Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the frustrating thing about Iowa State, if a loss matters. Campbell is in line for the Michigan job. He might not be exactly tuned in for the Texas game, which means Turtle Fuckface skates by that one. I mean, it's the same shit for me - I'd prefer Texas wins, but any loss means it's over or proven bullshit. Either outcome would work, I guess. The beauty of the Kansas game is that a loss would actually be hilarious. I'll be fucking pissed and trending towards apathy with losses to ISU, KSU, and/or OU. A loss to KU will bring none of that feeling. I'll fucking laugh and start gloating to people about change coming to Texas. 

If Herman does anything besides run the table and win the conference he should definitely be gone, but that’s not exactly a hot take. He should still be gone even if he does all that if Urban’s willing to come here. 

I already had this feeling going into the OU game, but I just know Herman will find a way to make OU win the conference. Whether it’s both of us getting there and Herman predictably shitting the bed, or us beating exactly who OU needs to have lose so they get in. We’ve already allowed OU to control their own destiny by upsetting OSU. Now I expect we’ll find a way to beat ISU and have a 4 team tie that results in OU getting to play OSU. 

It’ so fucking infuriating that we could’ve ended OU’s season and caused their locker room to fall apart, and Rattler did everything he could to hand us the game in the first half. Of course Tom found a way to shit all over himself worse than that ugly ass albino premodonna OU has at QB. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the frustrating thing about Iowa State, if a loss matters. Campbell is in line for the Michigan job. He might not be exactly tuned in for the Texas game, which means Turtle Fuckface skates by that one. I mean, it's the same shit for me - I'd prefer Texas wins, but any loss means it's over or proven bullshit. Either outcome would work, I guess. The beauty of the Kansas game is that a loss would actually be hilarious. I'll be fucking pissed and trending towards apathy with losses to ISU, KSU, and/or OU. A loss to KU will bring none of that feeling. I'll fucking laugh and start gloating to people about change coming to Texas. 

I think the Kansas team that Charlie lost to would crush this team.  I don't think KSU has the offense or personnel to win either.  It's ISU or the CCG.  Obviously ou could sink Herman, I'd give us 40% shot vs osu.  In other words, purgatory until 2021 I guess.  I firmly believe he's gone after one more loss though, not sure if that's real or not.

• Haha 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

I think the Kansas team that Charlie lost to would crush this team.  I don't think KSU has the offense or personnel to win either.  It's ISU or the CCG.  Obviously ou could sink Herman, I'd give us 40% shot vs osu.  In other words, purgatory until 2021 I guess.  I firmly believe he's gone after one more loss though, not sure if that's real or not.

But if UT waits until after this season, CUM is probably off the table.  If turtle continues to win, he may scuttle CUM even more thoroughly than FUPM scuttled Saban.

6m3be.jpg

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Campbell to Michigan, man that's a catch 22. It's good that iowa state will hopefully turn into a gimme win but if we fuck it up with urban I wouldn't mind Campbell at all. Fundamental football wins 9-10 games with some built in blue blood recruiting. 

Campbell is not yet ready for Michigan or TEXAS... those jobs will eat his lunch right now. 

Campbell still loses his cool way too often during games and at some point it could needlessly result in a loss for his team.   A few more years at Iowa State would probably help him more in the long run -- otherwise he will have early struggles and may not last long enough for success at a job like Michigan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the frustrating thing about Iowa State, if a loss matters. Campbell is in line for the Michigan job. He might not be exactly tuned in for the Texas game, which means Turtle Fuckface skates by that one. 

I prefer to think of it the other way: Campbell will be very tuned in to the Texas game, knowing that a win might be what seals the deal and/or gives him more leverage with Meatchicken. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, wood said:

I prefer to think of it the other way: Campbell will be very tuned in to the Texas game, knowing that a win might be what seals the deal and/or gives him more leverage with Meatchicken. 

Yep, gives him more leverage with MI coming off another win against a ranked P5 team.  He's auditioning with every game.  A mental slip, calls into question how focused he is and how prepared he can get his team.  

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHedqErFlDT/?igshid=1md0wpjn8uft2

zach smith is a colossal piece of shit but I’m starting to believe more of the shit he says about the herminator. 

Zach Smith is a POS, but if he had real evidence of dirt on TH I wish he would have spilled it so we could fire him for cause.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

zach smith is a colossal piece of shit but I’m starting to believe more of the shit he says about the herminator. 

This is an old tweet featured in that picture and I'm pretty sure it was debunked as Zach Smith simply being a POS and trying to drag Herman's name through the mud in any way possible. Herman offered Jackson as a junior while at Ohio State.  I don't think he would tell the staff that he thought Jackson was "too dumb to play QB" and then offer him anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBryMan81 said:

This is an old tweet featured in that picture and I'm pretty sure it was debunked as Zach Smith simply being a POS and trying to drag Herman's name through the mud in any way possible. Herman offered Jackson as a junior while at Ohio State.  I don't think he would tell the staff that he thought Jackson was "too dumb to play QB" and then offer him anyway.

