Avengers: Infinity War

BYG Jacob

I think I read the other day it’s going to be heavy Captain America. Def a blaze of glory for some of the OGs (except Thor because $$$$$$$$)

I think Thor: Ragnarok made everyone look at Thor completely different and reinvigorated him. Not just $ but also it was such a great fresh take going away from the Uber-dark wow is me but I’m a moody god, now they let him have some fun make some good jokes and introduced some fun Revengers!

That was my point. Thor: Ragnarok completed reinvigorated the Thor franchise. 

Thor, BP, GoTG and Spiderman are basically the new versions of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor (pre-Ragnarok).  They will be resurrected at the expense of Iron Man, Cap and probably possibly Bruce/Hulk and Hawkeye (who will begin his change into Ronin).

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

That was my point. Thor: Ragnarok completed reinvigorated the Thor franchise. 

Thor, BP, GoTG and Spiderman are basically the new versions of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor (pre-Ragnarok).  They will be resurrected at the expense of Iron Man, Cap and probably possibly Bruce/Hulk and Hawkeye (who will begin his change into Ronin).

not only that, but him going full on THOR in infinity war was pretty badass as well

On 7/30/2018 at 2:34 PM, utee94 said:

IM is still my favorite as well, but IW was great and is right up there, for me.  

My kids (8 and 10) loved it right up until the dusting.  I spent quite a bit of time explaining to them that there's another one and it will take care of at least some of that.

Come on now. Don't spoil your kids.

In the comics, the speakers for Lady Death explicitly call out the need to kill half the universe, as She sees that Life is out of balance with Death.  It's also a recurring theme that gets justified again during the Annihilation War & when the rift releases the Cancerverse into ours.
Thanos was also in love with Lady Death and wanted to impress her by causing lots of death.

On 8/3/2018 at 6:14 AM, Js1 said:

I think I read the other day it’s going to be heavy Captain America. Def a blaze of glory for some of the OGs (except Thor because $$$$$$$$)

It's going to be heavy all the OG's except for BW.  The big 3 contract's are up and none of them have been approached about a new contract.  Johannson has more movies and there's been talk about a stand alone for BW.  Renner has a movie or two left on is deal but nobody really wants to see a Hawkeye movie.  Ruffalo's contract has been reported differently, but most think he has a couple of more movies in the tank.  But RDj, Evans, and Hemsworth are all scheduled to be gone after A4 and Feige has talked about a finality around it and a distinct difference after the movie, so while there may be a place for supporting folks like Falcon, Winter Soldier, or War Machine with cameo's, A4 will inform a lot about the next "phase".  Hemsworth may be the easiest (and cheapest) to keep.  He likes the character, is the youngest and his character is a God.  Hard to kill him off although the comics do a meek effort.  He also doesn't have a big hit outside of the MCU so his career may need it the most.  

I would expect a lot of Cap, Ironman, and Thor in this last one (with some Hulk and Hawkeye)...... baton passing in the final scenes after resolution.  I think a lot of folks think it'll be Cap heavy because he's been the easiest to kill off in the comics and we never got his death like in CW (which folks think is being saved for A4).  It'll be an interesting time for Marvel, those characters, especially Ironman has bought a lot of goodwill capital and while Black Panther looks like an easy trilogy to build on, Doc Strange was considered an okay outing and GotG is only scheduled as a trilogy and has creative issues now.  Spider-man is always a valuable property but Captain Marvel is sort of big.  People will go to see it, that's not the issue, but will it be more like Ant-man/Wasp territory (400-500m global with a sequel which did worse) or Black Panther territory?  Will any of the characters/actors have a following like RDJ and can any of new characters have outstanding creative outings like Winter Soldier (which re-invigorated a bland Captain Americ) or Ragnarok (same for Thor) or of course the original IM.  In some ways, A4 may represent the pinnacle of Marvel for the next decade..... yet a launching pad for a 2nd act which will be more lucrative, but possibly not as interesting.

I just watched this over the weekend and loved it. The GoG scenes were hilarious and I liked how they intereacted with Thor. I've never liked the Thor films, I watched the 1st one and skipped the rest. After this latest Avengers film, I went back to watch Thor 3 and it was fantastic as well. I was really losing interest in the marvel films but I almost feel invigorated about them now.

Killing half of earth's population would only set our clock back about 40 years....so 3.8 Billion dead would put us at 1975 density...

V1vsZPI.jpg?1

Maybe other planets don't reproduce as fast?  Otherwise, killing half the population is a relatively short-term fix.  He needed to kill 95% of the population to really buy the universe some time.

jHnsS0H.jpg?1

Edited by Monster

51 minutes ago, Monster said:

Killing half of earth's population would only set our clock back about 40 years....so 3.8 Billion dead would put us at 1975 density...

V1vsZPI.jpg?1

Maybe other planets don't reproduce as fast?  Otherwise, killing half the population is a relatively short-term fix.  He needed to kill 95% of the population to really buy the universe some time.

jHnsS0H.jpg?1

"When I’m done, half of humanity will still exist. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I hope they remember you."

58 minutes ago, Monster said:

V1vsZPI.jpg?1

jHnsS0H.jpg?1

Thanos is just trying to get laid.  

Pedestal, etc.

They managed to hold off the over-packed, bloated feel for much longer than I would've thought possible, so I commend the execs who are overseeing this whole franchise for that.

Captain America Civil War reached that point, and this movie pushed it over the edge. Too much bullshit going on, can't possibly care about it all. Movie ended, even with that particular ending which I thought was very cool, and I just didn't really have an opinion on the whole thing. Just felt 'meh'.

Props to Brolin who killed that role, and I'll check out the next one for thew sake of seeing it,  but my superhero fatigue has taken the joy out of it.

Yup, watched it against last night and like it even better the second time through. Had just re-watched Thor Ragnorak over the weekend and the way the Guardians and Thor interacted was just fantastic.  Thor's scene with Rocket, talking about how almost everyone Thor knows and cares about is recently deceased, was cinematic beauty.

Thor  beat thanos if it wasn't for the time stone at the end or did the snap erase the fact a axe was in his chest?

Also, I know a lot of people love Cap but it gets on my nerves because Thanos if he wanted too could pick Cap up and kill him right? Thanos is from another world and Cap is basically filled up with a juiced up steroid.

Also with A4 couldn't Thanos erase everything constantly with the Time Stone? 

After I saw in the theatres I didn't have time to ask questions as I was only able to see it once, got the dvd and have watched 4 times and I now I have a shit load of questions. Movie was fucking glorious. The way they tie in everything over the years from the original IM till now is just genius. 

Forgot my Cap part...

I still take it as Thanos is a Titan, he could obviously kill everyone. He didn’t need an army but it is part of his warped mind.

Even with hulk, he gauges his power and then used enough force to knock him out. Same with Loki, Thor, the GotG team, iron man, Dr. Strange etc. he exerts just enough force to incapacitate whomever he is fighting or he uses the stones to stop them. Now the children on Thanos are different they use any means necessary to avoid failing Thanos.

When Thanos attempted to swat a supposed normal human in Cap, it caught him by surprise that Cap stopped his hand and Thanos then simply flexed his muscle and smacked Cap unconscious.

To get to Vision Thanos coulda wiped out Scarlett witch, even after she destroys the stone he could have killed her again, instead he rewinds time, sympathizes with her and takes the stone.

He’s not a villain that is completely evil, it’s just his plan for equality and survival is cold and harsh and just the right amount of power he believes to be enough.

• Like 2

Forgot my Cap part...

I still take it as Thanos is a Titan, he could obviously kill everyone. He didn’t need an army but it is part of his warped mind.

Even with hulk, he gauges his power and then used enough force to knock him out. Same with Loki, Thor, the GotG team, iron man, Dr. Strange etc. he exerts just enough force to incapacitate whomever he is fighting or he uses the stones to stop them. Now the children on Thanos are different they use any means necessary to avoid failing Thanos.

When Thanos attempted to swat a supposed normal human in Cap, it caught him by surprise that Cap stopped his hand and Thanos then simply flexed his muscle and smacked Cap unconscious.

To get to Vision Thanos coulda wiped out Scarlett witch, even after she destroys the stone he could have killed her again, instead he rewinds time, sympathizes with her and takes the stone.

He’s not a villain that is completely evil, it’s just his plan for equality and survival is cold and harsh and just the right amount of power he believes to be enough.

That's deep man. And I mostly agree. Did he even truly kill anyone besides Gamora?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Thor  beat thanos if it wasn't for the time stone at the end or did the snap erase the fact a axe was in his chest?

Also, I know a lot of people love Cap but it gets on my nerves because Thanos if he wanted too could pick Cap up and kill him right? Thanos is from another world and Cap is basically filled up with a juiced up steroid.

Also with A4 couldn't Thanos erase everything constantly with the Time Stone? 

After I saw in the theatres I didn't have time to ask questions as I was only able to see it once, got the dvd and have watched 4 times and I now I have a shit load of questions. Movie was fucking glorious. The way they tie in everything over the years from the original IM till now is just genius. 

Watch it with the commentary on. Lots of cool info in there

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I need some help with the power structure. 

Thanos is a Titan. Can he die? 

Thor is a god. Can he die? 

Starlord is half God. Can he die? 

The rest of the superheroes are run of the mill and can definitely die. Is that right? Or is Loki part God too? 

Yes they can all die

27 minutes ago, ballrific said:

I think Loki is part frost giant? Not sure

He’s all Frost Giant

I loved how powerful they finally made Thor, I wish the would do some epic thor vs thanos battle in A4. But since he has all the stones i'm intrigued on how they will beat him to reverse what he has done. I'm assuming they have to get the gauntlet off his hand first or maybe ant man shows up being small and undetected can pry them off? FUCK I wish it was april and A4 was out.

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Just saw this on a plane. Not sure why everyone is loving the Thanos character (maybe it’s prior knowledge of his character), but I wasn’t sold on his relationship with the girl Gomora or that it was hard for him to kill her to get the soul stone. The movie in a stand-alone didn’t do a good job of making Thanos more than one dimensional for me, but again maybe that’s because I’ve never read a comic or read up on the MCU and there is a fair amount of baked-in character you are already supposed to know and believe in.

Have you not watched any of the prior movies? That’s the only way this one can’t make sense to you 

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Just saw this on a plane. Not sure why everyone is loving the Thanos character (maybe it’s prior knowledge of his character), but I wasn’t sold on his relationship with the girl Gomora or that it was hard for him to kill her to get the soul stone. The movie in a stand-alone didn’t do a good job of making Thanos more than one dimensional for me, but again maybe that’s because I’ve never read a comic or read up on the MCU and there is a fair amount of baked-in character you are already supposed to know and believe in.

You’ve been on a fantastic roll lately of “I don’t know much about X, but here’s all my opinions about it.”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I’m pretty sure the entire point of IW is that every movie dating back to the original iron man all has a role in bits and pieces that all put together makes everything make sense.

thanos was in GotG for the first time I believe. I could be wrong though. 

I don’t think it’s supposed to be watched as a stand alone? 

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Right, immortal but Gods and Titans CAN be killed.

Hela was a god but she was killed during ragnarok of Asgard.

Immortal means they cannot die of normal means(old age, sickness etc) but they can choose to die or be killed by great means.

I guess I get confused by what can kill them. It’s always pretty subjective. I guess that’s the point. 

No, as usual you wander into a thread on a subject you know next to nothing about and make moronic statements. 

And very much this:

You’ve been on a fantastic roll lately of “I don’t know much about X, but here’s all my opinions about it.”

And if everyone from critics to most fans finds Thanos more than the one dimensional character you find him to be, perhaps you are the issue. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I need some help with the power structure. 

Thanos is a Titan. Can he die? 

Thor is a god. Can he die? 

Starlord is half God. Can he die? 

The rest of the superheroes are run of the mill and can definitely die. Is that right? Or is Loki part God too? 

Thanos can die.  But the only one who has been able to defeat and kill Thanos are himself and Lady Death.  

Thor is a god but can be killed or die.  He will return though as Gods of Asgard recycle and are reborn.

Starlord can die.  He's terran right now as he's lost his Celestial powers but he can probably re-activate them.  We don't know the extent of Peter's powers so how his Celestial powers may manifest themselves make it hard to understand what he can and can't do.