Who are your top 3 realistic choices to replace Herman?

Beau Vine

40 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'll just be brutally honest, I hope Herman can get his shit together and make this thing work, don't think I can go through another new coach transition this soon.

Yes, I know some of you don't like Herman and think he never should have been hired, idgaf, and yes he is a prick, but so are at least 90% of the names I've seen thrown around as replacements. You pretty much have to be a prick to run a high profile D1 program successfully..

Not only that, but it's been proven that it's impossible to have sustained success when you keep changing HC's every 3 years and OC's every fucking season. To support such actions is to have an ADD brain mixed with a trailer park trash mindset.

• Like 1

Patterson is TCU's Bill Snyder.  He's going to get a statue and a street named after him for turning around a program that was complete shit for 4 decades into a national powerhouse.  

He has a statue.

Yup.  It would take a LOT for him to leave at this point - more than is probably realistic (it ain't just about the money).  He's also pushing 60.

Gil%20cov

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

I was unaware we were misers who can't spend north of $5 mil/year on a HC.

this mentality is exactly why we keep hiring unproven HCs from low-level P5s and then wondering why they underperform. Why the hell wouldn't we try to make him an offer he can't refuse at least?

I haven't read past your post. Tried to forget shag/surly for awhile.

I am close to a couple of well connected big money Frogs. Fatterson has investments that mature over time. His comp is well over the stated salary. He will not leave. He's not a dumbass. We can not money whip his ass. Lots of Fuck You money. Deals mofos. Big deals.

Take him out of the calculator. 

Carry on.

Hook'em 

39 minutes ago, ousux said:

Yes, I know some of you don't like Herman and think he never should have been hired, idgaf, and yes he is a prick, but so are at least 90% of the names I've seen thrown around as replacements. You pretty much have to be a prick to run a high profile D1 program successfully..

I used to be in this camp.  But now I’ve realized...the difference is that all 90% of those pricks you’re talking about have fucking won something.  When you get your ass handed to you by fucking Maryland 2 years in a row, and for all practical purposes, haven’t ever won shit, maybe look up the definition of humility in your Mensa studies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

I haven't read past your post. Tried to forget shag/surly for awhile.

I am close to a couple of well connected big money Frogs. Fatterson has investments that mature over time. His comp is well over the stated salary. He will not leave. He's not a dumbass. We can not money whip his ass. Lots of Fuck You money. Deals mofos. Big deals.

Take him out of the calculator. 

Carry on.

Hook'em 

Oh, and that fat sweaty fuck is 60% awesome coach and 40% a lucky mofo because we have sucked ass.

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

I was unaware we were misers who can't spend north of $5 mil/year on a HC.

this mentality is exactly why we keep hiring unproven HCs from low-level P5s and then wondering why they underperform. Why the hell wouldn't we try to make him an offer he can't refuse at least?

TCU is a low level P5

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

TCU is a low level P5

This ain’t 1985.  4 AP top-10 finishes since 2010. Dude can coach, the program is legit. 

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/college/tcu-has-more-top-finishes-than-all-other-texas-schools-combined-since-2010-season/Ry0hHHvr9hVNqopkY0LmdP/

Oh, and the last 4 years’ UT-TCU games too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

I could go for

Leach-HC

Kingsbury-OC

Orlando-DC

Orlando would probably take some serious money-whipping since Herman gave him his first big break to prove himself.

Leach has brought two afterthought programs to respectability and doesn't need a Mensa membership to prove his intelligence. CDC should be raising the money to fund Herman's buy out right now.

This thread was all about fun and games until you just posted something that made my dick go hard.

Leach would bring attitude to Texas, something we desperately need.

Leach/Kingsbury offense would look like the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Orlando would bring the much needed balance the two guys above have always lacked.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, F250 said:

This thread was all about fun and games until you just posted something that made my dick go hard.

Leach would bring attitude to Texas, something we desperately need.

Leach/Kingsbury offense would look like the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Orlando would bring the much needed balance the two guys above have always lacked.

Leach at Texas would be damn near perfect, which is why it can never be allowed to happen on this hellish ball of dirt.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

This ain’t 1985.  4 AP top-10 finishes since 2010. Dude can coach, the program is legit. 

