

Dumbass. 

Base is now 9.8.  Hell we might get him for 6 if this is indicative of the fanbase he's used to dealing with.  Go get your shine box and let the adults talk now.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, wood said:

This is what I honestly think is happening ... or at least what I'm hoping.

If things are happening, I think this could really be the case as well. 

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see TH fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun. Today. 

However, that’s not quite how things work in these matters typically. Kicked off the bus aside, whether you’re firing someone or not, you tend to keep it above board for the sake of publicity. 

If UM is interested, he’ll know what he can/can’t do with the incoming class. If he thought he could save it by being announced early, I bet they would. However I also believe if he were interested that he would be calling the shots for the timeline of his ingress as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

If UM is interested, he’ll know what he can/can’t do with the incoming class. If he thought he could save it by being announced early, I bet they would. However I also believe if he were interested that he would be calling the shots for the timeline of his ingress as well. 

Yep ... or if he thinks he can save it despite being announced later.

• Hook 'Em 1

I only caught the last five min of regulation in the Notre Dame Clemson game last night (plus the OT), but it was frustrating watching two well-coached teams give us play after play of DISCIPLINED, smart football performed by talented kids. It was quite a contrast to the shit show that Strong and Herman have brought to the University. 
If you only caught the last 5, you missed Notre Dame with the false start on 4th and 1 inside the Clemson 5 early on. Or ND jumping offside on Clemsons 4th and 1 at about Clemsons 35. Then there's Clemson holding and running out of bounds on separate plays with the ability to run out the clock in regulation.

I've had enough of Herman but we often get stuff called that others don't. Yesterday refs weren't interested in throwing flags. A little odd no one ever roughs Sam but we get a borderline calls every other game against us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

If you only caught the last 5, you missed Notre Dame with the false start on 4th and 1 inside the Clemson 5 early on. Or ND jumping offside on Clemsons 4th and 1 at about Clemsons 35. Then there's Clemson holding and running out of bounds on separate plays with the ability to run out the clock in regulation.

I've had enough of Herman but we often get stuff called that others don't. Yesterday refs weren't interested in throwing flags. A little odd no one ever roughs Sam but we get a borderline calls every other game against us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IIRC yesterday WV got called for roughing Sam, and the refs were pretty kind to us on multiple occasions. Not usually the case, I agree, but yesterday if any team was helped by the refs, it was us.

6 minutes ago, wood said:

IIRC yesterday WV got called for roughing Sam, and the refs were pretty kind to us on multiple occasions. Not usually the case, I agree, but yesterday if any team was helped by the refs, it was us.

Any other situation and those calls do not go in our favor. It’s like the refs know and respond accordingly. (That’s in jest of course, but it sure does feel that way at times.)

Just now, thunderlounge said:

Any other situation and those calls do not go in our favor. It’s like the refs know and respond accordingly. (That’s in jest of course, but it sure does feel that way at times.)

Yep. That's I was thinking during the game. They're trying to force us to keep TH, lol.

I guess really the B12 wants a Texas - ou rematch in the CCG. Usually every single close call goes against us. Yesterday it seemed like the opposite.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. That's I was thinking during the game. They're trying to force us to keep TH, lol.
I guess really the B12 wants a Texas - ou rematch in the CCG. Usually every single close call goes against us. Yesterday it seemed like the opposite.

I almost tweeted an all-caps’d tirade to the Big12 twitter account about their shitty refs after that no-call PI in the endzone.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Taylor Gaspar Estes

She posted 3 different pics of her scooter road rash. Really seems to like to post pics of her body / hoohas. NTTAWWT. Butter face tho ...

Who is this chick, anyway?

Edited by wood

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas