David Beaty out at Kansas after the season

BigOrange1

38 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wait.....  two things.....

1) People actually think Gundy will leave his alma mater to coach the shittiest program in the same conference said alma mater has been a member of literally his entire life?

2) Les Miles is openly gay?

1) I certainly don’t. 

2) mullet is joking because Kathy Miles, well...

etick_lemiles_12_290.jpg

Also, Les Miles is a coach who went from a P5 (Okie State) to a P5 (LSU). Mack Brown did also. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

1) I certainly don’t. 

etick_lemiles_12_290.jpg

Also, Les Miles is a coach who went from a P5 (Okie State) to a P5 (LSU). Mack Brown did also. 

Les Miles married a lesbian?

I can’t keep up with this shit.  Just keep sucking, Kansas.

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Tighten your buttholes, Mean Green...

No way Littrell would take Kansas job... he's done well and doesn't have to take a career ending position, plus Kansas can't afford an up and comer, they need a name brand that can kickstart recruiting. They have a ton of scholarships to fill.  I still say Miles, but if not need a name like a Kiffin (also would not take it...)

58 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

1) People actually think Gundy will leave his alma mater to coach the shittiest program in the same conference said alma mater has been a member of literally his entire life?

have you seen his significant other?

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

1.  People who think Gundy is leaving OSU to go anywhere except the morgue are crazy.

2.  I'll see if I can find a photo of his SO and you tell me.

(45 minutes late with my spicy response).

Edited by Bullneck

Don't forget for much less money I would assume.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

1) I certainly don’t. 

etick_lemiles_12_290.jpg

as did one Nick Saban.  the question is who downgraded while going from P5 to P5 without being fired first. 

2 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Ah the good ol days, when KU whipping ISU 28-7 at half was a foregone conclusion.  Hell, there's 25k fans in this picture alone.

I remember watching that game on an analog TV in the living room of my Ames rental house.  My brother was sitting in a stolen shopping cart in the foyer sucking $35/keg Leine’s Sunset Wheat straight out the tapper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/11/13909674/rena-khator-fired-coaches-8-and-4-major-applewhite

"The winning is defined at University of Houston as 10 and 2," she told faculty and staff at the annual holiday party at her home. "We'll fire coaches at 8 and 4.”

so that leaves open "nine wins", but again going into year 3 of a 5 year contract if Major is not winning 10 games in year 3 he is probably not getting a new contract and he is probably getting fires since the alternative is have him coach year 4 and hope he gets 10 or more wins (and then only has a $1.5 million plus assistants buy out) or he does not win 10 in year 4 and they fire him and owe him $650,000......or they can just fire him after year 3 and owe him $1.3 million.......so a $650,000 "risk" for them which is not a lot to pay him to go away after next year 

Coaches that win ten games a year at UH don't stay at UH.

Also, I'd rather coach (and recruit Houston for leftovers) than coach at Kansas.

So out of all the job changes in the past how many years, theres been about 10 listed.  Zero was incorrect, I admitted that, but the overall % is low.

Some of these were guys that were in question of being let go as well and probably jumped ship knowing what was around the corner....  Jimbo, Riley, Sark, Andersen....

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No way Littrell would take Kansas job... he's done well and doesn't have to take a career ending position, plus Kansas can't afford an up and comer, they need a name brand that can kickstart recruiting. They have a ton of scholarships to fill.  I still say Miles, but if not need a name like a Kiffin (also would not take it...)

I was chatting with a north texas alum with some inside info and the feeling is that littrell isn't leaving to a lower power 5 job like KU. Apparently he thinks high enough of himself that Tech is even below him and he's waiting for a real job to open up. 

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That was the thought, but frankly, I'd rather go after Tee Martin at this point. Beatty is not quite as good a recruiting rainmaker as his legend has made him out to be, and he frankly sucks as a position coach.

I agree go after Tee with the money truck. Or try to get them both, make Beatty an analyst.  

Time to start making moves and spending some of that money on recruiters and football minds to keep up with the top teams.   Want to compete at the highest level?   Bama, tOSU, Clemson... you need to do business in similar fashion.   I know we have some of these guys already but I'm saying upgrade to the best available.  Look at all the guys Bama has brought in over the past several years, it's a who's who of coaches taking on analyst roles while they reposition.  It's one area where a high profile program with lots of money can get a huge advantage that's still within the lines.  

12 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I was chatting with a north texas alum with some inside info and the feeling is that littrell isn't leaving to a lower power 5 job like KU. Apparently he thinks high enough of himself that Tech is even below him and he's waiting for a real job to open up. 

north Texas state alumni are idiots and most that think they have "insider info" are giant dick sucking idiots and don't have a fucking clue...there is pretty much zero chance that anyone is staying at north Texas state to make $1.2 million a year Vs making 3X or more than that at Texas Tech or probably even Kansas

and if your screen name signals you are a Tech fan and the idiot you were talking to knows that then you can be assured the idiot you were talking to was doubly full of shit and has no clue about anything......north Texas state fans make UH fans look intelligent

55 minutes ago, Nuge said:

Coaches that win ten games a year at UH don't stay at UH.

Also, I'd rather coach (and recruit Houston for leftovers) than coach at Kansas.

you are missing the point......Major is most likely not going to be winning 10 games at UH next year or even the year after (if he gets the chance to coach a 4th year)

and if he does not win ten games next year he is probably getting fired next year and while that does not mean he will never get another head coaching job again you can look at Tony Levine that was fired from UH after going 5-7, 8-5, and 7-5 (UH won the bowl game to go 8-5 but he did not coach it) to see how hard it is to get a job after getting fired

Levine took over a program that had massive coaching churn and had one losing season then basically two 8 win seasons and was fired

Major has gone 7-5 and is 7-2 right now coming off a loss to SMU and with Temple, Tulane, and Memphis left to play plus a bowl game

so there is a chance he gets 10 wins this year, but that is probably not happening next year and if it does not there is probably an 80% chance he is fired because YES their fans and administration are that fucking stupid

with OU and WSU on the schedule next year he is probably starting the season 0-2 and while I think north Texas state is still shitty that is their 3rd game and north Texas state is not as shitty as they have been (although they never stay good for long)

so it is not about "a coach at UH getting 10 wins and then only having Kansas to choose for a job to leave UH for" it is about can Major get to 10 wins before he is fired from UH and basically that means he gets 10 wins next year because even if he gets 10 wins this year unless he gets a better offer than Kansas this year (if he even gets that offer or any other P5 offer) and leaves this year......if he does not get 10 wins next year he is probably still fucking fired because UH and their fans and worst of all their administration believe their own bullshit

1 hour ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Other P5 to P5 moves...

Gary Andersen from Wisconsin to Oregon State

Willie Taggart from Oregon to FSU

James Franklin from Vandy to Penn State

Lane Kiffin from Tennessee to USC

Sarkisian from Washington to USC

Jumbo from Florida State to ATM

Saban 

miles

mack brown

10 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

north Texas state alumni are idiots and most that think they have "insider info" are giant dick sucking idiots and don't have a fucking clue...there is pretty much zero chance that anyone is staying at north Texas state to make $1.2 million a year Vs making 3X or more than that at Texas Tech or probably even Kansas

and if your screen name signals you are a Tech fan and the idiot you were talking to knows that then you can be assured the idiot you were talking to was doubly full of shit and has no clue about anything......north Texas state fans make UH fans look intelligent

you are missing the point......Major is most likely not going to be winning 10 games at UH next year or even the year after (if he gets the chance to coach a 4th year)

and if he does not win ten games next year he is probably getting fired next year and while that does not mean he will never get another head coaching job again you can look at Tony Levine that was fired from UH after going 5-7, 8-5, and 7-5 (UH won the bowl game to go 8-5 but he did not coach it) to see how hard it is to get a job after getting fired

Levine took over a program that had massive coaching churn and had one losing season then basically two 8 win seasons and was fired

Major has gone 7-5 and is 7-2 right now coming off a loss to SMU and with Temple, Tulane, and Memphis left to play plus a bowl game

so there is a chance he gets 10 wins this year, but that is probably not happening next year and if it does not there is probably an 80% chance he is fired because YES their fans and administration are that fucking stupid

with OU and WSU on the schedule next year he is probably starting the season 0-2 and while I think north Texas state is still shitty that is their 3rd game and north Texas state is not as shitty as they have been (although they never stay good for long)

so it is not about "a coach at UH getting 10 wins and then only having Kansas to choose for a job to leave UH for" it is about can Major get to 10 wins before he is fired from UH and basically that means he gets 10 wins next year because even if he gets 10 wins this year unless he gets a better offer than Kansas this year (if he even gets that offer or any other P5 offer) and leaves this year......if he does not get 10 wins next year he is probably still fucking fired because UH and their fans and worst of all their administration believe their own bullshit

I'm not sure where or how my screen name is anything tech related but I get your point about unt. But hell, I'll hear the guy out about littrell even if he does or doesn't know shit. It's a compelling discussion as they actually got a relevant coach that is certainly gone at the first greener pasture. 

The KU job is shit, but Lawrence is infinitely better than Houston 

Been to Kansas once for work. That state is the most depressing and shittiest state I have ever been to. Would tell anyone to stay far, far away from that shithole. To say it’s infinitely better than Houston takes the cake for dumbest thing said on surly for today.

• Like 2

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

I'm not sure where or how my screen name is anything tech related but I get your point about unt. But hell, I'll hear the guy out about littrell even if he does or doesn't know shit. It's a compelling discussion as they actually got a relevant coach that is certainly gone at the first greener pasture. 

never mind that part I am out of it