The play before Sam "didn't get" the first down

Rockethorn1978

Thanks to Zavala for showing my dumb ass how to post this.

As you can see in the below pic that I paused the second his knee hit the ground we already got the first down and it was spotted 2 yards behind this and then sam "didn't get" the first down either. 

Shitty fucking big 12 refs are shitty. fuck ou.

IMG-4711-8996.jpg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

That spotted the 4th down fucking two yards short. Should have been reviewed and I can't remember if we went tempo or what for it not to be looked at.

Yes, we did not give the officials much time to review it. They didn't even show or have time to show the replay on TV. I remember because I was yelling at the TV for Herman to slow down to give the refs time to look at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, saw that live. Was upset about our lack of game awareness in not slowing down to let them call for a review on that play.

No guarantee they would have called a review. The 3rd and 15  Ehlinger run the refs had plenty of time to review that call and it didn't happen. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-VPw8jz

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-nr2Mjp

Both of these were spotted way short. The Ehlinger 3rd and 15 run and the Johnson completion. 

I'll gif some more of these later but Watson had a couple runs that were also spotted way short. I'm honestly confused at this point. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yes, we did not give the officials much time to review it. They didn't even show or have time to show the replay on TV. I remember because I was yelling at the TV for Herman to slow down to give the refs time to look at it.

Lets face it, they are going to fuck us every chance they get. 

You really think they would stop the game to reverse a shitty stupid dumb-fuck officiating mistake that goes against us?

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Exactly. I blame Herman and beck on that one.

You can't change how you coach the game based on hoping the corrupt officiating is going to switch a bad call your way... 

They had 40 sec to review the Sam 3rd and 15 run where he got the first down before kicking the field goal, did they stop and review that or stop, measure, review for 15 mins on that call?

1) Here's the Boyd PI call on 3rd down. Maybe he hooks him but there's not much here. CJ deals with much more than this on a weekly basis. 

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-wmoYqr

2) Here's the Roach horse collar on 3rd and 15. My understanding is you can't commit a horse collar on a QB inside the pocket but I'm no rules expert. Not sure what Roach can do here. 

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-W7xg9E

3) Here's the Wilbon defensive holding with 2 angles. I have absolutely no clue what was called here. 

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-wmoY6r

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-D9XMKK

• Like 2

Best explanation for the overall cluster-fuck is that XII HQ told refs "higher-ranked team must win for conference Bowl/Playoff placement"; some refs thought that meant Texas, some thought WVU, and they wound up screwing everybody.

Back at the start, my thought was "whoever scores last is gonna win." 

The sam review felt like they were on the headsets trying to find anything that would make it short and i'm not even sure wtf he said about before the helmet came off which doersn't mean jack shit and it doesn't kill a play either. It was the longest review I have seen this season for a ball being spotted.

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

2) Here's the Roach horse collar on 3rd and 15. My understanding is you can't commit a horse collar on a QB inside the pocket but I'm no rules expert.

This is correct.  The text of the rule makes clear that the prohibition against horse collar tackles does not apply to passers inside the tackle box.  That call was simply more ref dumbassery.

• Like 1

No other conference takes so long to review, by a loonnngggg shot.

We need some refs with balls to tell the replay fuckers, "If I want a review, I'll tell you. Don't interrupt my fucking game with your bullshit." Then, when the inevitable happens, just ignore the cocksuckers and play fucking football. Worst case, if the review assholes start pitching a hissy fit, call ref's timeout and announce "No review is necessary, the play stands as called. Start the clock on my signal."

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That call was simply more ref dumbassery.

Yeah, I'm not one to blame refs for losses but they cost us at least 10-18 points. 

If either the Wilbon holding or Boyd PI calls aren't made we are likely off the field (cost us 3 points). If the Roach call isn't made we are off the field (cost us 7 points). If either of the Ehlinger or Johnson plays are spotted correctly we probably get more points out of those drives (potentially cost us 8 points). 

Edited by texasstrong12

https://gifs.com/gif/ncaaf-2018-11-03-west-virginia-at-texas-720p60-l5ZKlg

This play should have also been reviewed. The angle isn't great and I'm still not sure if Duvernay got in but it's close. We ended up kicking a FG on this drive. I didn't even notice this in real time but Duvernay extends and no clue how the ref one foot away doesn't even call for a review on a scoring play. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I'm just asking for fairness in the reviews. it was clear they ignored when we were close and Herman has to be more involved in getting them to review.  I know it comes from the booth but the booth is watch the game/sideline real time.  we are doing ourselves a disservice by standing there passively looking at our playsheet when you have actual CLOWNS on the field running the game.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Thanks to Zavala for showing my dumb ass how to post this.

As you can see in the below pic that I paused the second his knee hit the ground we already got the first down and it was spotted 2 yards behind this and then sam "didn't get" the first down either. 

Shitty fucking big 12 refs are shitty. fuck ou.

IMG-4711-8996.jpg

Your shot is actually a split second after CJ's knee hit the ground.  He fell forward a couple of feet.  From this view, it looks like the ball may be just short of the 4 yard line.  From your shot, his knee is on the ground just before the yellow first down line.  From the shot below, you can tell that the ball is a few inches behind where his knee is hitting.  Still, shocked they did not review this spot, since they spent about 5 minutes reviewing the next play.  And, I dare anyone to point out exactly where Sam's helmet comes completely off, which is what is required for the play to be dead.

CJWVU.gif

11 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Your shot is actually a split second after CJ's knee hit the ground.  He fell forward a couple of feet.  From this view, it looks like the ball may be just short of the 4 yard line.  From your shot, his knee is on the ground just before the yellow first down line.  From the shot below, you can tell that the ball is a few inches behind where his knee is hitting.  Still, shocked they did not review this spot, since they spent about 5 minutes reviewing the next play.  And, I dare anyone to point out exactly where Sam's helmet comes completely off, which is what is required for the play to be dead.

CJWVU.gif

where did the ball get marked?

Those were some horrible fucking spots and I was screaming full song at the TV. Always a review to fuck us.....but no review that was clearly warranted that might help us.

But what I can't follow as far as this being a conspiracy to nudge the "higher ranked" team over the victory line for the conference's sake.....there is no bigger draw in this conference than to see Texas win. Look at the tv ratings for proof. A Texas/dirt burglar title rematch would be epic $$$

This either boils down to just complete incompetence by the big12 officiating crews and/or individual officials have a level of hate for the Horns that's beyond belief. 

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lets face it, they are going to fuck us every chance they get. 

You really think they would stop the game to reverse a shitty stupid dumb-fuck officiating mistake that goes against us?

West Virginia was literally called for twice as many penalties as Texas was. Refs can be shitty, and they egregiously fucked up the spot here. Take your tinfoil hat off and come back to reality. 

• Like 2

WVU had one questionable officials interpretation penalty, the DL holding.  they had 14 but at least half their penalties were false starts, delay of game, doing real stupid shit PF penalties.  The PI on LJH the guy just grabbed him.

show me one spot that was questionable for WVU. you can't.

They egregiously fucked us all day long with spots and reviews and a couple of the penalties (DL hold and horsecollar).  they aren't paid off they just suck shit through a straw and there suckage was 90% against us this game.

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I'm in 27 and could see that it was at least close enough for a review. you could see it on the adzillatron also.

Was several beers in sitting in 28 ~row 40 and, despite my drunken double vision, could see it was a bad spot. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

West Virginia was literally called for twice as many penalties as Texas was. Refs can be shitty, and they egregiously fucked up the spot here. Take your tinfoil hat off and come back to reality. 

You realize there is more to officiating in any sport than just the total number of penalties/fouls called, right? Not saying there is a conspiracy but your view on officiating is way too basic if that is how you determine it.

Edited by Vic Mackey

Sam losing his helmet gave the ref’s pretty much Carte Blanche to spot it along a wide area. If what the announcers claimed is true (fuck it, I ain’t looking it up) that the play is dead when a player loses his helmet. They could pretty much put it anywhere they fucking wanted to. And if you can stomach to watch it again. Pay attention to when the two line judges converge at the mark, they are about a yard apart in their opinion as to the proper spot. Had they gone with the other guy it would have been a conversion.

From the camera angles we were shown there was no way to determine exactly when Sam’s helmet actually came off. So it came down to where those to ref’s met at center.