Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

TFB- nothing new update

Spoiler

Nothing new here, just wanted to pass along some additional confirmation I received from a third source.

In a previous post I noted that I was told that should Herman win out and even lose in the Big 12 championship game, he’d likely be retained. However, a loss to Iowa State (or any other regular season opponent) would likely result in a change.

I’ve received some additional confirmation on this. This particular person worded it even more forcefully saying that one more regular season loss will likely spell the end.

Needless to say, that Iowa State game is going to loom incredibly large.

18 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

All all for the SC rumors, but why the hell would they take Herman over Freeze (or other candidates)??  Great for us and all but what's in it for SC?

If they REALLY wanted Herman (they don't), couldn't they just wait until he's let go and then get him cheaper if he really wants to coach anyway giving him one of those backloaded incentive contracts so Texas pays him for first couple years?

For Herman it would make sense, for SC would not unless they really want him... again I could not imagine they do. His state of Texas recruiting pedigree wouldn't be a plus.

FWIW, there has been back channeling between Herman and SC...and he was SCs top choice in 2015 and remains close to the AD. I dont think its likely but......

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

All all for the SC rumors, but why the hell would they take Herman over Freeze (or other candidates)??  Great for us and all but what's in it for SC?

If they REALLY wanted Herman (they don't), couldn't they just wait until he's let go and then get him cheaper if he really wants to coach anyway giving him one of those backloaded incentive contracts so Texas pays him for first couple years?

For Herman it would make sense, for SC would not unless they really want him... again I could not imagine they do. His state of Texas recruiting pedigree wouldn't be a plus.

"Great for us and all but what's in it for SC?"

Q:  what's in it for SC?"

A: "Great for us and all

Does the Surl need more?

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB- nothing new update

Hide contents

Nothing new here, just wanted to pass along some additional confirmation I received from a third source.

In a previous post I noted that I was told that should Herman win out and even lose in the Big 12 championship game, he’d likely be retained. However, a loss to Iowa State (or any other regular season opponent) would likely result in a change.

I’ve received some additional confirmation on this. This particular person worded it even more forcefully saying that one more regular season loss will likely spell the end.

forceful

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

One constant among the 9.95ers is that OB’s remains the shittiest since competition came about. 

I still like Anwar.. because he obviously has an in with the current staff.. he was the one breaking all the coaching changes last year..  Wonder who will get in with the next staff.

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I still like Anwar.. because he obviously has an in with the current staff.. he was the one breaking all the coaching changes last year..  Wonder who will get in with the next staff.

I’m speaking overall. Anwar’s prepared question to Tom makes me think less of him though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

TFB- nothing new update

Reveal hidden contents

This continues to not make sense.  If the OU/TCU losses were enough to start the clock counting down on the end of Tom's tenure - how the fuck would another loss (even if its in the CCG game) stop it?  Tom's been tyo and lost a CCG before, and this team is talented enough that it should have been undefeated going into the CCG.

How the fuck are we giving Tom any credit for a season where a talented veteran team lost two games in an extra-shitty Big 12 on their way to a CCG loss?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This should go over well...

I support this!  And this does open the possibility that some other university could be easily taken in by Tom's attractive resume.  Maybe he will win the regular season games and leave on his own volition?  Say he wins out and loses to OU by 14.    He meets with CDC and expects extension.  CDC 'no, if you think you're that good, go ahead, feel free to look elsewhere'.   Tom's ego is bruised and maybe he does leave?  Good grief, I can't believe I just typed that.  There really are multiple ways for this clown to leave.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

TFB- nothing new update

Hide contents

So he's likely to save his job IF he beats K-State and ISU to just get to the CCG, no matter what happens there?

tenor.gif?itemid=17279833

That MF'er is going to win out to the CCG.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This continues to not make sense.  If the OU/TCU losses were enough to start the clock counting down on the end of Tom's tenure - how the fuck would another loss (even if its in the CCG game) stop it?  Tom's been tyo and lost a CCG before, and this team is talented enough that it should have been undefeated going into the CCG.

How the fuck are we giving Tom any credit for a season where a talented veteran team lost two games in an extra-shitty Big 12 on their way to a CCG loss?

The simple answer to that for me is "Maybe we aren't". 

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

How in the actual fuck can anybody who calls the shots at Texas look over at those maroon sheep fuckers ranked 5th and think man Herman gets us to the ccg we might be alright??? If any of that is true then we are super fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Do we have a pending home and home we can toss in soon? That would be riotous and probably a decent draw.
Cow vs. chicken

9 hours ago, Deej said:

This is where I'm at. Everyone hates us and talks shit about us, even when we are down like we are now. Fuck 'em. Let's give them something to really hate. 

Order up new black hats for the band. Fuck all the hate. Ride it, love it, win it.

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

I think we can all agree that it's embarrassing to engage in back channel conversations for a job in Columbia, South Carolina

Or Columbia, Missouri. Just sayin.

6 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

There really are multiple ways for this clown to leave.

Just need one, but light the whole stack on fire to be safe.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Imagine losing a #1 recruit who grew up a fan of the school you’re coaching at because you’re such a fucking dumb fuck shit coach. 

Herman’s panties got bunched up when he lost Garrett Wilson so this is just version 2.0

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Imagine losing a #1 recruit who grew up a fan of the school you’re coaching at because you’re such a fucking dumb fuck shit coach. 

grounds for termination right there, combined with the embarrassing Sam by himself on the field after OU thing and the refusal to call Dickson's name his last year.  He was your special teams MVP for the year and you showed your unprofessional attitude at every opportunity. 

CASE CLOSED! 

Edited by orangecat92
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

call me crazy but Chris Ash may be just competent enough as a DC to get Herman to the CCG.  I'm going to go take a shower now....

Shit, we can win the CCG if we don’t face OU. Just because it’ll make shit more complicated for us...or make Herm attractive enough to get “plucked” away by SCar.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, thunderlounge said:
Three weeks between games, job on the line, should be a win over Iowa State without question. Perfect scenario for TH to choke. It's one thing he really is good at.

He's a bowl game winner. With multiple weeks to organize he typically does.

Agree with bowl game theory, but Maryland?  He had an entire offseason twice.  Who the fuck knows with this clown.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Three weeks between games, job on the line, should be a win over Iowa State without question. Perfect scenario for TH to choke. It's one thing he really is good at.

He's got too much time to think about it. He's going to Mensa it up. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas