Gottdam USPS

Armybrat

On Tuesday I paid $24 to overnight an important claim documentation packet to my insurance company in Richmond, VA. - signature required - for delivery by Noon on Wednesday.

Tracking says it didn't reach the Richmond PO until 8am yesterday (Thursday), and as of right now there is no further activity on the notifications. WTF is up with that? Might as well have sent it regular 1st class mail, or via the Round Rock PO mule.

Incompetent assholes.

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

On Tuesday I paid $24 to overnight an important claim documentation packet to my insurance company in Richmond, VA. - signature required - for delivery by Noon on Wednesday.

Tracking says it didn't reach the Richmond PO until 8am yesterday (Thursday), and as of right now there is no further activity on the notifications. WTF is up with that? Might as well have sent it regular 1st class mail, or via the Round Rock PO mule.

Incompetent assholes.

I will say it again, I have been fucked on important stuff by Fedex many more times than USPS and I have probably filed 500 patent applications by USPS Express Mail and been in position to know of fuckups with probably 2000 more.  Is Express Mail what you used?

Also, it can be varied by contract, but most legal things like claims, etc. are governed by date of deposit, postage paid, with mail or courier, rather than date of receipt ("mailbox rule").

Edited by TwiceHorn

At least you should be able to get a full refund on your $24 for overnight.  I shipped a letter to the IRS using USPS $6.something 2-3 day priority, took 8-days to get there.  Postal clerk said, "Oh well, there's no guarantee other than for the overnight rate."  "So paying $6 extra just gets me a delivery lotto ticket?"  "Basically, yes."

Those morons keep misrouting some packages for our PO Box to a post office on the other side of town.  Different zip code, nothing similar in the addresses that might be chalked up to transposition, it's just pure incompetence.  No tears from me if they ever get privatized.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Complete bullshit, if it rains where I live, forget it, ain't getting your mail that day, might not get it all.

32 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Brat, did you take it to the post office or to a mom and pop place?

Took it to the main post office in Round Rock & mailed it Priority Express.. Mom & pop contract places can't do priority express according to the one closest to me.

Apparently the packet has been sitting somewhere in the Richmond, Virginia postal distribution center as of 8am yesterday and hasn't been scanned since.

Went back to the RR post office a little while ago and the clerk said I can't get a refund until the packet is scanned as "delivered". fml.

Edited by Armybrat

4 hours ago, next2naus said:

Your fault for using the USPS, should have used UPS or FedEx. You get what you pay for.

Wife subscribes to a wine.. uh.. subscription. We get two bottles of wine every two weeks. Usually they are left on the front porch when we get home. I'm home one day during the week, and FedEx gal drives up, hands me the box, and asks me to sign for it.

I ask her why I  have to sign for it, she says because its alcohol. I ask her who has been signing for it the previous six months when nobody has been home during the day. She says she just forges a signature when nobody's home.

56 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, that’s bullshit.  If you pay for 2-day delivery you should automatically get the refund on day three.

that is actually a standard response that the USPS has been giving since the day they came up with the original priority mail  price of $2.95 2 OR 3 day delivery, something like 20 years ago.

I had a package that didnt arrive for 2 full weeks. I formally complained to the postal superintendent and got a nice letter back that confirmed that the priority mail 2-3 day shit isnt guaranteed, isnt confirmed, and if it arrives 2 weeks late, they are sorry and will do better next time. 

that was 20 years ago.  and they are still giving the same shit answer years later. 

Got a notification from the insurance company that they received my overnight packet this afternoon (two days late).
 We have not received any USPS notification that it was delivered today, even though I had signed up for the email alert service. Bastards!

On 10/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Wife subscribes to a wine.. uh.. subscription. We get two bottles of wine every two weeks. Usually they are left on the front porch when we get home. I'm home one day during the week, and FedEx gal drives up, hands me the box, and asks me to sign for it.

I ask her why I  have to sign for it, she says because its alcohol. I ask her who has been signing for it the previous six months when nobody has been home during the day. She says she just forges a signature when nobody's home.

That's the gift that keeps on givin' the whole year.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Oh, OK. As long as we have a voucher, Mrs. Nussbaum. 

• Like 1

Update: took our paperwork in to the RR post office to get the “ guaranteed “ refund since they delivered the packet a day late.

The clerk entered all the info in her computer, but the damn thing wouldn’t recognize their own code numbers. So she will “ call me” when they get their computer problem fixed. L- fookin’- O- L

• Like 1