Burgers

ftf82

Reminds me of a group of "Mrs. Ropers" I saw in Wimberley a week or so ago.  Must have been two dozen of them.  Apparently it's a national thing.  I was drinking beers and failed to get a photo, but it basically looked like this:

May be an image of 6 people and blonde hair

Edited by jimmyjazz

On 11/7/2018 at 12:20 AM, ftf82 said:

Jewboy -  best in town. 

Had Jewboy for lunch and thought it was meh. Buns were too soft and needed to be toasted to give them some body - pretty tasty bun though. No discernible taste/flavor to the meat. Couldn’t taste the onions.  Fries were super crispy and delicious but they’re skinchy af w/ their ketchup. Wouldn’t go out of my way to go back.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea7b9c6fe1096dfde18858dd5a123291.jpeg

On 11/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, Mittens said:

Had Jewboy for lunch and thought it was meh. Buns were too soft and needed to be toasted to give them some body - pretty tasty bun though. No discernible taste/flavor to the meat. Couldn’t taste the onions.  Fries were super crispy and delicious but they’re skinchy af w/ their ketchup. Wouldn’t go out of my way to go back.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea7b9c6fe1096dfde18858dd5a123291.jpeg

I miss the pizza place (House?) that used to be there.

I guess I’m glad that people like Jewboy but I agree, I don’t see what the fuss is about.  

• Hook 'Em 1

You're looking for a rec in FAR North Austin, good sir.

I'd say "Central Austin" ends at 45th.  Maybe 2222/Allandale/Koenig if you're pimping the New Geography. 

But Burnet and Northcross Drive, most certainly is NOT Central Austin.  That's North, baby.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You're looking for a rec in FAR North Austin, good sir.

I'd say "Central Austin" ends at 45th.  Maybe 2222/Allandale/Koenig if you're pimping the New Geography. 

But Burnet and Northcross Drive, most certainly is NOT Central Austin.  That's North, baby.

It was. I can accept Koenig. 

21 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

somebody recommend me a good burger in north austin/round rock/georgetown/cedar park/etc area.

If you’re north anyway get the Big Ass Burger from Roaring Fork.  It’s probably 2000 calories so you won’t need to eat again for a while.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, thrillhammer said:

its a decent burger. i thought it might have been a little better out of his food truck on burnet.  

somebody recommend me a good burger in north austin/round rock/georgetown/cedar park/etc area.

lebowski's grill at highland lanes. the hideout across mopac from the domain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/20/2023 at 8:19 AM, stc said:

lebowski's grill at highland lanes

I know butter is a cheat code but their bread has so much that I felt really gross after eating.  

BTW, not that anyone thinks it’s good but imo P Terry’s has declined from below average to must avoid.  It’s what I imagine a hamburger in North Korea must taste like.  

On 7/9/2023 at 9:39 PM, Deej said:

I love me some Dirty's, but while excellent, their burgers never regained the level they were at before the City of Austin made them replace their ancient flat top. 

On 5/7/2023 at 7:28 PM, Deej said:

I love me some Dirty's, but the burgers have lacked that little bit of something since the city made them replace the original flat top years ago. 

On 11/25/2023 at 3:08 PM, Deej said:

I love Dirty's, but the burgers have never been the same since the City made them replace their ancient flat top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:19 PM, LCHorn said:

BTW, not that anyone thinks it’s good but imo P Terry’s has declined from below average to must avoid.  It’s what I imagine a hamburger in North Korea must taste like.  

They've gotten less consistent across locations. The one closest to me - BW and Congress - especially employs a bunch of dipshits.

The burgers/sandwiches are usually still good but I've gotten multiple orders of inedible fries from them. I've also had multiple orders fucked up and frequently have to correct whoever is working there or repeat shit multiple times. 

The one on 35 just north of Slaughter is a better run location.