Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

I mean I guess? He had a guy deep in single coverage. 
It is absolutely stupid to call for a deep pass play deep in your own territory, up 13, when your backup QB is in and has played the worst game of his life and you have a massive matchup advantage in the ground game. I'm not defending Buchele but it was a dumb call.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

are announcers forced to talk about westlake/lake travis during texas games similar to how announcers are forced to bring up gene's stadium artwork during cowboys games? shit is annoying. 

I think it's the new "roommates" talking point. That and brewer's parents, who I suspect, might also be roommates.

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Oh yeah, forgot. Now everyone is going to blame the playcalling instead of the shit quarterback. 

I guarantee that those playcalls aren't designed for the QB to throw deep every time. Shane is playing Madden in real fucking life and he may cost us the damn game.

But yes, let's blame everyone else except the guy who is not good at his own job.

If only there were some type of play we could call that would keep Shane from choosing the deep read...

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

It is absolutely stupid to call for a deep pass play deep in your own territory, up 13, when your backup QB is in and has played the worst game of his life and you have a massive matchup advantage in the ground game. I'm not defending Buchele but it was a dumb call.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

what fucking massive matchup advantage in the ground game?