Superbowl Halftime - Maroon 5

Zavala

2 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

This will be the first SB halftime ever where I won't be able to name a single song by the "artists". 

Same. The old is hitting me hard. But judging from that video that band do suck much dick. 

Do the producers of the SB anticipate a lot of 13 year old girls to be watching? 'Cause that band sounds like what I imagine girls that age are listening to. 

• Haha 1

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a super bowl halftime show, who the fuck cares.  Half time is for taking a leak/shit and preparing more food and drinks while the wives ooh and aah over choreography and other shit you shouldn't care about.  Why is this even in the football forum?  Move it to wherever people post about Dancing with Dingbats

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a super bowl halftime show, who the fuck cares.  Half time is for taking a leak/shit and preparing more food and drinks while the wives ooh and aah over choreography and other shit you shouldn't care about.  Why is this even in the football forum?  Move it to wherever people post about Dancing with Dingbats

I don’t believe you.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched ole Tom Petty and Prince. Before that they had ZZ Top n sheeit. Last few years have been cringe. "Lady" gaga and justin timberlake with a Prince hologram?  Wtf.

It's in the football forum because its the halftime show during the big game in the no fun league. Its also hilariously bad how they have put this show on every year at halftime that appeals to well.. i dont know who likes or knows who marron 5 is.

14 minutes ago, mchookem said:

ha! my guilty pleasure. Adam Levine is sexy as hell.

That settles it. It's to keep the women from leaving at Halftime to watch the last half of the commercials.

Makes sense, marketing is aimed at women. They make like 70 percent of buying decisions.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

It’s in the footfall forum so we can bitch about the Super Bowl halftime show.  You’ve come to the right place.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

You sound like an insecure OU fan

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lol

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

that has to be the corniest video ever. everything down to the brides dad wondering WTF is going on

I feel pretty confident that any guy who took a first date as his +1 to one of the weddings in M5's "Sugar" video absolutely got laid that night.

I saw how the girls reacted to James Brown ("The Godfather of Soul", not the former UT QB) being introduced by the bride's father before he proceeded to play 4 songs. I went solo and ended up getting blotto before leaving a trail of vomit from the bar I last saw my friends and the apartment where I stayed about 2 miles away, so although the night was very memorable (along with the many trips to the bathroom to vomit the next morning/afternoon), I unfortunately did not get laid. But if I'd had a date, it would have been a sure thing. (No questions asked, no strings attached... a sure thing.)

As for M5 playing the halftime... again, whatever. The halftime is for going to the bathroom, texting friends in other parts of the country, getting something to eat, and getting another beverage before settling down for the second half.

Man, weird to think it's been 16 years since Maroon 5's first top 10 song..... 17 years when they'll play the SB.  Not like they just popped up or something.  The SB was running out of contemporary artists options a year or two.  I mean they had fucking Katy Perry for fuck's sake.  Maybe they'll bring out Christina and have her wiggle her ass for a bit.  Wait, is she fat or skinny now?  Anyways, this is pretty much like Coldplay.  Girls will want to watch....

Florida Georgia Line next SB, kids!!!

10 hours ago, Zavala said:

That settles it. It's to keep the women from leaving at Halftime to watch the last half of the commercials.

Makes sense, marketing is aimed at women. They make like 70 percent of buying decisions.

Totally agree with this.  Remember, the band was chosen by Roger Goodell's vagina.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Same. The old is hitting me hard. But judging from that video that band do suck much dick. 

Do the producers of the SB anticipate a lot of 13 year old girls to be watching? 'Cause that band sounds like what I imagine girls that age are listening to. 

Why would you two not know a Maroon 5 song, but know a Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, and Black Eyed Peas song.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why would you two not know a Maroon 5 song, but know a Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, and Black Eyed Peas song.

I'll have to blame my coworkers for not exposing me to the wonder that is Maroon 5. They must not be popular with the women that have kids between the ages of 2 and 15. Poor bastards.

14 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I have a 13 year old daughter. She thinks Maroon 5 is old people music. 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Loops and autotunes really killed modern music. The indie and live music scene is still awesome, I guess it just doesn't have enough money to push them into a Pepsi halftime commercial or whatever.