Next Week--Tulsa

idahorn

I’ll be at the game

Me too! I’ll be wearing a Tulsa shirt, but today notwithstanding, you guys will win by a lot. They’ll be lucky to gain 100 total yards on your defense. Ehlinger could be five yards a pass and Tulsa won’t come close to a pick. And for motivation, the coach Montgomery is a Rapey Briles protege. Pretty sure the only reason he’s escaped scrutiny is because he’s at an irrelevant program. If he somehow had some success I’m guessing he has no possibility of being hired at any higher profile program when people start to care about his background.

To;dr: Tulsa is not good at the game of American college football + Rape Briles connection.

9 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

When  we beat them next week, don't get all giddy fuckbois.  We still suck.  

I’m actually loathing going and trying to even cheer. I’ll be very un-enthused but I’m going with my parents and already bought tickets. It’s just tradition to go to the home opener. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’m actually loathing going and trying to even cheer. I’ll be very un-enthused but I’m going with my parents and already bought tickets. It’s just tradition to go to the home opener. 

Same tradition...don't see me or my crew getting too excited after the game

Me too! I’ll be wearing a Tulsa shirt, but today notwithstanding, you guys will win by a lot. They’ll be lucky to gain 100 total yards on your defense. Ehlinger could be five yards a pass and Tulsa won’t come close to a pick. And for motivation, the coach Montgomery is a Rapey Briles protege. Pretty sure the only reason he’s escaped scrutiny is because he’s at an irrelevant program. If he somehow had some success I’m guessing he has no possibility of being hired at any higher profile program when people start to care about his background.

To;dr: Tulsa is not good at the game of American college football + Rape Briles connection.

Tulsa sounds like us

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Not sure if 'fun' is the word I would use to describe this matchup. 

Eh, after the last few years I enjoy going to games that I know we’re gonna win. My son doesn’t care how good they are.  Less disappointing drive home. 

17 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

We should have started with them first.

Jesus Christ. The first 2 teams on our schedule COMBINED for 6 wins last year. It's unbelievably sad that opening the season against a team that won 4 games the previous year is too steep a challenge for the Longhorns. But gee whiz Maryland is too tough and scary to start the year against. We just suck and it doesn't matter what order we play teams in. 

32 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Jesus Christ. The first 2 teams on our schedule COMBINED for 6 wins last year. It's unbelievably sad that opening the season against a team that won 4 games the previous year is too steep a challenge for the Longhorns. But gee whiz Maryland is too tough and scary to start the year against. We just suck and it doesn't matter what order we play teams in. 

At least against Tulsa we could work out all the kinks and would have then been better prepared (somewhat) for Maryland.