Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

Doesn’t Billy Sims “barbecue” up in Mobilehoma have upside down Longhorn stickers in their urinals?

Thanks for the royalties and thanks for the space in your psyche for which UT pays zilch.  Actually, if you think about it, y’all pay UT in way of said royalties. Idoits.

Huh.  But then wouldn’t the horns be right side up when the inbreds are taking a drink?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Mentioned this in the CDC thread but probably more relevant here.

TH says all their goals are still in front of them.  It's  a shame no one had the guts to ask "so I guess that means it was your goal at the start of the season to not make the playoffs.  Do you think your AD and the boosters shared your goal to not make the playoffs?"

yeah exactly.  all of our goals that are still in front of us are still in front of us.

example of key goal  still in front of us -  "beat a shitty KU team by more than 2 points"

as far as the press print, knowing the truth, I'm sure that is exactly what Akers, Mackovic and Charlie thought as well.  Fuck this guy.  he's been losing key recruiting battles since he got here.  

He  sucks and is a slapdick.  the slapdick part is just becoming more obvious to recruits since the shine wore off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah it would. The silence is deafening.

I'm sure the great meetings with CDC that Tom describes are

CDC: Tom, need you in my office for our weekly meeting

Tom: Hi Boss, sorry I'm sweating but winning sure is hard.  Everything is OK, right?

CDC: Tom, is the team going to win this week?

Tom: well it will be hard but I think we are ready.  Hey maybe you could tweet that everything is hunky dory so I don't have to come up with some lame ass bullshit at the press conf this week?

CDC: uh yeah, I'm backing off on the tweeting due to covid Tom. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Listen I'm hardly on here anymore because I just don't give a shit about the team in its current condition.  

All I want to know is.

What's the groupthink on Urban?  We getting him or not?

#yeahiknow

#maybemaybenotmaybegofuckyourself.gif

Situation is fluid on getting Urban in burnt orange.  All signs point to maybe.

Bonus of no Kansas game.  Extra week off is plenty of time for CDC and Herman to renegotiate an actual buyout if they want.  This thing could go so smooth, imo.  In my mind they sit down Sat. morning while team would have been warming up, and take care of this thing in about 2 hours.  Negotiate a lump-sum, far less than the total Tom is due over the next three years, but have it be a lump sum that wouldn't require Tom to look for a head coaching job.  Get him out of Austin by end of November.  Announce buyout this Saturday night, including interim coach Ash, who will coach against last three teams.  One week later, announce Urban hiring, who will immediately upon announcement tackle recruiting and hiring staff.  

Call me crazy sure.  But why not?  Somebody please explain why a true buyout cannot happen during the season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Bonus of no Kansas game.  Extra week off is plenty of time for CDC and Herman to renegotiate an actual buyout if they want.  This thing could go so smooth, imo.  In my mind they sit down Sat. morning while team would have been warming up, and take care of this thing in about 2 hours.  Negotiate a lump-sum, far less than the total Tom is due over the next three years, but have it be a lump sum that wouldn't require Tom to look for a head coaching job.  Get him out of Austin by end of November.  Announce buyout this Saturday night, including interim coach Ash, who will coach against last three teams.  One week later, announce Urban hiring, who will immediately upon announcement tackle recruiting and hiring staff.  

Call me crazy sure.  But why not?  Somebody please explain why a true buyout cannot happen during the season.  

I like it...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The South Carolina 247 mod posted that a source told him Herman might look at them as an option instead of waiting to be fired here.

It’s the Dana Holgerson move, take another job before you get fired for good money at a step down program.   He could go from 6M to 4M but get probably 5 more years guaranteed.   Otherwise he will have to step back to the minors league and 1-2M plus paying his own expenses.  

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

It’s the Dana Holgerson move, take another job before you get fired for good money at a step down program.   He could go from 6M to 4M but get probably 5 more years guaranteed.   Otherwise he will have to step back to the minors league and 1-2M plus paying his own expenses.  

Mensa

Our media is pretty docile compared to most. As @Deej said, if Austin radio is calling your ass out on a daily basis—you are done. Or should be. In the early aughts, Mack was a master at working the media. It gave him a longer leash than he deserved. Herman has played too many Mensa mind games. I mean his quotes before the Baylor game were a joke. Like how they were researching their opponent by searching their message boards and if they are anything like UT boards a guy with a sprained ankle means that the sky is falling. It’s year four of his regime and I feel like my ten year old neighbor has more awareness and maturity. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

He can go to aggy when LSU pays Jimbo's zero dollar buyout. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Our media is pretty docile compared to most. As @Deej said, if Austin radio is calling your ass out on a daily basis—you are done. Or should be. In the early aughts, Mack was a master at working the media. It gave him a longer leash than he deserved. Herman has played too many Mensa mind games. I mean his quotes before the Baylor game were a joke. Like how they were researching their opponent by searching their message boards and if they are anything like UT boards a guy with a sprained ankle means that the sky is falling. It’s year four of his regime and I feel like my ten year old neighbor has more awareness and maturity. 

I said this on the Urban Meyer or Bust thread. Tom is so hung up on the message boards. Are they messing up your recruiting because they are spreading rumors? Or are they your secret to success by helping you game plan against Baylor?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I said this on the Urban Meyer or Bust thread. Tom is so hung up on the message boards. Are they messing up your recruiting because they are spreading rumors? Or are they your secret to success by helping you game plan against Baylor?

Good points! This writer/blogger gets it too:

“Some people need to understand. When you are winning, you can be as fun and cute as you want to. But when you lose, this kind of stuff just makes you look like a clueless idiot. I do not get paid millions of dollars to coach football, but I would like to think that a head coach on the hot seat should focused more on his own team that spewing out total BS like this.”

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2020/10/20/is-tom-herman-the-last-one-to-know-his-seat-is-getting-hot/

The South Carolina 247 mod posted that a source told him Herman might look at them as an option instead of waiting to be fired here.
This was my thought when the insider ScottButter said Urban was a done deal. The only way a SC insider would know that would be for Herman to be in play there. Also he would have taken that job in 2015 had they not lost to the Citadel.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Listen I'm hardly on here anymore because I just don't give a shit about the team in its current condition.  

All I want to know is.

#yeahiknow

7 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Situation is fluid on getting Urban in burnt orange.  All signs point to maybe.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

All I want to know is.

#yeahiknow

Good chance we will, but probably not.  

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas