Adding to the pit bull argument

Beau Vine

50 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I got bit by a black lab.  Still have a scar on my palm.  Was trying to break up a spat between my dalmation and my sister’s lab over a chew toy.  Bad idea.  It didn’t latch on and try to kill me though.  Looked kinda guilty afterwards.   His name was Levar. 

Kind of racist?

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

Shit happens. They're animals. We can never know what completely goes through their minds. 

Any dog can bite.   It’s pits that kill

can anyone post a picture of a lab in a tutu?  That’ll settle this debate

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Kind of racist?

Any dog can bite.   It’s pits that kill

can anyone post a picture of a lab in a tutu?  That’ll settle this debate

I’m not sure there’s any debate on the topic any more. I’ve had labs and goldens my whole life. Labs can definitely be grumpier and much more territorial. They’re better bird dogs. I’ve seen a lot of great dogs from both breeds. Labs  tend to be more focused and serious which makes them better in the field. Both have bounds of energy. Goldens are so energetic particularly as puppies and I can see why some might think they’re neurotic. I’ve never seen one aggressive. I’ve seen some puppies do puppy shit and would never have a baby or toddler unattended with a golden pup. 

8 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not sure there’s any debate on the topic any more. I’ve had labs and goldens my whole life. Labs can definitely be grumpier and much more territorial. They’re better bird dogs. I’ve seen a lot of great dogs from both breeds. Labs  tend to be more focused and serious which makes them better in the field. Both have bounds of energy. Goldens are so energetic particularly as puppies and I can see why some might think they’re neurotic. I’ve never seen one aggressive. I’ve seen some puppies do puppy shit and would never have a baby or toddler unattended with a golden pup. 

I’m not saying this is normal but there’s a pic floating out there of 8 week old pits eating their litter mates that they apparently killed. 

Been listening to this podcast episode about pits from these ultra scrupulous reporters and the gist so far is that, atleast, the ‘american bully’ are unfairly maligned because activists and public just blindly/carelessly lump all breeds of pits together. 

Im guilty of the same because i have this prejudice that any mean-looking dog (thats clearly not french- or english- ) are all the same babykillers “pits”

https://www.blockedandreported.org/p/episode-183-american-bully-x#details

It's just another tactic that the apologists try to use. 

"well that's not technically a pitbull that killed that toddler" 

We see the same types of arguments from gun people

"well those kids were killed with an xxxxx, which technically isn't an xxxxx" - as if the parents of the dead children give a fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I had a neighbor once who told me she didn't appreciate that I had a dangerous pit bull that I walked through the neighborhood. I guess I probably should have put her down. 

(Those damn heeler mixes are a threat)

Screenshot_20230928_182308_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

"well those kids were killed with an xxxxx, which technically isn't an xxxxx" - as if the parents of the dead children give a fuck. 

These aren’t tactics.  They’re the ramblings of stupid, trash bully people. They are too stupid to procreate and they should all be mauled to death by the tigers that they own. 

On 9/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, NorthLoop said:

Then why do these parents give a fuck about dogs that had nothing to do with their children, except a superficial resemblance?

On 9/29/2023 at 11:18 AM, Porterhouse said:

These aren’t tactics.  They’re the ramblings of stupid, trash bully people. They are too stupid to procreate and they should all be mauled to death by the tigers that they own. 

"Why did you shoot the perp, officer?"

"He looked black."

On 9/27/2023 at 8:40 AM, MissingInAction said:

I'm neutral on the pit argument. I've had dogs my entire life and their environment always shapes them for good or bad.

That being said, Luna is my first GSD, and there are aspects of her personality I did not train into her. They are natural guard dogs, and I truly hope no one is ever stupid/crazy enough to try and hurt me in her presence.

A dog tried to hump her once. She gave it a couple warnings,  but he wouldn't give up. Her response was quick and terrifying. No blood was drawn.  She flipped him, put her jaws around his throat, only to let him go once he pissed himself and stopped moving. Then she sniffed every inch of his body like a bear, took a piss by his head, and kicked dirt all over him.

😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Nope. I just think that all you morons who think "it looks like a pit to me" are fucking ridiculous.

K. Not sure who you’re talking about. But as a practical matter, I’m not interested whatsoever in being proficient in identifying a trash breed. I’m interested in staying the fuck away from anything that resembles those gargoyles. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

K. Not sure who you’re talking about. But as a practical matter, I’m not interested whatsoever in being proficient in identifying a trash breed. I’m interested in staying the fuck away from anything that resembles those gargoyles. 

As I've said before, I've had dogs who people identified as pit bulls that had zero bully breed in them. 

But yout lack of proficiency means they all should have been put down. Since you may identify them as a trash breed. 

Just now, Deej said:

As I've said before, I've had dogs who people identified as pit bulls that had zero bully breed in them. 

But yout lack of proficiency means they all should have been put down. Since you may identify them as a trash breed. 

image.gif.9f0d7d7303c18dd439b6dd6a9056fb3c.gif

Just now, Deej said:

If you did, I'd have to put you down. Trash breed. 

I’m sorry some people that weren’t me offended your dogs. Maybe get a Golden. 

Oh wait, they’re violent. 

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You are absolutely a pit supporter. 

Keep telling yourself that. 

I have a problem with dumbasses who like to assume any dog they may resemble a pit is a fucking pit.

What if I think you resemble a kid diddler? I guess that makes you a kid diddler. 

Wow
Chihuahuas are assholes and will go after anyone even if they were invited. As a delivery driver who encounters a lot of loose dogs - and some leashed in the front with reach to the door - it's the chihuahuas that will sneak up behind you to bite you. But they'll run off if you confront them, yapping the entire time.

Had some cowdogs, lab mixes, etc be aggressive and act like they might bite but didn't. Usually growl and bark as you move towards the house then are fine as you go back to the car. But I keep the package between us just in case.

Only had one - a pit - that was chained up in the front that I decided not to tempt fate and just left it on the car in the driveway. Super aggressive and I didn't want to provoke her more and worry about that chain coming loose.

Plenty that were behind fences or gates that would've killed me if they could've gotten to me. Had a German Shepherd the other day that was trying to chew through a metal mesh fence to get to me.

Had many different breeds and sizes test the glass integrity of front windows.

And nothing gets the heart beating like bending down to put a package by the door when the THUMP of a huge dog hitting the other side at full force and no prior barking scares the shit out of you.

Had one cat try to attack me. One peacock walked around the side of my vehicle and suddenly appeared right by my knee and made me jump. A buffalo refused to move out of the middle of a long driveway and I just went back out and left it at the gate. And once I walked up to a country house to leave a package, turned around and a horse was standing at the bottom of the steps. Never saw or heard it until then.

Another driver was delivering in the early morning dark a couple months ago and opened a gate to a yard to leave a package at the front door and was attacked by a dog - a pit mix - and had to get 22 stitches to his arm and leg. No "Beware of Dog" sign and the dog didn't bark first. I don't even bother going into fenced yards in the dark anymore, and sometimes not in the daytime either.

52 minutes ago, Deej said:

I have a problem with dumbasses who like to assume any dog they may resemble a pit is a fucking pit.

What if I think you resemble a kid diddler? I guess that makes you a kid diddler. 

Awful effort.  You’re a pit apologist.  Do you deny that?

don’t provoke pibbles in a tutu.  Oh I mean American stafforshire terrier:

image.thumb.jpeg.cda38960301c9ea876e77a05381a32e7.jpeg

Edited by closetohumping

21 hours ago, Modessit said:

Chihuahuas are assholes and will go after anyone even if they were invited. As a delivery driver who encounters a lot of loose dogs - and some leashed in the front with reach to the door - it's the chihuahuas that will sneak up behind you to bite you. But they'll run off if you confront them, yapping the entire time.

Had some cowdogs, lab mixes, etc be aggressive and act like they might bite but didn't. Usually growl and bark as you move towards the house then are fine as you go back to the car. But I keep the package between us just in case.

Only had one - a pit - that was chained up in the front that I decided not to tempt fate and just left it on the car in the driveway. Super aggressive and I didn't want to provoke her more and worry about that chain coming loose.

Plenty that were behind fences or gates that would've killed me if they could've gotten to me. Had a German Shepherd the other day that was trying to chew through a metal mesh fence to get to me.

Had many different breeds and sizes test the glass integrity of front windows.

And nothing gets the heart beating like bending down to put a package by the door when the THUMP of a huge dog hitting the other side at full force and no prior barking scares the shit out of you.

Had one cat try to attack me. One peacock walked around the side of my vehicle and suddenly appeared right by my knee and made me jump. A buffalo refused to move out of the middle of a long driveway and I just went back out and left it at the gate. And once I walked up to a country house to leave a package, turned around and a horse was standing at the bottom of the steps. Never saw or heard it until then.

Another driver was delivering in the early morning dark a couple months ago and opened a gate to a yard to leave a package at the front door and was attacked by a dog - a pit mix - and had to get 22 stitches to his arm and leg. No "Beware of Dog" sign and the dog didn't bark first. I don't even bother going into fenced yards in the dark anymore, and sometimes not in the daytime either.

I read buffalo as water buffalo and was wondering where the F is this dude delivering packages.

21 hours ago, Deej said:

When I was a kid, I had a Rhodesian ridgeback/Catahoula mix that every dipshit in my neighborhood claimed was a "pit". My best friend has a pure black lab that he gets "pit" comments about all the time. People are fucking stupid about them, for sure.

22 hours ago, Deej said:

I usually love your takes, this one strikes me as emotional. I get it but… 

If a group of humans were bred to be kid diddlers and generation after generation they were selectively bred to be the most effective diddlers… eventually, they’d have a specific set of traits that made them easy to identify. Maybe they’d look like peewee Herman, maybe not, I don’t know. Let’s say they were released into society, adopted, and had kids of their own with non-diddlers. Would you still be able to identify diddlers or at the very least, be cautious of those that looked like diddlers?

Bro we talm bout dogs that got selectively bred to kill bulls, dogs, and other animals. They’re visually identifiable. We’re not talking about people that have chosen their mates. If your dog looks like a pit, I’ve got bad news for you.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

When I was a kid, I had a Rhodesian ridgeback/Catahoula mix that every dipshit in my neighborhood claimed was a "pit". My best friend has a pure black lab that he gets "pit" comments about all the time. People are fucking stupid about them, for sure.

Black labs don’t look anything like pits. Cool straw men though. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Deej said:

I don’t. I’m a hot piece. But if I did, then you should get your kids away from me. Just as I will get my kids away from any dog that resembles a pit.

Lol that I’m gonna stop and think what would Deej from Surly think!

• 1 month later...

https://www.kxan.com/news/you-can-hear-the-snapping-doorbell-camera-captures-dog-attacking-mother-and-toddler/

“The dog actually broke the door hinges off of the frame of the door,” Wright-Haywood said. “Me and the kids were putting all our body weight on the door to hold the door close to keep the dog out while I’m calling police and EMS to come.”

Spoiler

dog.jpg?resize=720,1280

• Rage+1 2

• 4 weeks later...

Getting laid and your dog attacks you.

An American XL Bully attacked its owner as he was having sex, a court heard.

The two-year-old dog named Hank bit Scott Thurston, 32, at his home in Glanaman, Carmarthenshire, on 2 August.

Llanelli Magistrates heard his partner Leanne Bell called police to Jones Terrace in the early hours of the morning.

An order was made that the dog be destroyed, however, it will not be for at least 28 days pending any possible appeals.

Body cam footage shot by officers showed them arriving at the property, and Mr Thurston can be heard trying to muzzle the dog in the garden.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-67793696

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Some mofo with a red nose mix dog just let a leash slip and and it went afree our little guy. Luckily I had the harness on him and was able to lift him up to get him away, the fucking thing bit my leg. Photo of my threatening creature below.  

I told the guy to get his fucking pit bull out of the neighborhood. “It’s not a pit, it’s a mix! He never does this.”

image.thumb.jpeg.945963493756ac034ccef48873b6c853.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Two days ago, in Vegas, I saw some dumb broad walking a pit bull (possible mix) through the airport.  It attacked a couple of people.  Who in the actual fuck would walk a pit bull through an airport?  

You think he walks to gigs?

pop-singer-pitbull-and-an-entourage-of-girls-land-at-glasgow-airport-to-support-britney-spears-at-the-hydro-featuring-pitbull-where-paisley-united-kingdom-when-22-aug-2018-credit-euan-cherrywenn-PNY20B.jpg

• Like 1

Two days ago, in Vegas, I saw some dumb broad walking a pit bull (possible mix) through the airport.  It attacked a couple of people.  Who in the actual fuck would walk a pit bull through an airport?  

That businesses allow this shit is the most infuriating part. Also more evidence that cat owners are better than dog people.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Some mofo with a red nose mix dog just let a leash slip and and it went afree our little guy. Luckily I had the harness on him and was able to lift him up to get him away, the fucking thing bit my leg. Photo of my threatening creature below.  

I told the guy to get his fucking pit bull out of the neighborhood. “It’s not a pit, it’s a mix! He never does this.”

You should report it to the local animal control or the police. That doesn't mean you are pressing criminal charges, but you are creating a record of the incident. If you later file a dog bite lawsuit or pursue an insurance settlement, this record will be essential. And make him provide vaccination documents (for rabies).

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Just to clarify as I was a tad toasty when I typed this.  The dog didn't actually get to the folks it wanted to eat.  It was leashed and lunged at a couple of people.  It then took the owner and a couple of other family members to hold the dog down as it continued to try to get at its targets.  Just an unexpected thing (for me)to see in an airport as I'd never walk a dog through an airport - pitbull or not.