Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Sam's stats can be compared to Colt's as a sophomore.  Almost exact same % complete, but Colt had more yards....3300 ish including bowl  game.  Sam might end up around 3100.  Incredibly close!  I would not have guessed the stats would be that close.  

TD/INt 

Sam 23/4

Colt 22/18

Wow! Huge advantage for Sam on  ints.  

Sam's stats can be compared to Colt's as a sophomore.  Almost exact same % complete, but Colt had more yards....3300 ish including bowl  game.  Sam might end up around 3100.  Incredibly close!  I would not have guessed the stats would be that close.  

TD/INt 

Sam 23/4
Colt 22/18

Chiles should starts!

What’s amazing is what caused this was the deterioration of offensive line talent. Due to poor recruiting and development, to this day, we have guys on our roster who should have redshirted. But because of need, they were thrown into the fire (Vahe, Shackleford, Okafor).

And Chiles not developing as a QB also impacted poor QB depth. Something Herman seems to be addressing.

Gilbert
Case McCoy
Ash
Swoopes
Buechele
Ehlinger

Heard was the only scholarship QB during this time that got a redshirt. Amazing.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:05 PM, orangecat92 said:

TD/INt 

Sam 23/4

Colt 22/18

throw in 11 rush TDs for Sam vs 4 for Colt. that is a huge part of Sam's game is getting us in the endzone down inside the 10.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Not sure if this is a smokescreen of not...... Always like how Belichek won't disclose much about injuries.

But in College football, sometimes coaches will lower expectations so the fans are more realistic...... My buddies in Michigan are still devastated today by their loss to the Suckeyes.....

5 minutes ago, po elvis said:

throw in 11 rush TDs for Sam vs 4 for Colt. that is a huge part of Sam's game is getting us in the endzone down inside the 10.

Yeah, not enough has been said about how good Sam is about actually punching it in. He's a pretty reliable option.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, runthebone said:

Plus, he rarely played the fourth quarter.  In any case, great year for Ehlinger

AND, we kept him in the pocket and just managed the A&M game. We knew we just needed to win and not sustain injuries and ran a minimal offense in that game.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Learning how and when to slide should be an offseason priority. My only concern is that Sam's makeup will make this difficult. I love his aggressiveness, but he's no good on the sidelines.

Double edged sword really. How many first downs or TD's would we have missed without him throwing his body out there for that extra yard? But yes, that mindset could cost us a game or two if it causes a real injury. 

Double edged sword really. How many first downs or TD's would we have missed without him throwing his body out there for that extra yard? But yes, that mindset could cost us a game or two if it causes a real injury. 

Tds? Probably not many. First downs and the points that come from it are a different thing.

Definitely.  The first thing I noticed on his first few throws is that they were weak and had no authority to them.

He honestly probably should have sat against Kansas. Obviously his running helps but I'm not sure there is much of a drop off with Sam throwing the way he was. Hopefully the extra day of rest and continued treatment has him as close to 100 percent as he was for OSU through Tech.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Some of them, yes, but I don't know what possessed him to throw this ball:

He never saw the coverage undercutting the throw. He made some bad decisions, but you could see him trying to “body”throws and he lacked some zip on his longer attempts. 

He, unfortunately, still led with and landed on his lead shoulder all game. 

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Definitely.  The first thing I noticed on his first few throws is that they were weak and had no authority to them.

Saw the same thing.  They were accurate but lacking zip.  Also looks like mechanics are different with a longer windup and body throw, trying to get the ball out to compensate for shoulder issue.  

Is what it is but that sucks, I have 100% confidence that healthy Sam smashes OU like GJ in a 3-some with a couple fertile chicks. 

I fully believe what Herman said in his presser yesterday: "I have a feeling it's going to bother him a lot less in the Big 12 Championship game than it did in Kansas". We would all like to think that our players were 100% hyped for that game last week, but the reality is they just weren't. Sam, and the rest of our players, will experience another level of adrenaline this week that they just simply didn't feel in an 80% empty stadium on a cold, windy day. The human body can do amazing things with the assistance of adrenaline, so I am confident we'll see Sam go off this week. This game means more to Sam than it does to Kyler, and I truly believe that will play a tangible role in this game. Ok, cool. Hook 'em.   

• Like 1