Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

Now thats fucking funny, it’s a cross between the old hockey move of grabbing the sweater to get leverage and my high school baseball team move.

In the off-season while we’re wearing those old gray sweats with hoods you simple grab the two draw strings of a dude’s hoodie and close the hole and start dragging him around popping him in the head while repeating “you look alright, you look alright”

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I do love how everyone is picking the Seahawks. That gives me more confidence that this team will come out ready to play. We were a 3.5 point favorite, and it’s been bet down to 2. 

I think we win. If this was in Seattle, I would say otherwise. But I like our chances at home. We have only lost one home game this season, right? To the Titans I believe. The other 5 losses were on the road if I remember (Panthers, Redskins, Seahawks, Colts, Texans). This is the one season where homefield does help us.

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke had about 3 or 4 mental lapses the first time we played. Stepped out of bounds before he caught that TD pass. Fumbled. And I think he stepped out of bounds again. He did not seem focused. I know he put up yardage but his mistakes cost us big time and we could never get going. But this offense is much different than it was back then. Also, they don't have Earl Thomas. Not to mention, they are much different on the road, especially in the playoffs. They will go as Russell goes. You get him to him and knock him around and sack him, we win.

Was LVE starting last time or was it Lee?  Seems like that may be a difference as well. 

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Carroll's thoughts on playing at Jerry World, which is pretty accurate.

Spot on with the field level suites. I don't know why anyone who likes football would want to be in one of those. And it's way to expensive a place to just drink, eat nachos and hang out and watch the game on TV. Go to a sports bar.

2 hours ago, DougO said:

Spot on with the field level suites. I don't know why anyone who likes football would want to be in one of those. And it's way to expensive a place to just drink, eat nachos and hang out and watch the game on TV. Go to a sports bar.

Don't those field-level suites all come with seats just above the boxes where you can watch the game with the regular crowd?

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Don't those field-level suites all come with seats just above the boxes where you can watch the game with the regular crowd?

Yes.  A friend of mine has one of those boxes and he has seats on the lowest level that go with the box.  He say's people still stay in the box to talk and drink.  He thinks they are crazy. 

32 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Yes.  A friend of mine has one of those boxes and he has seats on the lowest level that go with the box.  He say's people still stay in the box to talk and drink.  He thinks they are crazy. 

I thought that was the case. It's nice to be able to go down there and refill cocktails and what-not but you can't see the game unless you're watching it on TV. A buddy of mine has one of the boxes directly behind one of the goal posts. It's kind of interesting but hard to really watch the game. It is cool, though when the action is literally yards away from you.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

LVE and Jaylon have gotten much better since that game, too. We now have Cooper. Jarwin is becoming a factor. This game will be different for sure.

True. Also, they were 0-2, essentially with their season on the line when they played us. Playing at home. They were a desperate team. To play devils advocate though, they didn’t have KJ Wright or Doug Baldwin when we played them the first time. 

One more sleep, man. This week has been dragging ass 

I have faith Dak will raise his game to the pressure and the offense will score 30 or a little over which will be necessary because this worn out exhausted defense is giving up 28+ to Wilson. 

If they win this game it's because of Dak and in spite of Garrett's horrendous team management. If they lose it's 100% because of Garrett. The only reason this team should lose at home to that team is because the head coach can't manage his players or a game worth a fuck. 

2 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Garrett is a dick. But for whatever reason this team has played balls out for him, most of the time. Hope they do Sat.

They were talking about this on a podcast, and to a certain extent I agree. Monday through Saturday, Garrett might be a top 5 coach. The way he can get the guys to buy into his message and believe in him is pretty impressive considering how unbelievably below average he is on game day. He’s far from a shitty coach, but average coaches need a better OC than scott fucking Linehan. I dont necessarily think Linehan is terrible either, just a bad fit with Dak. He’s stubborn to no end, and doesn’t make changes based on his personnel

They were talking about this on a podcast, and to a certain extent I agree. Monday through Saturday, Garrett might be a top 5 coach. The way he can get the guys to buy into his message and believe in him is pretty impressive considering how unbelievably below average he is on game day. He’s far from a shitty coach, but average coaches need a better OC than scott fucking Linehan. I dont necessarily think Linehan is terrible either, just a bad fit with Dak. He’s stubborn to no end, and doesn’t make changes based on his personnel
Linehan was bad with Romo, too. Romo had to pretty much call the offense himself because he had no feel how to call a game. They love Dak because at this point in his career, he is not going to do what Romo did in changing all the plays as often as he did.

9 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Reminds me of the Romo to TWill throw against the Texans where Tony spins away from JJ and throws a dart to the back of the end zone. 

Seen here: 

We were sitting 40 yd line 6th row for this game. That was the most bad ass live play I have ever seen. 

I just don’t know if Zeke can maintain this kind of workload through his next contract. He’s somehow stayed healthy throughout his time here, and he’s clearly the vocal leader of this team, but man. That’s a tough one. Lately this team has done a good job of being smart, but this is going to be....interesting to say the least.

40 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I just don’t know if Zeke can maintain this kind of workload through his next contract. He’s somehow stayed healthy throughout his time here, and he’s clearly the vocal leader of this team, but man. That’s a tough one. Lately this team has done a good job of being smart, but this is going to be....interesting to say the least.

Once they made him the 4th overall pick they were locked in to giving him a second contact unless he sucked. Out of 3 seasons he's led the league in rushing twice and only missed the other because of a 6 game suspension from shit that did or did not happen before he ever took an NFL snap. 

He may never live up to the second contract but after sinking so much money into the offensive line and a number four pick into Zeke they have to take the chance and resign him

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'd like that if Richard gets HC.  And Richard is already the de facto DC.  He calls the plays, it's a matter of titles and money which can be rectified in the offseason.  But he's going to jump eventually, whether it's this season or next.

Agreed.  It'll be a nice consolation.

14 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

God that Morris Claiborne pick keeps looking worse and worse.

Yeah it does.  But every team will have a miss...and remember EVERYONE had Mo as the top DB, one of the better DB prospects in a long time some said, and the Cowboys desperately needed one.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Since he's the featured player of the offense I'd try to work his and Dak's deals at the same time. Offer Dak lower per year but make his deal fully guaranteed and offer Zeke the legitimate top 2 RB money.  You have to at this point because he's like 50 percent of the damn offense. 

Yeah, try to tie them together.  And you can't lose Zeke...BUT I do believe they need to spend a resource in getting a legit #2 RB to spell Zeke where the offense won't drop off much.  Extend Zeke's career and effectiveness that way.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol just saw a stat that said Seattle has won 6 straight wild card games. They’re due for an ass beating, right? Right?! Lol

Yes.

I hope.

Dak needs at least one 60+ yard TD pass tonight... preferably two. Like to see a four TD pass game for him. One to Zeke. One to Garwin the Marwin. One rushing TD, one for Zeke. That's 42pts. Very possible with a turnover or two. These guys gotta lay a "Longhorn" on the SeaFecals.
2 60+ yd TD passes in a playoff game? Yeah this isn't high school football.

52 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
Dak needs at least one 60+ yard TD pass tonight... preferably two. Like to see a four TD pass game for him. One to Zeke. One to Garwin the Marwin. One rushing TD, one for Zeke. That's 42pts. Very possible with a turnover or two. These guys gotta lay a "Longhorn" on the SeaFecals.

2 60+ yd TD passes in a playoff game? Yeah this isn't high school football.

He'll settle for 59. 

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Agreed.  It'll be a nice consolation.

Yeah it does.  But every team will have a miss...and remember EVERYONE had Mo as the top DB, one of the better DB prospects in a long time some said, and the Cowboys desperately needed one.

Yeah, try to tie them together.  And you can't lose Zeke...BUT I do believe they need to spend a resource in getting a legit #2 RB to spell Zeke where the offense won't drop off much.  Extend Zeke's career and effectiveness that way.

Yes.

I hope.

I never understood that view of him. It wasn't like Mo was an athletic marvel. He ran like a high 4.4 or 4.5 at the combine and didn't have other metrics that would have you thinking he was the next Deion or even as good as his runningmate at LSU (Patrick Peterson).  It was just another example of how, even the NFL, often overrates players simply because they played in the SEC.