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/college/tcu-has-more-top-finishes-than-all-other-texas-schools-combined-since-2010-season/Ry0hHHvr9hVNqopkY0LmdP/

Oh, and the last 4 years’ UT-TCU games too. 

TCU is on borrowed time at the snap of Texas finger they are back in the moutian west. In 2014 a 11-1 TCU gets jumped by OSU and get told to pound sand, had that been an 11-1 Texas team instead they go to the playoff. Patterson has TCU maxed out at the this point just but he is just a home town hero if he ever wants to be a legend with his name listed among the greats he will have to leave.

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Jesus. Who pissed in your corn flakes. I’ve gone to see coach p speak in fw a handful of times and it’s pretty obvious that he does not care for the university, Austin or Texas football. Of course money changes things, but he is already making a shit ton at tcu. There’s always more I guess. I don’t think he would take the job regardless. Unless it was full blown aggy money. 

Why not full blown aggy money? $7.5 million/yr to win vs. $5 million/yr to lose? Why is this so difficult? 

Our next coach should get a 5 year 100 million dollar contract where 2 to 4M is guaranteed the first 2 years (depending on who it is), 1 to 2M in years 3-5 and everything else is massive incentives (wins, conference title...which I would make the biggest incentive, National Title, academics, etc)

We truly want a hungry motherfucker tell him he will be the highest paid coach of all time by a mile....but he’s gotta win and no bullshit elsewhere like Art and Urban

Next round needs to be someone with some skins on the wall.  I'm done with this whole "had a couple pretty good years at a lower tier program so imagine what they can do at Texas because we're Texas and all of Texas' resources blah blah blah" bullshit.  We tried that...twice.  Apparently it doesn't fucking work.  Our program forgot what it's like to win and the players have nothing to buy into year after year.  "Hey guys, trust me...I won a lot of games at Houston" or "Hey guys, trust me...I won a lot of games at Louisville".  Yeah, that really blows my skirt up.  Has fuck all to do with the level we want to be at.  Minimum should be that they've at least been to a playoff or national championship game.  Short list I know, but fucking aggy was able to get one.  Fucking UCLA was able to get one.

2 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

In all seriousness, if we can’t money whip David Shaw or Chris Peterson into leaving Stanford/Washington, then what even are we. Money is our competitive advantage 

I have no issue going Jimbo Fisher style on a coach. It’s act of desperation but quite frankly, that’s where we are. 

The problem CDC is going to have is even the hard core fans are losing interest. I changed my plans for USC weekend and decided to go to the mountaina instead. Apathy towards Texas football set in with me.

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Harsin ... I guess.  I liked him as our OC, but he’s not really keeping Boise at the level they were at with Peterson.  I’d also look at NFL possibilities if we get down to this point on the list.

Peterson won 43 games and two conference titles in his last four years at Boise. Harsin has won 42 games and two conference titles in his first four years with the Broncos. 

Harsin is performing exactly where Peterson was at BSU. He’s not matching the success of the mid aughts, but neither was Peterson. 

Is the MWC harder than the WAC, did folks catch up to the offense or did the unernsuccesful coaching tree spread out after sustained success and neither were able to lure such talents back to Idaho? I dunno. 

38 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I have no issue going Jimbo Fisher style on a coach. It’s act of desperation but quite frankly, that’s where we are. 

The problem CDC is going to have is even the hard core fans are losing interest. I changed my plans for USC weekend and decided to go to the mountaina instead. Apathy towards Texas football set in with me.

Fisher went 23-1 with Famous Jameis and 60-22 without him. As with most but not all successful college coaches, it's about finding a stud QB and turning him loose. And people seem to be just giving him a pass for going 5-6 last year...Any port in a storm I guess.

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Fisher went 23-1 with Famous Jameis and 60-22 without him. As with most but not all successful college coaches, it's about finding a stud QB and turning him loose. And people seem to be just giving him a pass for going 5-6 last year...Any port in a storm I guess.

Recall your stud QB comment, and then recall what happened to FSU’s stud QB in their first game last year. There’s a reason 5-6 was overlooked. 

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

Recall your stud QB comment, and then recall what happened to FSU’s stud QB in their first game last year. There’s a reason 5-6 was overlooked. 

No healthy program goes from #3 to desperately trying to make a bowl game even losing a their quarterback. Jimbo is a less successful mack brown and 2017 was jimbos 2010

• Fuck You 1