Yeah.  I mean, if it's F Tom Herman, it's FFFFFF Zach Smith. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Zach Smith is a POS, but if he had real evidence of dirt on TH I wish he would have spilled it so we could fire him for cause.

Zach Smith is a POS and if he DID have real dirt on TH he absolutely would have spilled it by now.

Don't waste your energy on that prick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He wouldn’t have been the first guy to offer at QB and then move to WR.

11 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Why would literally anyone anywhere trust a single word that comes out of wife abusing asshole's mouth?

Literally, he blames everything bad that has happened to him on Tom and Michelle - he has shown that he will lie about just about anything and everything.

I don't love Tom Herman but as far as we know he is just a narcissistic jerk - not a shitty human who abused his wife then torpedo'd his entire career and is left with nothing but throwing rocks at anyone and everyone who will listen.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

Why would literally anyone anywhere trust a single word that comes out of wife abusing asshole's mouth?

Literally, he blames everything bad that has happened to him on Tom and Michelle - he has shown that he will lie about just about anything and everything.

I don't love Tom Herman but as far as we know he is just a narcissistic jerk - not a shitty human who abused his wife then torpedo'd his entire career and is left with nothing but throwing rocks at anyone and everyone who will listen.

Literally?

Literally?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

Dude I’m not going to die on another hill this soon so all I can say is herman had no problem with zack smith until he became the head coach here. Complacency with something fucked up makes you fucked up too. Only my opinion, honestly. Zack smith should be guillotined for abusing a woman. Period. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Dude I’m not going to die on another hill this soon so all I can say is herman had no problem with zack smith until he became the head coach here. Complacency with something fucked up makes you fucked up too. Only my opinion, honestly. Zack smith should be guillotined for abusing a woman. Period. 

That is a stupid take. First, staff infighting with a guy who has a long history with tOSU is a quick way to be shown the door. Second, you don't know what happened between closed doors.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That is a stupid take. First, staff infighting with a guy who has a long history with tOSU is a quick way to be shown the door. Second, you don't know what happened between closed doors.

Strip clubs don’t have closed doors.  That would be bad for business.  Are you talking about the VIP lounge?   

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, and Greg Ward were all apparently smart enough though.

23 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yes, it is another example of misusage of a word being so common that it makes it into the dictionary because dictionary definitions reflect usage, not proper usage. 

And, yeah, I'm a snob about it.  I just think it makes people sound lazy and stupid.

irregardless of this opinion......

Zach Smith is a piece of human garbage.......that being said, just be cause he is a low life piece of garbage woman beater........doesn't mean what he has claimed about Herman isn't also true. They are not mutually exclusive.

Also, there was a lot of belief at the time by people in the industry that the only reason all that happened was Tom was pissed about Urban raiding Texas.......  I mean Herman allegedly cheated on Michelle with Coed/s at ISU.......he isn't some fricking choir boy.

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

In todays Humidor IT said that the silence is a good thing in regards to Urban and that a former HC with ties to UT said it is a possibility. They added that a Big 12 championship may not be enough to save his job. 

Also in what should be a fireable offense neither Herman or Hand has ever reached out to Donald Hawkins to build a relationship. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

In todays Humidor IT said that the silence is a good thing in regards to Urban and that a former HC with ties to UT said it is a possibility. They added that a Big 12 championship may not be enough to save his job. 

Also in what should be a fireable offense neither Herman or Hand has ever reached out to Donald Hawkins to build a relationship. 

inject that shit directly into my veins GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

irregardless of this opinion......

Zach Smith is a piece of human garbage.......that being said, just be cause he is a low life piece of garbage woman beater........doesn't mean what he has claimed about Herman isn't also true. They are not mutually exclusive.

Also, there was a lot of belief at the time by people in the industry that the only reason all that happened was Tom was pissed about Urban raiding Texas.......  I mean Herman allegedly cheated on Michelle with Coed/s at ISU.......he isn't some fricking choir boy.

This is exactly what I was getting at when I posted the Instagram link. Herman used a shitty situation that he was well aware of the entire time to basically get Meyer fired. The idea that he had to worry about his job so he didn’t say anything doesn’t take away that he’s a coward and kind of a shit bag. If he doesn’t say anything at all then I get the point but being a hero later didn’t save that woman any black eyes. I think it might actually be worse to use the situation to look like he cares after the fact. 

18 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is exactly what I was getting at when I posted the Instagram link. Herman used a shitty situation that he was well aware of the entire time to basically get Meyer fired. The idea that he had to worry about his job so he didn’t say anything doesn’t take away that he’s a coward and kind of a shit bag. If he doesn’t say anything at all then I get the point but being a hero later didn’t save that woman any black eyes. I think it might actually be worse to use the situation to look like he cares after the fact. 

His wife did all the work

Edited by CenTex Hill Billy
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Some of us have been saying these things for a while now. No $9.95 necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yes, it is another example of misusage of a word being so common that it makes it into the dictionary because dictionary definitions reflect usage, not proper usage. 

And, yeah, I'm a snob about it.  I just think it makes people sound lazy and stupid.

Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don't know, and I don't care.

[William Safire]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yes, Herman is the real bad guy in the Zach Smith saga.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas