Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

1 hour ago, randygilman said:

I prefer Nike for a multitude of reasons, but I feel like if we had gone with Under Armour we would have uniforms that everyone would like. I’m basing that solely off the fact they fixed UCLA’s, didn’t screw up Wisconsin, does well with Auburn, and aside from the once a year alternate the school approves, has done well with ND.

Oh well. We’ve seen Nike can make the good stuff like from the 2015 KU game. Maybe again. I know Tom likes having “TEXAS” across the chest and has said as much.

Perrin was loyal to the brand, as I recall he saw more upside with the UT brand tied to Nike, than in revenue tied in stock with Under Armour...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Perrin was loyal to the brand, as I recall he saw more upside with the UT brand tied to Nike, than in revenue tied in stock with Under Armour...

Understandable. I’m not one of the people who constantly looks for something to be #madonline about regarding Longhorn sports like everyone who complains about Burnt orange.

34 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

BLACKOUT GAME VS. ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Rutgers fans are too blunt about the current state of Scarlet Knights football:

I actually like the fact The State University of New Jersey is reppin' the state on an alternate look...

3 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Some Rutgers fans are too blunt about the current state of Scarlet Knights football:

I actually like the fact The State University of New Jersey is reppin' the state on an alternate look...

Red New Jersey looks like a used tampon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, trueut2003 said:

About as radical as we've ever gotten with the storm troopers (aka the best uniform in sports).e0ba6c63859afc8fbe95c3200801b8bc.jpg

Those uniforms are absolutely beautiful.

Such an awesome way to honor DKR on the way to a national championship appearance (while beating A&M on their home field on the bonfire anniversary). 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 9:33 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

Perfect - except no numbers on helmets. Everything else is perfect. 

No. Get rid of numbers on the shoulders and put them above the Longhorn on the helmet. 

Gives each player some individuality a la Bama without cluttering the jersey

24 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Pitt is wearing retro uniforms Saturday against Syracuse. Uniforms that EVERYONE loves, but the administration refuses to give us as the full-time uniform.

I thought they were probably going to get back to that eventually but they needed to give Nike more lead time?

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

We'll see. There are rumors of the switch being made. But the track record of Pitt making the simple & correct decision is not good.

What the Pitt decision makers seem to not understand is that uniform colors and consistency aren't something you start over from scratch because it's 2018 (or 2000, which is about the time I remember them ditching traditional blue and yellow for the more "sophisticated" navy and gold). In a vacuum, sure, navy and gold are probably more aesthetically pleasing than basic blue and bright mustard yellow. But after decade upon decade of tradition, guess what? People (not just Pitt fans) would rather see the traditional colors because that's what looks like Pitt.

Visual consistency is important. I don't even mind schools candying up their uniforms as long as you can tell at a glance who's who on TV. 

• Like 3

On 10/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, Moby Ric said:

Red New Jersey looks like a used tampon.

I can't think of a better mascot for Rutger football than that.... 

The jokes write themselves:

Another Saturday, another loss for Rutgers football. While a new scheme was inserted for the game, the Rutgers defense couldn't stop the bleeding. The competetion at QB going into the game was called into question when after a spotty first half, the starter was left in. That led to a visibly uninterested sideline for Rutgers. When the coach was asked about his team's effort, he replied that he was 'shocked that such a toxic culture had crept into his locker room and that he had to rid such a syndrome if there was ever to be a winner in New Jersey." Due to the multiple breakdowns throughout the game, the coach made it a point that the next practice would be full pads. 

The AD later commented on all the hot-seat talk by assuring everyone that he was fully behind the coach and didnt' see anything that would make him question his effectiveness.

This reporter has seen enough and while coach's seat may not be hot right now, I can't forsee him being with the team next year. Whomever follows him will have a huge mess to clean up I assure you. Some folks are just a square peg for a round hole.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

What the Pitt decision makers seem to not understand is that uniform colors and consistency aren't something you start over from scratch because it's 2018 (or 2000, which is about the time I remember them ditching traditional blue and yellow for the more "sophisticated" navy and gold). In a vacuum, sure, navy and gold are probably more aesthetically pleasing than basic blue and bright mustard yellow. But after decade upon decade of tradition, guess what? People (not just Pitt fans) would rather see the traditional colors because that's what looks like Pitt.

Visual consistency is important. I don't even mind schools candying up their uniforms as long as you can tell at a glance who's who on TV. 

Agreed, I remember watching the Pittsburgh vs Texas game, and as soon as I cut the television on, I knew I was watching the Panthers vs Longhorns... Pitt needs to get the branding with the color scheme right, back to tradition...

*(note the SWC patches on the Texas jerseys)...

A lot of empties for a Home opener in that Pitt/UT video. 

I was there. I met Tony Dorsett, who was there to watch his son, Anthony, Eric Dickerson and Billy Sims in the End Zone Club. The program honored the SWC Heisman winners. And, technically, the final SWC Heisman winner, Ricky Williams, was on the field that day.

I had Dorsett and Dickerson autograph my program for posterity. I skipped Sims. Because, fuck that guy.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

american-college-football-player-tommy-n

I am with you.

Put the numbers on the side and please get rid of the "TEXAS": on the jersey.

That is JUCO shit.

That’s one serious badass motherfucker. 

Couldn’t imagine getting in a bar fight with Tommy. 

18 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Agreed, I remember watching the Pittsburgh vs Texas game, and as soon as I cut the television on, I knew I was watching the Panthers vs Longhorns... Pitt needs to get the branding with the color scheme right, back to tradition...

*(note the SWC patches on the Texas jerseys)...

this was my first game at DKR as a student /csb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am with you.

Put the numbers on the side and please get rid of the "TEXAS": on the jersey.

That is JUCO shit.

Yes on getting rid of the TEXAS

I'm a "no" on helmet numbers - too cluttered, and the stand-alone logo on white is the best helmet in football. Less is more here. 

But seriously, a wonderful first step would be just getting rid of the collar logo. That is the biggest problem right now (assuming the color "inconsistency" is filters or fabric or whatever the fuck). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

15 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yes on getting rid of the TEXAS

I'm a "no" on helmet numbers - too cluttered, and the stand-alone logo on white is the best helmet in football. Less is more here. 

But seriously, a wonderful first step would be just getting rid of the collar logo. That is the biggest problem right now (assuming the color "inconsistency" is filters or fabric or whatever the fuck). 

That collar logo...

BNZ.gif

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 8:20 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

Pitt is wearing retro uniforms Saturday against Syracuse. Uniforms that EVERYONE loves, but the administration refuses to give us as the full-time uniform.

Those Pitt unis look great on TV.

The Cuse looks like Arizona or some shit.  Red white and blue?