Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Who knew that the humble John Deere tractor was the greatest tool in modern land warfare.

I was ahead of my time in the 70's when I pulled my toy tanks around on the living room carpet with my toy John Deere tractor..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

but will it? Really? It will create a run on humanitarian stockpiles (mostly US Provided) that sit in warehouses around the globe. Great time to invest in trucking companies in these places. That is where we always get fucked trying to deliver food. We have the food, we don't have trucks/drivers/security. 

And the second consideration is most of these countries have no fear beating the shit out of their population to maintain control. In the past Russia just bribes the governments with cheap oil and fuel. Think there is a reason Eritrea keeps voting no in the UN on Putin's side? 

Thats what I keep trying to tell people.  We have food that rots away in silos and warehouses.  We don't have the transportation

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Auto Driller said:

Who knew that the humble John Deere tractor was the greatest tool in modern land warfare.

Embarrassing enough, my tractor is a Kubota, and my skid steer is a New Holland. My saving grace is my John Deere lawnmower. If a motorcycle can boost a 120mm mortar, I could too. Just give me a 45 minute headstart to get out of sight.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah one of my really good friends who I fish with and shoot the shit with all the time said Putin is a god fearing Christian and is doing God's work.  I sat there and asked him if he believes it was the truth and he said Judgement day is coming and God will prove Vladimir right.  

WTF?

Just now, FartingMonk said:

Thats what I keep trying to tell people.  We have food that rots away in silos and warehouses.  We don't have the transportation

Yeah, it is a major issue. the corruption in trucking also fucks up the system. For instance, there is a bar in Dubai where every night the next days food shipments are negotiated. So much of it disappears and if you are not part of the mafia you are screwed. I never worked on the supply side, always on the distribution. Honestly it is easier, but when you are told you are getting 15 trucks and you plan on that, to receive 15 trucks half full you get a bit pissed off. Been more than 1 time after a few drinks I wanted to kick someones ass in Kabul or Dubai that worked for USAID or the UN after hearing their promises and watching them drink expensive scotch. But I have a lot of respect for the people who drive the trucks. They get hit all the time and usually get paid shit. It is not always a $200K a year contract with KBR. Most are locals who get pennies, so they sell the goods or get ransacked by bad guys. 

on that note, some of us are talking about these humanitarian corridors and they happen how do we build our organization. I am supposed to run a project in Africa and the Caribbean starting this summer, but the way this is going, I am ready to head to Poland tomorrow. The medical group I support in the Ukraine is running into supply issues. They told me today if that Western column can get 20 kilometers south then they have no way of moving wounded, sick or get supplies in. 

24 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You should probably understand that a common definition of genocide is below:

"the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group"

We had hoped that Putin's goal was NOT this.  But Putin's actions appear to be this.

And honestly, we don't need you or anyone else thread-policing this open discourse, other than keeping things from becoming cloaked up, which is in all of our best interests.

Who is thread policing? I’m stating an opinion. 

Here’s a great article about it, which frankly supports your point of view to some degree:

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/vladimir-putins-ukraine-war-is-a-blueprint-for-genocide/

My problem with using the term genocide for what has happened already is the fear it waters down what might come to pass. Flattening cities and killing civilians is not the same as genocide, any more than it’s been in any major war - especially sieges, throughout history. Specifically targeting and massacring anyone in Ukraine who does not agree that Russia and Ukraine are one people absolutely is. That hasn’t happened, yet, but the threat is real. 

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

I keep thinking this.  The moderators are cunts. Move the thread and it kills it.  They don't have anything good to add so STFU

Shut the fuck up, snowflake. Some asshole probably reported the "no cr" and that is why Hayden looked. I say that the next asshole that complains about CR or reports a post is a pussy fuck and needs the time out too. And snowflakes like you should get double. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

We didn't try to build bigger bombs we started to build one big ass warhead that can strike several targets.  MiRVs are great because we know if I can get one missile into orbit then I can crash 8 different targets.  SALT and START kinda forced is into that mindset.  For example an SSBN has 24 missiles.  But it actually has 120 if you count how many targets it can hit.  Each missile can split.  That's the danger

Yeah I mentioned Minuteman because I thought they were treaty-limited to one warhead.  The wild one to me was Peacekeeper with up to 12, but they were decommissioned.  Wasn’t sure about Trident.

I would guess the other two slots on the Minuteman bus are currently filled with penetration aids?  

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, it is a major issue. the corruption in trucking also fucks up the system. For instance, there is a bar in Dubai where every night the next days food shipments are negotiated. So much of it disappears and if you are not part of the mafia you are screwed. I never worked on the supply side, always on the distribution. Honestly it is easier, but when you are told you are getting 15 trucks and you plan on that, to receive 15 trucks half full you get a bit pissed off. Been more than 1 time after a few drinks I wanted to kick someones ass in Kabul or Dubai that worked for USAID or the UN after hearing their promises and watching them drink expensive scotch. But I have a lot of respect for the people who drive the trucks. They get hit all the time and usually get paid shit. It is not always a $200K a year contract with KBR. Most are locals who get pennies, so they sell the goods or get ransacked by bad guys. 

on that note, some of us are talking about these humanitarian corridors and they happen how do we build our organization. I am supposed to run a project in Africa and the Caribbean starting this summer, but the way this is going, I am ready to head to Poland tomorrow. The medical group I support in the Ukraine is running into supply issues. They told me today if that Western column can get 20 kilometers south then they have no way of moving wounded, sick or get supplies in. 

My parents told me of a story after they escaped the Vietnam war and were in the refugee camp in the Philippines.  When it first started out they were getting a whole chicken and a bag of rice a day.  After a few weeks it became half a chicken and half a bag of rice and kept getting smaller.  I asked if it was because the donations kept getting smaller. She said no, it was because the people running the supply routes were getting paid to sell the supplies.  I asked why they didn't say anything.  She said who can we complain to.  They would probably just kill us.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m very late but just getting around to listing to Putin’s press conference/war talk. I’ve heard him speak hundreds of times - he isn’t right. Ambling, making no sense, confusing nouns and verbs. He very well might be simply exhausted/fatigued but he sounds nothing like his normal self. 

Something to watch I guess. No one around him will do anything if he’s going nuts so that’ll be fun theater. 

Or they'll see it as the moment.

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Find better friends.

Yeah, but did you also read the part where he likes to shoot and fish? The older you get the harder it is to stand people. Sometimes you just gotta remember that ‘friendship is forgiveness’ and the tell him he’s fucking wrong and what a dumbass is he for thinking that every time he brings it up. 

Friends tell you when your fly is down.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Find better friends.

Dude no kidding.  Where the hell are they hearing this?  I’ve seen plenty of quotes and links from Fox News, doubt they’re pushing that narrative…at least until gas prices go up a dime and then it’ll be same old, and the pumps will be littered with those ‘I did this’ stickers. 

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Shut the fuck up, snowflake. Some asshole probably reported the "no cr" and that is why Hayden looked. I say that the next asshole that complains about CR or reports a post is a pussy fuck and needs the time out too. And snowflakes like you should get double. 

Fuck you and the high horse you rode on.  

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

My parents told me of a story after they escaped the Vietnam war and were in the refugee camp in the Philippines.  When it first started out they were getting a whole chicken and a bag of rice a day.  After a few weeks it became half a chicken and half a bag of rice and kept getting smaller.  I asked if it was because the donations kept getting smaller. She said no, it was because the people running the supply routes were getting paid to sell the supplies.  I asked why they didn't say anything.  She said who can we complain to.  They would probably just kill us.

Fucking A.

Lots of people who did that didn’t make it. You got some iron parents. 

Respect knuckles.👊🏻

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

It’s a GoPro. Got to get those views!

(It’s not really a GoPro, btw). 

That thing looked Semi-Pro at best, like Johnny Football.  I’d guess you could squint and see something in the dark, but not sure it’s useful for actually operating tactically or even sighting your rifle well. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah one of my really good friends who I fish with and shoot the shit with all the time said Putin is a god fearing Christian and is doing God's work.  I sat there and asked him if he believes it was the truth and he said Judgement day is coming and God will prove Vladimir right.  

I’d like to speak to him and show evidence that he’s unequivocally wrong. Unfortunately I imagine he’s so brainwashed evidence is fake news to him 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Dude no kidding.  Where the hell are they hearing this?  I’ve seen plenty of quotes and links from Fox News, doubt they’re pushing that narrative…at least until gas prices go up a dime and then it’ll be same old, and the pumps will be littered with those ‘I did this’ stickers. 

That's the funny thing.  I'm pretty far right on the conservative type of thinking.  But I'm pretty sure this is what their preachers are telling them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Constant said:

My brother and I were both 0331 machine gunners in the Marine Corps through Iraqi Freedom. We couldn’t be polar opposite’s regarding this issue. I’m about ready to go fight for Ukraine and their freedom and he’s about ready to go fight for Russia and exterminate neo-nazi’ism. It’s confusing as fuck. 

He doesn’t believe me when I tell him the Ukrainien President is jewish decent.   

48 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

cd7.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, been on overwatch for my friends there so they can sleep a bit. Usually from 9PM until 2AM. They are wrecked and tired. Said the triage reminds him of Afghanistan and the numbers are more than being reported. Also said they are running into COVID cases but there is very little O2. 

Fuck Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I’ve seen several evangelists saying this. Pat Robertson specifically, but there are others. It’s like a playbook they’re reading off of. 

It’s used regularly. The history of Christianity is littered with religious leaders making contemporary references to Revelations, starting with the first generation, who thought Jesus was returning in their lifetime. Pat Robertson has personally invoked the coming Judgement Day literally 1000s of times in his lifetime, molding whatever topical event subscribes to his definition of impending signs. 

The inclusion of Putin is interesting. I posted this over a hundred pages back, but there’s a white thing going on here. Disenfranchised white males are using support of Putin as a litmus test for belonging in their tribe. Not that you have to be white, but you better be hitting all the litmus tests with vigor and the correct response to belong. It’s another lurch in the wrong direction as far as I’m concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fucking A.

Lots of people who did that didn’t make it. You got some iron parents. 

Respect knuckles.👊🏻

There is a whole generation of Chinese that can't swim because our parents were so traumatized by water.  Think mine were stranded in the ocean for 10 days in an overcrowded boat until the US Navy happened to pass by.  Kids starved to death.  There are some things they refuse to say to this day about what happened and how they survived.  I'm not even sure I want to ask.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, been on overwatch for my friends there so they can sleep a bit. Usually from 9PM until 2AM. They are wrecked and tired. Said the triage reminds him of Afghanistan and the numbers are more than being reported. Also said they are running into COVID cases but there is very little O2. 

Fuck Putin. 

Interesting twist. I’m no historian, but is this the first war during a world wide pandemic?

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Putin. 

where are you again? if you care to answer that is. 

good luck to you and your friends. 

and indeed motherfuck putin

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Both of my brothers, one of which is married to a Belarusian (mail order), are completely supporting Russia. I sent a random text to the non Belarusian about how crazy it is and he started ranting about how they were removing the new nazi threat. 🤔 

The other one and his wife are all over fb about the threat Ukraine is to the world and Russia.

Suffice to say, I have bombarded them with all the war crime videos and talking mad shit about pootin. Zero response. Good thing it is a long time till turkey day. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

There is a whole generation of Chinese that can't swim because our parents were so traumatized by water.  Think mine were stranded in the ocean for 10 days in an overcrowded boat until the US Navy happened to pass by.  Kids starved to death.  There are some things they refuse to say to this day about what happened and how they survived.  I'm not even sure I want to ask.

