Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Now Ukraine is saying if that reactor fails it’ll be 10 times worse than Chernobyl

Well, there are 10 reactors there, just one failed at Chernobyl so in a sense that could be correct, however unlikely.  (It is the largest in Europe so lots of power could go down as well).

Just now, immamac said:

They are launching missiles at it. Probably unintentionally because of incompetence. 

that begs the question, why attack the nuclear plant anyway? to shut off power to ukraine? yea but they are going to cause babies all through europe and russia to grow a third testicle.

and if they blow up a nuclear plant and it radiates all of europe, then does the world take off the gloves and deal with putin and russia?

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s my understanding that these nuclear reactors cannot be actually safe walk away “shutdown” until all the fuel is spent or there is a special decommissioning process. Until then they continue to create massive amounts of heat and need to be cooled. If the cooling system fails or there is a breach it will still fully meltdown and go crazy even if it’s “shut down”.

Basically this is super fucking bad and IMHO should result in an international response in addition to what’s already been done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

They are launching missiles at it. Probably unintentionally because of incompetence. 

Also, if they hit any of the containment with the shelling, there will be a spike in radiation for sure, but nothing like Chernobyl so long as they stop the reactor and repair the damage.  For weeks if not months after Chernobyl Cesium 137 spewed from it, that's gamma radiation on such a massive scale that it's like that everyone in the world to this day has trace levels of it in them.  

12 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Dumb question amnesty.  

Why are Ukraine, Jawja and Mulva applying for the EU and not NATO or both?  Is it the whole North Atlantic thing that doesn't make them eligible?

NATO’s door remains open to any European country in a position to undertake the commitments and obligations of membership, and contribute to security in the Euro-Atlantic area. Since 1949, NATO’s membership has increased from 12 to 30 countries through eight rounds of enlargement. Currently, three partner countries have declared their aspirations to NATO membership: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Ukraine. The Republic of North Macedonia became the latest country to join the Alliance on 27 March 2020.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_49212.htm

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have no doubt that at least 300 Russian armored vehicles (tanks, infantry/mech, etc.) have been knocked out.  The data/OSINT nerds have tracked close to that number just with photos and videos, and that's ignoring the areas secured by Russians and the stuff not photographed.

If those were just tanks, that's 900+ Russian soldiers out-of-action, plus over $250 million dollars in lost equipment that Russia won't be able to easily replace.

But many of those are going to be infantry carriers of some type, which means potentially 1,500 - 2,000+ soldiers don't have a ride (and how many would have been killed or surrendered?).

And that's going to leave dozens, if not hundreds of skittish officers and NCOs.

and all other tank units suddenly want to jump ship, I mean get stuck in the mud, i mean run out of fuel. any reason to get the fuck out of a tank

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s my understanding that these nuclear reactors cannot be actually safe walk away “shutdown” until all the fuel is spent or there is a special decommissioning process. Until then they continue to create massive amounts of heat and need to be cooled. If the cooling system fails or there is a breach it will still fully meltdown and go crazy even if it’s “shut down”.

Basically this is super fucking bad and IMHO should result in an international response in addition to what’s already been done. 

they can be safe shutdown with fuel in the pot. you just have to keep the core cool. that's how plants do refueling outages. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Dumb question amnesty.  

Why are Ukraine, Jawja and Mulva applying for the EU and not NATO or both?  Is it the whole North Atlantic thing that doesn't make them eligible?

I don’t think any of them have a chance to be accepted. The reason they’re applying is to let everyone know that’s what they’re seeking - EU, Russia, their own populace. 

EU will give them an idea of what they need to do to join. Russia will send out threats and try to do whatever they can to change their course. But the EU isn’t going to want to expose their markets and workforces with the rights and responsibilities EU membership brings to economies so far from the EU mainstream. 

Realize that Turkey has been trying to get in forever, and is probably farther away now than they were 20 years ago. One of the reasons they’ve shifted some towards Russia in the past decade.

The reason to apply to the EU as opposed to NATO is because while they have no chance of joining the EU right now, their chances of joining NATO are in the negatives, in a Spinal Tap sort of way. (edit - @bolverk already showed that Georgia has applied for NATO membership. Point still stands). Sweden and Finland could probably join right now, but outside of that I’m sure NATO is going to be very restrictive regarding who it’s willing to end the world over. My bet is there are some people right now wondering if it was such a great idea to let the Baltic States join, although if they hadn’t they probably wouldn’t be independent right now.

For all intents and purposes it’s posturing. Important posturing, but posturing nonetheless. 

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

You said it was stupid, even coming from you. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, there are 10 reactors there, just one failed at Chernobyl so in a sense that could be correct, however unlikely.  (It is the largest in Europe so lots of power could go down as well).

looking at the satellite shot of it, there are only 6 reactors. unless they've added 4 more since that pic was made.

Putin's Paranoia - the latest garage band coming to you from Austin, Texas, covering all of the best death polka hits such as:

• The Javelin Polka - Jimmy Dorsey 
  • Just a Hop-Skip-OH FUCK IT'S AN NLAW - Bob Crosby 
  • I'm Gonna Get a AT4 - Frankie Yankovic 
  • Outta Fuel and Outta Here- Babe Wagner 
  • Hey, Hey, Farmer Gray, Tow That T-72 Away - Walt Solek 
  • Dinner with the NLAWs - Frankie Yankovic 
  • Is That a Stinger in Your Hands? - Jimmy Dorsey 
  • Beer Barrels Have Thicker Sides Than Their BMPs - Frankie Yankovic 
  • What Do I Care I'm Just a Fucking Conscript? - Walt Solek 
  • Back Blast Area Clear! - Jimmy Dorsey 

Just now, TXSG8R said:

I’m starting to believe Putin wants to draw NATO in. He dangled a 40 mile convoy, and now he’s doing an oops on a nuke plant?  

No, this is what happens when you have a population of uneducated hicks and you send them to war.  They are just plain ignorant morons with big weapons and no concept of context  

• Like 1

It’s apparently the biggest in Europe

Or it is Mad Vlad’s Tom Clancy type nuke off ramp. If Vlad can’t have it no one can. Sorry mothers of Russia the Neo Nazis were so desperate they destroyed the Zaporizhia reactor and killed your sons and destroyed theRussian Orthodox home. We are quickly withdrawing our remaining valiant heroes out of the radiation. Never have to bring a body home and used tactical nuke with firing a nuke.

If the reports of them firing on fire response at a nuclear facility and actively engaging in combat are true this needs to be the straw that breaks the camels back. If Putin is willing to intentionally meltdown a huge nuclear facility we need to sink every fucking sub and start deterrence immediately. China won’t have a problem with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As an aside guys, ive been following stuff on several sights and there are lots of opinions

Im really impressed with the minds we have on here and the opinions they express. 

You guys are kinda cool.  
Kinda.

“Sites”
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

If the reports of them firing on fire response at a nuclear facility and actively engaging in combat are true this needs to be the straw that breaks the camels back. If Putin is willing to intentionally meltdown a huge nuclear facility we need to sink every fucking sub and start deterrence immediately. China won’t have a problem with it. 

Yeah this seems like a pretty big atrocity. Intentionally creating a nuclear disaster worse than Chernobyl 

58 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Misquoted the last post, there is a big fire at the nuke plant in Energodan

this my friends is why i am against nuclear power. i get it the germans can run it fine, however it is a ticking time bomb for whatever externality you care to bring up. this is our concern. and how and when and where can you control for this type of shit?

TerrificAcademicGerbil-size_restricted.g

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

i wonder if we go open dialogue with China before escalating this war ?

We kinda already have. I think they have seen enough to know that what Russia is doing here and what they want from taiwan are in no way the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

that begs the question, why attack the nuclear plant anyway? to shut off power to ukraine? yea but they are going to cause babies all through europe and russia to grow a third testicle.

and if they blow up a nuclear plant and it radiates all of europe, then does the world take off the gloves and deal with putin and russia?

If only there were a way to stop the transmission of power from a nuclear power plant without shelling the plant itself. 

How do they get power from power plants to users anyway?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

You really sure you’re ready for nuclear war?

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

If only there were a way to stop the transmission of power from a nuclear power plant without shelling the plant itself. 

How do they get power from power plants to users anyway?

maybe take out the transmission lines? 

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

this my friends is why i am against nuclear power. i get it the germans can run it fine, however it is a ticking time bomb for whatever externality you care to bring up. this is our concern. and how and when and where can you control for this type of shit?

TerrificAcademicGerbil-size_restricted.g

You’re not wrong. It’s frightening thinking about a 6 reactor nuclear power plant being in the middle of a war zone. 

It feels like this should have been addressed in a very large public way by the leaders of various countries prior to right now. I’m hoping something gets said about it immediately. 

I don’t understand all the consequences we’re looking at, but I’ve heard and read a tiny bit about Fukushima. Nothing good can come of this, of that I’m sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

You really sure you’re ready for nuclear war?

If they are going to intentionally bomb a fucking nuclear plant it doesn’t matter if I’m ready or not. They clearly are which means we sure as fuck need to be. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

by the way, not to derail here, but all you fucks that think ERCOT fucked up Feb of 2021, you're wront. ERCOT DISTRIBUTES energy to where it's needed. not their fault if plants shut down and they don't have the energy to distribute (a unit at the plant I work at was one that tripped). and fuck wind energy.

/rant over.

hey man, take a walk. enjoy thursday. its the last day before no nuke friday. 

and i am already here. and its great man. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

Looking at the videos, this isn't errant shelling. This is straight up shooting up the building with all forms of guns from all sides. This is very intentional. Fuck Putin.