Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

27 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Urban Meyer is going to put a stop to all that shit, not futuremans shit because that’s going to be on his own hands but I digress. Those first round draft picks we lose to other schools are going to be throwing up their Horns when they hug Roger fuck face Goodell. 

so how are you going to react as it slowly sets in that urban meyer has no interest in coaching the longhorns?

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

There's some obscure update on TFB.

Super K

I’ll keep this simple. It’s probably what you already suspect anyway.

***Hearing that regardless of the outcome of the season there are some money people who want a change but…

***I’m told that a win against Iowa State and a change is unlikely.

***Source said that if Herman wins out then a change, were it to become necessary, can be delayed by a year to ease the financial burden.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K

***Hearing that regardless of the outcome of the season there are some money people who want a change but…

***Source said that if Herman wins out then a change, were it to become necessary, can be delayed by a year to ease the financial burden.

This doesn't do a whole lot for me.... outside of the first part.

They did not address Urban at all? Hmmmm

Edited by UncleBuck

Just now, RGBIII said:

Yup. He said in the comments that ANY loss, not just Iowa state but probably the best chance at a loss

Okay, was wondering if that's what he meant. 

Still, the Urban-less update is interesting. That side is so fucking quiet. Something has to give soon, you'd think. Or maybe just waiting on all of the above mentioned. 

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K

Since winning our implies us being conference champions, this is all something we already know.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

so how are you going to react as it slowly sets in that urban meyer has no interest in coaching the longhorns?

Well I’ll probably deny any allegations that I wanted urban in the first place, shit on everybody else’s opinion, act like a complete fucking idiot, and throw out a bunch of “hot takes” that don’t mean shit. My reaction is going to be a lot like your entire existence on surly lol. If I can’t beat em I’ll join em man. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean it's so obvious even the national guys mention it, yet it's this quiet....

re: Tom Herman and Texas:

The search likely begins and ends with former Ohio State and Florida coach Urban Meyer. The FOX Sports analyst will demand a huge salary for him and his staff. Is Texas ready to ante up?

Candidates: Urban Meyer

Put me in the camp thinking that the Little Apple in December against a much better coach is likely our next loss.  We will probably win the next 2 games by a field goal though.

I'm curious if anyone has considered the "financial burden" of the majority of the fanbase checking out on football.  It doesn't appear to matter for basketball though.

RGB already cleared this up. ANY loss. Just thinks Iowa St is most likely loss. 
The only thing I want clarified is if it needs to be a regular season loss. I'd argue we could survive Iowa State and still have a high likelihood of losing to whoever we'd face in the CCG.

If Herman makes the game, does he save his job, or does he need to win the conference?

I think it should be win the conference or out. (technically I'd like him gone either way, but understand it's unlikely you fire a coach who just won the conference). The big 12 was there for the taking this year and we appear to have massively fucked it up. That plus recruiting should be enough if Tom can't win it this year.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Super K

Beating Iowa state is the standard lmao 😂 

and if we keep Herman for financial reasons that just shows we aren’t serious about winning and CDC is a failure 

• Hook 'Em 1

If urban says yes then the big 12 title game can’t even be enough to salvage Herman’s tenure. I’m guessing CDC is just waiting for the end of the year and he will pull the trigger. His legacy won’t be shit stained by a coach he didn’t hand pick. His other hires have been nails. I’m pretty much to the point where I’d accept a guy like Brent Venables as long as he doesn’t feed the players burnt toast and talk about winning practices for fucks sake. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If urban says yes then the big 12 title game can’t even be enough to salvage Herman’s tenure. I’m guessing CDC is just waiting for the end of the year and he will pull the trigger. His legacy won’t be shit stained by a coach he didn’t hand pick. His other hires have been nails. I’m pretty much to the point where I’d accept a guy like Brent Venables as long as he doesn’t feed the players burnt toast and talk about winning practices for fucks sake. 

What about Family Friday though?

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

What about Family Friday though?
Funny thing is, Tom stole the family Friday thing from Urban. I shit you not, it was a Florida thing that I'm guessing he took to Ohio State.

It's not such a shitty thing when you're winning a lot. Only seems like a waste of valuable time when the team isn't good and could use the working time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas