Ohio State @ TCU at AT&T Stadium

Shmitty

Saturday 7pm on ABC.  

A Gary Patterson-coached team is never more dangerous then when they are playing with nothing to lose as big underdogs.  I think they've got a punchers chance in this game if they can limit tOSU's running game and contain Haskins and their passing game by keeping everything in front of them.  The only thing that gives me pause is TCU's offense.   I'm not sure if they will have much success against that Buckeye defense.   But who knows, with being the underdog, maybe they'll call more aggressive plays to attack that that buckeye defense? 

Should be a good one.  

3 minutes ago, Blanton said:

That should hopefully get the crowd on its goddamn feet and beat these cocksuckers after so many years of humiliation. 

It will, until they rattle off two or three unanswered TD's.  DKR crowds are just fine when the product on the field warrants enthusiasm.  Our enthusiasm is not unconditional.  We're not ags.  And I will boo the ever living hell out of a 3rd and 2 inside the 20 when we run a bubble screen or some crap like that and lose three yards or turn the ball over.  And if that gives our thin-skinned coach a case of the vapors, might we remind him his job is to execute.  He's not paid on what he knows.  Or what his intentions are.  His job is to perform and get others to perform.  For what he's being paid, that's not too much to ask.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

It will, until they rattle off two or three unanswered TD's.  DKR crowds are just fine when the product on the field warrants enthusiasm.  Our enthusiasm is not unconditional.  We're not ags.  And I will boo the ever living hell out of a 3rd and 2 inside the 20 when we run a bubble screen or some crap like that and lose three yards or turn the ball over.  And if that gives our thin-skinned coach a case of the vapors, might we remind him his job is to execute.  He's not paid on what he knows.  Or what his intentions are.  His job is to perform and get others to perform.  For what he's being paid, that's not too much to ask.

I agree. I also think if we can beat USC, we could get a crowd similar to 2012 West Virginia game that is engaged and brings some enthusiasm. 

Just now, alincoln said:

The key to the game is TCU's OL vs. OSU's DL.  OSU's DL is deep and loaded with NFL talent but their back-7, while also talented, is vulnerable.   

There will also be 50,000 Buckeye fans at the game.  

This will be a home game for the Buckeyes.

Just now, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I stand corrected. My mind has been on vacation the last week.

I still don't think TCU has the talent to keep up. tOSU has some dogs...

Agreed.  They appear to have a complete offense and their DL is outstanding.  TCU needs to win the TO battle in a big way.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blanton said:

TCU beating Ohio State would hopefully give us a Top 10 Horned Frogs team coming into Austin. 

That should hopefully get the crowd on its goddamn feet and beat these cocksuckers after so many years of humiliation. 

Charlie was Gary Patterson's bitch and if last year was any indication Tom Herman is going to fill that role as well.  Yes, yes it's been humiliating indeed......Texas has averaged just over 7PPG in the last 4 meetings with TCU.

TCU's defense, while typically salty against the run, is prone to getting beat on the deep ball.  The Jorts, from what I've read and the little Jort football I've flown by on the TeeVee, have a QB who is better at throwing it deep. I see the Jorts hitting two deep touchdown passes.  TCU also lost their best DT, which will hurt them against the run. 

The real key to the game will be the TCU QB Robinson.  Cumbie will run a few trick plays, but Robinson has to be nearly perfect for them to have a chance.  He won't be.  Jorts win, but Roach covers.

Jorts - 34

Roaches - 27

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Would love to see The Little Sisters of the Pour It On stomp the Buckeyes.

Damn, I had meant to put Little Sisters of the Poor in the thread title but forgot.   Any way to edit?

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

The key to the game is TCU's OL vs. OSU's DL.  OSU's DL is deep and loaded with NFL talent but their back-7, while also talented, is vulnerable.   

There will also be 50,000 Buckeye fans at the game.  

I highly doubt that.  there will be any more than 35,000 Buckeye fans tops  

There's nothing intimidating about Jerry World at all, for either side.  It's a homogenized spaceship with shitty parking, horrible lighting, overpriced food/beverages, and the world's most distracting jumbotron.  Even the frothing-at-the-mouth Ag's are ready to bail on the AR game there.  Such a beating.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

There's nothing intimidating about Jerry World at all, for either side.  It's a homogenized spaceship with shitty parking, horrible lighting, overpriced food/beverages, and the world's most distracting jumbotron.  Even the frothing-at-the-mouth Ag's are ready to bail on the AR game there.  Such a beating.  

It's an awesome place to watch the game if you are on the lower levels but on the 4th level, you might as well be an ADHD addled 6 year old in an arcade.  

Our best hope is for GP to throw some wrinkles into the defense that confuse the hell out of their young QB and lead to some turnovers.  We also need for Darius Anderson to have a good day running the ball so that we can play keep away.  Oregon State had a lot of success running the ball against the Buckeyes so hopefully we can too.   

Our best hope is for GP to throw some wrinkles into the defense that confuse the hell out of their young QB and lead to some turnovers.  We also need for Darius Anderson to have a good day running the ball so that we can play keep away.  Oregon State had a lot of success running the ball against the Buckeyes so hopefully we can too.   

Yeah Oregon State was right there with them For five minutes

I’m pulling for TCU, as hard as it is for me to say it. I don’t think there’s any way they keep it close though. OSU is actually good and not “maybe the second best team in the Big 12” good. But, I’d love to beat TCU the weekend after they pull of an upset.

Also fuck Jerryworld. I hate that place and everything it stands for. The day they move the Red River Shootout there is the day I break my lifelong streak of attendance. 

Edited by PatSolitanojr

Hell, I think TCU has a very good chance. As long as they don’t turn the ball over, or commit drive killing penalties. Or give up cheap scores.

I would even go so far as to say there is probably far more anxiety in the OSU locker room, then in TCU’s. The pressure is completely on OSU.

it would be mega awesome if it turns out to be a close game and Urb gets caught interacting with the team in some way.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

I’m pulling for TCU, as hard as it is for me to say it. I don’t think there’s any way they keep it close though. OSU is actually good and not “maybe the second best team in the Big 12” good. But, I’d love to beat TCU the weekend after they pull of an upset.

Also fuck Jerryworld. I hate that place and everything it stands for. The day they move the Red River Shootout there is the day I break my lifelong streak of attendance. 

Well, the Buckeyes haven't played anything close to a defense, only facing Oregon State & Rutgers so far, so there's that for rooting for the XII...

I'd bet the Over.

OSU will put up points. This is the first real defensive test they'll face but they've got a solid OL, a pair of 1,000 yd rushers at TB, and more than a handful of skilled WRs.

As has been mentioned, the DL is among the best in the nation but there's inexperience in the backfield. They gave up too many big plays to Oregon State to assume that TCU isn't going to make some of their own. (I haven't seen the Frogs play this year so I'm just making an assumption based on past teams.) Hopefully Baron Browning and Jeffrey Okudah will have big games playing back in their home State. I'm sure they'll have a lot of family there. Same with JK Dobbins on offense. 

On 9/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, El Diablo said:

There will be sweat. That's my prediction.

And student managers with towels.  GP is a fine coach but watching him pace and jitter and sweat all over the sideline kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Who would have ever believed Francione's replacement would still be there what, 18 years later?

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Won't be close.  Patterson is a great coach but he can't do much about the disparity in talent and athleticism at about every position.   And it's not that TCU doesn't have some players. OSU is just stacked.   Their best team since '14.  This is a 2-TD or more game.

I hope you're right but it won't surprise me if TCU covers. OSU has a history of starting out strong, covering the spread in the first game, and then not covering in game two against a good opponent. This year game two was against Rutgers so I'd say TCU fills the bill for that category. It's on the road, the rookie QB is probably going to see defensive alignments and blitzes he hasn't faced before, and Buckeye fans love to bet on their team so betting lines tend to be a little inflated in favor of their opponents. Maybe the correct line is closer to OSU -10. 

What happens if the Bucks face some adversity? How does rookie interim coach Ryan Day handle the situation if  he has to make a crucial decision that could decide the game?

I'm not thrilled about playing a neutral site game but in this case it probably favors the Buckeyes. I still think that sucks. They should do something to bring thousands of students from both schools to these games. Anything you do that deprives a student of a lasting memory hurts the future of the sport. 

3 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

And student managers with towels.  GP is a fine coach but watching him pace and jitter and sweat all over the sideline kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Who would have ever believed Francione's replacement would still be there what, 18 years later?

The manpig should be at Arky. jmho. He'd be a perfect fit - being a sweathog and all. He could do double duty as HC and mascot.