Yep. Take a boat, load up with what you could and head out to sea going east and hopefully after a few days get picked up by a US boat. There are lots of stories of people doing that and almost no boat made it without some losses.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Half of America doesn't even know where Ukraine is.  We all tend to believe we give a shit but just wait for the next news story to dominate the headline.  And for as much as we want to believe everything.  The news is being awfully vague about what is happening

this.  I had a co worker send me the link that showed only 74% US are against Russia invading Ukraine. Like it was OMG OMG. Of course, 20% were "not sure".  Which means 6% were "for Russia".  I told him he wouldn't believe how many people in the US don't have a fucking clue about Ukraine or Russia and "i don't know what you are talking about" was turned into "not sure".

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I’ve seen several evangelists saying this. Pat Robertson specifically, but there are others. It’s like a playbook they’re reading off of. 

It’s used regularly. The history of Christianity is littered with religious leaders making contemporary references to Revelations, starting with the first generation, who thought Jesus was returning in their lifetime. Pat Robertson has personally invoked the coming Judgement Day literally 1000s of times in his lifetime, molding whatever topical event subscribes to his definition of impending signs. 

The inclusion of Putin is interesting. I posted this over a hundred pages back, but there’s a white thing going on here. Disenfranchised white males are using support of Putin as a litmus test for belonging in their tribe. Not that you have to be white, but you better be hitting all the litmus tests with vigor and the correct response to belong. It’s another lurch in the wrong direction as far as I’m concerned. 

Yeah.  We talk about radical islam.  Radical Christians are happening.  I see it amongst my friends and my co workers.  When you are told some foreigner is going to steal your job they start believing it.  Or if their friends didn't get hired but a minority got hired and it trickles into their mindset.  It's scary as hell.  Eventually some bad shit will happen but one of my good friends works for Boeing and he's on their helicopter project.  When I first met him he was really apolitical.  Just some random nerd.  He is off the wall crazy now when it comes to white is right.  Hell even one of my good friends I went to nuke school with and was on the submarine with.  I was a groomsmen in his wedding.  We have a core group of 9 of us that go vacation every year with or were groomsmen best man in each other's wedding.  Our buddy got married last year and said man I cant invite him he hates Mexicans and I don't want my family to whip his ass.  

• Hook 'Em 2

image.jpeg.ff341fbc1ef55a4d91d1c8606b86af89.jpeg

Dude, that young woman froze in the moment and doesn’t need to be constantly reminded of it. She actually isn’t as brainless as she sounded in that moment and it is past time this meme died.

And would like the fist of an angry god.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Both of my brothers, one of which is married to a Belarusian (mail order), are completely supporting Russia. I sent a random text to the non Belarusian about how crazy it is and he started ranting about how they were removing the new nazi threat.  
The other one and his wife are all over fb about the threat Ukraine is to the world and Russia.
Suffice to say, I have bombarded them with all the war crime videos and talking mad shit about pootin. Zero response. Good thing it is a long time till turkey day. 

I think I would just keep reminding him he had to import pussy in every disagreement.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

This thread moves really fast; I've seen that meme a dozen times but not sure if it was in this thread, the CR thread, or just on Twitter.

Yeah...I agree.  It's a really dynamic thread.  I hadn't seen it here.  I actually got it from a friend via text.  And I can't get into CR (by request).  So, I figured it would be good to post it here...

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yep. Take a boat, load up with what you could and head out to sea going east and hopefully after a few days get picked up by a US boat. There are lots of stories of people doing that and almost no boat made it without some losses.   

Yep.  So growing up and we call our uncle 1st uncle second uncle 3rd uncle and so on and so forth.  But what happens when you get curious and say hey That's uncle or aunt 1,2,3.  That's 7,8,9.  Where is 4,5, and 6.  And you get met with silence.

• Like 2