Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

On 11/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, Texas25 said:

I'll also just leave this here for Goo Punch

14. Sam Ehlinger - 79.6 QBR

15. Trevor Lawrence - 79.5 QBR

Sam is 6th in the country in expected points added on plays with pass attempts.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Sam’s QBR would be higher if Sam played the teams Lawrence has faced. Every team in the Big 12 is designed to defend the pass, and must do it against pretty good QB’s every week. Admittedly some do it better then others, but the schemes are predicated on stopping the opposing team from gouging them through the air first. Against the ACC, combined with his ability to run, I believe Sam would look like a legitimate draft pick.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, gmr548 said:

Obviously the defense, or lack thereof, has been the talk of the town, but Sam has been absolute money since OU. Still takes too many sacks but you can live with that given everything else he's done well. Would never have seen this coming after Maryland, hats off to Sam and the coaching staff. I do expect ISU to slow him and the offense down a bit because they are very good, but wanted to get that in before the knee jerk reactions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The big thing for me is the interceptions. Sam last year was the guy who threw then whenever the game was on the line.

Sam this year is... "Interceptions? I do not know this word..."

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So this is how it feels to have a good quarterback. I'd almost forgotten.

Last time was... Colt? But Sam's built to take a few more hits than Colt.

Good thing we finally got an OL coach who knows his job. Hopefully we won't need Sam to be tougher than Colt.

Unless he gets hit on the shoulder. 

Too soon?

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

lol, y'all are never happy. after the game i posted that he was a badass, that i needed to STFU and that I would leave the thread alone for awhile, and now you're complaining about *that*. you and several others haven't stopped talking about me, so don't even pretend like you aren't more concerned with keeping the fight going than just being happy about Sam. Jesus. 

And yeah, Sam has just gotten better and better and better. I won't try and and deny his greatness any longer. I was wrong about him from the start. 

Good post, Goo. FYI, I am in agreement with your UT basketball views.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, Texas25 said:

What you have to understand is that he should have completed 100% of his passes, he still just misses to many throws. He should have gone 36/36 for 500 yards against that awful Tech defense, we should expect nothing less.

Count the drops :^)

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

@Goo Punch is cool. He doesn't deserve any more abuse. And he's right about UT basketball. 

Here's a gem from @6th Street, lulz. 

"Either they teach Sam how to throw a football or find someone who does."

So do we pile on 6th Street now or what? I got my pitchfork sharpened last week. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
48 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
Sam needs to learn to slide and hit the post. Hopefully the slide thing doesn't take him out of this game.

This is why I don't get why so many give other QBs shit for sliding. I don't want my QB taking shots like that.

Unless it's kyler Murray and he's sliding 10 yards away from a tackler, 4 yards short of 1st down

AC Contusion in shoulder, said it felt different from last hit, new injury not reinjury. X-Ray negative for fracture, MRI tomorrow. He asked to go back in, but couldn't throw past 15 yards without pain.

Hopefully he can rest next week and Shane can get it done in his last game before burning his redshirt. It'd be nice for Sam to have a full week to heal before OU/WVU.

Edited by BigXII

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:
Sam needs to learn to slide and hit the post. Hopefully the slide thing doesn't take him out of this game.

This is why I don't get why so many give other QBs shit for sliding. I don't want my QB taking shots like that.

Yeah, he needs to be smarter than this. This was a little bit of last years Sam.