Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The shitting on CDC at this point for anything other than the Eyes debacle is  embarrassing and idiotic. Good lawd guys

I don't think so.  Our football and basketball programs are not competitive at all.  We are out of the national picture within the first few weeks of the season every fucking year.  Our recruiting for football is the worst it has ever been.  Meanwhile our rivals are all ranked ahead of us and many have consistently made the CFP, won it, or are competing for it.  

He's the guy in charge.  He decides what is acceptable here and what isn't.  I will repeat this a 1000 times.  Good leaders make good decisions before it's too late.  There is a top 3 coach sitting there.  Herman clearly is not going to win a championship here.  There is no debating that.  Our recruiting class is looking like it should belong to Iowa State or Kansas State, not like one of a blue blood with resources.  We struggle to beat shit teams.  We are 1-5 versus our rival.  This has become acceptable here and it's embarrassing.  CDC needs to go if he thinks keeping Herman here is better than throwing the kitchen sink at Meyer.   

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I don't think so.  Our football and basketball programs are not competitive at all.  We are out of the national picture within the first few weeks of the season every fucking year.  Our recruiting for football is the worst it has ever been.  Meanwhile our rivals are all ranked ahead of us and many have consistently made the CFP, won it, or are competing for it.  

He's the guy in charge.  He decides what is acceptable here and what isn't.  I will repeat this a 1000 times.  Good leaders make good decisions before it's too late.  There is a top 3 coach sitting there.  Herman clearly is not going to win a championship here.  There is no debating that.  Our recruiting class is looking like it should belong to Iowa State or Kansas State, not like one of a blue blood with resources.  We struggle to beat shit teams.  We are 1-5 versus our rival.  This has become acceptable here and it's embarrassing.  CDC needs to go if he thinks keeping Herman here is better than throwing the kitchen sink at Meyer.   

I agree with all of that. But there is still a chance (0.000000000001%) that we win out and win a national championship. Yes, it wont happen but until we lose another game, CDC aint making a move... especially not publicly. 

we have no clue of what is happening behind the scenes right now. Judge CDC over the next 8 months (after bbal and fball seasons are done)... judgement right now is moronic

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I hear what you're saying, but I'm still on the CDC bandwagon, UNTIL Texas loses its next game.

If he doesn't fire Herman after that next loss, I'm done with CDC as well.

I fully believe Covid bought Shaka another year.  I think he was gone after last year if the season played itself out.  

I feel like CDC is a good AD who has been through a shit ton in the last twelve months.  He was never going to get out of this squeaky clean.  The Eyes, Covid protocols, all of it.  Now football is a dumpster fire.  There's a good chance he's replacing his top two revenue coaches this year.

We'll find out what we need to know on CDC in the next few months.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I feel like CDC is a good AD who has been through a shit ton in the last twelve months.  He was never going to get out of this squeaky clean.  The Eyes, Covid protocols, all of it.  Now football is a dumpster fire.  There's a good chance he's replacing his top two revenue coaches this year.

Or we could keep them and give the quidditch coach a big raise.

38 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Meanwhile our rivals are all ranked ahead of us and many have consistently made the CFP, won it, or are competing for it.  

Our "rivals" - plural - are consistently making the CFP and have won it? We are talking about Texas, correct?

We have as many CFP wins as all of our "rivals" combined.

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

True, just fake insiders playing both sides.  Bottom line is we need a loss, maybe Urbs ain't taking us seriously until there is an actual job opening.  

Herman is canned even if he wins out. He's basically on his own and interviewing for his next head coaching position. 

Donor money declining. Recruits not wanting to join Ewers. CDC cutting him off. He gone. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Herman is canned even if he wins out. He's basically on his own and interviewing for his next head coaching position. 

Donor money declining. Recruits not wanting to join Ewers. CDC cutting him off. He gone. 

Yeah this is how I see it, and the silence is good. Hope I'm not wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Ewers didn't even want to join Ewers.  He decommitted like a month after his commitment.  CDC can't be as heralded as he is at his job and be so shortsighted as to only be looking at this season.  This team has no future under Herman even if he's good enough to win the special ed version of the big12.

That in the last 3.5 seasons we have 17 losses and the wins have all been so close that we have never had a chance to give our 2nd team any reps, ya that’s my take away from Mensa ball.

Not really accurate. Outside of the QB, we rotate the shit out of the players it seems to our own detriment.

29 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Winning out means winning the big12.  I just don't see us firing him after he leads Texas to our first conference title in over a decade. 

*excuse me while i throw up. 

20 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Cheez-It, you say?  The Herman Muenster bowl.  

No, the 2020 Cheez-It Bowl to be held at CampingWorld Stadium in Orlando.  Believe it or not, it's the #3 bowl in the Big XII selection process.  And we'd be lucky to have it at this point.  

But yes, I like your Muenster angle.  Perhaps even a fine Manchego since so many of our fans/donors are mindless sheep.  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Xian said:

Winning out means winning the big12.  I just don't see us firing him after he leads Texas to our first conference title in over a decade. 

*excuse me while i throw up. 

Word is Tom wants out as well. Both sides would go their separate ways. Could easily see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Pretty sure our players don’t care what “Ghost of Shag” thinks. Stop your grandstanding behavior. You’re a terrible poster and everyone knows it. If you wanna pull off some program purist routine, get a sock. 

Fuck you assclown.

I have been following Texas football for 60 years.

I have forgot more than you will ever know.

Now get off my lawn dipshit.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Tfb saying looking less likely for urban. Definitely not over though

hahaha “less likely” as if it were ever “likely.”  every bit of coverage on urban coming here has been bullshit from word one.  $9.95 knows people are desperate so it’s easier than ever to sell garbage.  I stand by my offer.  and urban is not going to be the next coach at texas.  guaranteed.  
what’s wrong with you people?  go back to your shanties.  

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

hahaha “less likely” as if it were ever “likely.”  every bit of coverage on urban coming here has been bullshit from word one.  $9.95 knows people are desperate so it’s easier than ever to sell garbage.  I stand by my offer.  and urban is not going to be the next coach at texas.  guaranteed.  

Welp...we'll see.

Preparest thy anus.

d3516f21855abad78fe65909b878bf92.jpeg
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

hahahaha

I remember blocking that Steamboat fucker a year+ ago after watching him shill constantly for Shaka Smart on the basketball board. He's the classic "the king is dead! long live the king!" fan when it comes to coaches. It doesn't matter who is in the role, they're fucking geniuses, we're idiots, and that coach "would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids, dagnabbit!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I guess watching Cockroach Fuckface pull off the string of wins after showing up and just straight up taking a dump on the fanbase's hopes for the season is apropos. Of course this is what this fucking guy would do. I'll take the Texas wins, but he can go fuck himself. 

The most Hermantic thing ever would be for Texas to win these games and then go out and immediately shit itself against Kansas. It seems completely unbelievable, which makes me wonder if it isn't possible.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess watching Cockroach Fuckface pull off the string of wins after showing up and just straight up taking a dump on the fanbase's hopes for the season is apropos. Of course this is what this fucking guy would do. I'll take the Texas wins, but he can go fuck himself. 

The most Hermantic thing ever would be for Texas to win these games and then go out and immediately shit itself against Kansas. It seems completely unbelievable, which makes me wonder if it isn't possible.

ancient aliens GIF

On 11/8/2020 at 12:36 AM, ousux said:
On 11/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:
Just winning out won’t save tom. Anyone with eyes can see in year 4 we look like a transition team with a coach in his first year. What a fucking zzzzz game.

I'd like to believe that, but the optics of firing a coach with only 2 losses will be considered, things may not happen like we want.

yousux 

...or as least your take on this sucks. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas