Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

when the hunters become the hunted. 

there are no winners here. again from the numerous videos, many of the russian troops do not support this shit. lots of innocent lives on both sides are dying. fuck putin.

Well, I certainly hope that if encircled in the field, all such Russian troops surrender without being harmed.  Best possible outcome.....

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Welcome to Grozny or Aleppo 2.0. 

Yeah, this is what Russia does. I mean, this is the beginning. They haven't even started getting serious, yet.

.....but this is what's coming.  And it can't be stopped (by any reasonable means).

Russia is intent on destroying european cities in full view of the world.  By doing so, it forever loses any hint of legitimacy that has helped it make money for the past decades.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I certainly hope that if encircled in the field, all such Russian troops surrender without being harmed.  Best possible outcome.....

.....but this is what's coming.  And it can't be stopped (by any reasonable means).

Russia is intent on destroying european cities in full view of the world.  By doing so, it forever loses any hint of legitimacy that has helped it make money for the past decades.

Yes. I'm just saying that as horrific as those images are, we've seen them in Grozny (twice!) and Aleppo. Russia trying to turn much of Kyiv into future farmland.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Shit like this makes me think it's going to be impossible for Putin to keep the truth from the Russian people. He's going to need a lot of gulags.

It's spelled 'gazpachos.'

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I took it as commodity brokers are intentionally crashing wheat prices. Russia's second biggest export.

Funds are pushing the futures price to all time highs, but the actual cash prices are not keeping pace, and the end users aren’t stepping up to buy right now so futures will need correct lower or cash price will need to catch fire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, ok.  But hear me out--Nigerians and Syrians and Yemenis and Mexicans aren't white.

I'm not saying align ourselves with Iran.  I'm saying normalize relations with them and stop taking the Arabs' side against them.

100%.

Yeah, I'm just not sure about going ahead with Iran having nuclear weapons.

How many of these can we reasonably deal with?

EovkGkrXMAQHeHU_2020_12_09_16_31_58.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

One BIG thing that WE are getting out of this war is actual live testing of the weapons we developed to counter Russian military assets.  And it appears that the tests are going very well.

Flight testing is one thing - live testing is quite another.

RU's 'new army' was built on matching our armor. We spent the same decade(s) on how infantry can destroy armor.

Just now, MillerEP said:

That doesn't make sense to me. Canada is holding Russia accountable by holding foreign nationals in their country against their will? I'm not sure that's going to work out well. I'm assuming there's more to this story...or it's completely made up. Either way.

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Yellowknife?  What the fuck were they doing flying into the NW Territory?  I get it's isolated but a group of wealthy Russians is gonna stick out like a fucking sore thumb in Yellowknife.  I'm sure they'll all be granted asylum in Florida within the week.  

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

That doesn't make sense to me. Canada is holding Russia accountable by holding foreign nationals in their country against their will? I'm not sure that's going to work out well. I'm assuming there's more to this story...or it's completely made up. Either way.

Yellowknife has a major Canadian defense and intelligence facility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Welcome to Grozny or Aleppo 2.0. 
Yeah, this is what Russia does. I mean, this is the beginning. They haven't even started getting serious, yet.
If St. Javelin has even half the kill rated claimed they will have no armor in a few weeks and they have no resources to make more. You're looking at enough of the armor made for the RU 'new army' in the last two decades getting toasted to the point Nukes are all there is that keeps Europe from thinking about running train on them. At some point his generals have to tell Putin to stop or they won't be able to defend the RU by conventional means. Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bateshorn said:

Yellowknife has a major Canadian defense and intelligence facility. 

And? Recently the US deported 12 Russian nationals assigned to the UN whom they accused of spying. They didn't hold them in the country. Like I said, I'm sure there's more to this. I'm just saying on the face of it, it doesn't look like Canada is holding Russia accountable. It looks like something you do when you're at war with another country. Which Canada is not. 

They do have a sizable Ukrainian population, however.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Having spent a week or so in Yellowknife, this is a war crime to hold them there.. 

Yellowknife?  Whoah, I spent a week there one night.  

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Yeah that smells like pure bullshit.

…but it’s on Twitter so I’m sure it’s real.

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Edited by Loop 1604

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Having spent a week or so in Yellowknife, this is a war crime to hold them there.. 

Along the lines of saying, "I've got 2 weeks vacation coming up, son of a bitch, Laurel Mississippi here I come!"  Said by no one ever, and I mean ever.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

It's white Europeans.  The effect is different.  

I'd counter it's the media.  If this isn't given wall to wall coverage, no one gives a shit, just like the rest of those wars the OP pointed out that went unnoticed

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Funds are pushing the futures price to all time highs, but the actual cash prices are not keeping pace, and the end users aren’t stepping up to buy right now so futures will need correct lower or cash price will need to catch fire. 

I'm told some ethanol plants in ND aren't buying corn right now.  They have enough bought up they can coast for awhile.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hell, regardless of sanctions, Russia's going to have a real problem with the degradation of its military.  They are low on precision guided munitions.  They've had a fair number of soldiers killed and wounded.  They have lost a shitload of vehicles.

Before this began, I was worried about a two prong attack -- Ukraine, and then a Baltic state.  I'm not worried about that anymore.  I think it's clear that Russia in no way has the logistics for a two-front fight.  Shit, when this is done, they may not have the means to start another one-front fight.

Which, again, is dangerous.  When a rabid dog thinks it's running out of claws and teeth, it will get desperate.

Shit, they're getting to the point where they gotta start asking if they can hold off a counter-attack or an attack from another country (cough CHINA cough) without going nuclear. 

14 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

If St. Javelin has even half the kill rated claimed they will have no armor in a few weeks and they have no resources to make more. You're looking at enough of the armor made for the RU 'new army' in the last two decades getting toasted to the point Nukes are all there is that keeps Europe from thinking about running train on them. At some point his generals have to tell Putin to stop or they won't be able to defend the RU.

I presume there is little risk we'll run out of Javelins to send over there?

2 minutes ago, Wade said:

I'd counter it's the media.  If this isn't given wall to wall coverage, no one gives a shit, just like the rest of those wars the OP pointed out that went unnoticed

People keep telling me it's different this time because it's Europe and this hasn't happened in over 75 years.  But the invading army is also from Europe.  Plus, there's been Bosnia, the invasion of Czechoslovakia, invasion of Cyprus, Armenia, Yugoslavia battles, Chechen skirmishes, Kosovo, plus Georgia and Crimea.  And none of those were invading armies from other continents.  Never mind that their own two world wars started on their continent were of their own doing (with the caveat that one of two also involved Japan as a belligerent).  

But I do get that the international response has been markedly different than anything I've seen in my lifetime.  I knew when Switzerland started freezing assets that Europe was taking this much different than the above conflicts.  When my Bilderberg-attending cousin was dispatched to Geneva to personally verify account positions for his clients (he's a bagman, like me...only wildly more successful), I knew this was a new animal.  

Their new worry is suddenly influx several divisions into Ukraine with logistical support columns behind them, only to have them suddenly fall-back under a "massive threat to troop safety"...so that shows up on satellite.  So the next thing can happen with plausible validation.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

and if they were part of NATO or the EU (and have had 30 years to do so) they would have received help in this exact situation.

...but they have not shown that much interest in actually doing either until Russian troops were literally marching to Kyiv.

I don't necessarily disagree with staying out of the way, but you've said this at least 3 times and it's not accurate. 

Ukraine has been working on a Membership Action Plan into NATO since 2008.  They amended their constitution in 2019 to define their strategic pursuit of NATO membership.  In 2017, 70% of Ukrainians were in favor of joining NATO. 

It would be more accurate to say Ukraine has been invaded because of their interest in joining NATO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

I'm told some ethanol plants in ND aren't buying corn right now.  They have enough bought up they can coast for awhile.

Cargill’s massive plant in Blair, NE is no bid til June, everyone else has puked 18-36 cents the last 24 hours. I don’t know if you could get a legitimate nearby wheat bid of any class anywhere right now. We’ve got a massive premium to Euro wheat, and aren’t going to moving anything until they catch us or we correct. 

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Also just came out that we might be getting a renewable fuels mandate waiver with already massive ethanol stocks. For commodity ags I’ve got massive 2008 flashbacks on going. 

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

Cargill’s massive plant in Blair, NE is no bid til June, everyone else has puked 18-36 cents the last 24 hours. I don’t know if you could get a legitimate nearby wheat bid of any class anywhere right now. We’ve got a massive premium to Euro wheat, and aren’t going to moving anything until they catch us or we correct. 

Any talk of shutdowns or hot idle?

Re: fertilizer prices, yeah we're fine for spring,, but Lord this fall...  Russia is a big producer.

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Any talk of shutdowns or hot idle?

Re: fertilizer prices, yeah we're fine for spring,, but Lord this fall...  Russia is a big producer.

It’s spring maintenance season, so I’m guessing the bottom end plants won’t restart after that if mandate goes or we can’t get stocks down. Fertilizer wise, I have no idea where that’ll end up other than my guys with that keep the pig shit custom wise, or have slatted cattle barns will be feeling good

29 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

If St. Javelin has even half the kill rated claimed they will have no armor in a few weeks and they have no resources to make more. You're looking at enough of the armor made for the RU 'new army' in the last two decades getting toasted to the point Nukes are all there is that keeps Europe from thinking about running train on them. At some point his generals have to tell Putin to stop or they won't be able to defend the RU.

I think they’re already there 

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think this entire episode shows that it is increasingly untenable for us to demand that countries like Iran not arm themselves with nuclear weapons.  That's particularly the case when their primary enemy is nuclear-armed.

At this point, we ought to consider normalizing relations with Iran, doing our best to limit its nuclear program, getting all of that sweet, sweet Iranian oil back into the global marketplace, and realigning our position in the Gulf away from Arab interests.

The time to do that was 50 years ago. Kissinger/Nixon made the Shah of Iran the centerpiece, along with Israel, for their strategy in the Middle East. Then Carter came along and completely destabilized his regime. Sure, the guy was a ruthless despot with little regard for human rights. Still, Carter met with Khomeini and decided he could work with him better because they were both religious. Carter didn't foment the revolution that brought down the Shah, but he sure did plenty to undermine the Shah and put in place the forces that led to Khomeini coming to power.

Personally, I have no desire for the US to normalize relations with Iran. But I'm gung-ho pro Israel, so I'm biased. Iran won't be satisfied until Israel is wiped off the map. Doing everything in our power to keep them from acquiring nuclear weapons seems like a good thing to me.

I had hopes during the second Iraq invasion that at some point the US would get their act together regarding the occupation, but it never happened. Occupations are almost impossible to get right anyways, but the US did their damndest to fuck it up from the very beginning. Once installing a democracy became the alleged primary motivation, it was never going to work out.

Being friends with Saudi Arabia was always a bit of eating from the poisoned tree, even at its formation in the 30s, but with Mohammed Bin Salman it's way worse. The problem is we're dealing with a culture that has a massive cognitive dissonance. On the one hand they see the West as the root of evil and a threat to their beliefs and values. They want a return of a Caliphate, with a strong preference for Arab hegemony. On the other hand their ruling class takes advantage of Western luxury and lifestyle to the point of abuse. 

The key issue with Mohammed Bin Salman is that if he's deposed, particularly through some kind of grassroots uprising, we're likelier to see a tilt towards extremism and open war with the West than we are a more peaceful and secular country. It sucks, frankly. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Also just came out that we might be getting a renewable fuels mandate waiver with already massive ethanol stocks. For commodity ags I’ve got massive 2008 flashbacks on going. 

In the 1st week of October 2008, I sold retail urea for $1000.  Three weeks later I sold urea for $600.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I presume there is little risk we'll run out of Javelins to send over there?

They will take on the moniker as "savior" platform that the Stinger had in Afghanistan as what helped "win the war"

*see what an optimist I am....

Perhaps everyone is too focused on the idea that an American/NATO intervention, without an Article 5 exception, would cause nuclear war to happen?

It's not like Putin is acting rational now. There is absolutely nothing to say that Putin won't use the nuke option even if the US/NATO intervenes after a clear Article 5 breach.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude, he is not going to pulverize Kyiv. What point would that serve him? If he is prepared to do that he is prepared for total global thermonuclear war. Maybe he is, but his oligarchs ain't. And even absent nuclear deterrence, what point would that serve? He'd be universally reviled abroad and widely reviled at home. It's just not happening. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 1