Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Posted already, the first-person view of a Ukrainian tank taking out an AFV, but comments about no  incoming fire are interesting

I saw a video upthread about getting a Russian tank. It was in the middle of an open field. Video started just before it blew up. 

If that tank was occupied then they are dumber than expected. My guess on some of these is a tank is spotted with no movement or crew observed.  They shoot because they don’t have time or effort to completely check it out and just neutralize it fastest way possible due to maybe being booby trapped. 

I don’t think the Ukrainians give a shit where the weapons are coming from as long as they getting them.

This could be a few different things,

Iranians trying to make some $ by selling to anyone

3rd party brokers being used to supply Ukraine

Iranians sticking it to the Russians 

Other countries giving their stock to Ukraine 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don’t think the Ukrainians give a shit where the weapons are coming from as long as they getting them.
This could be a few different things,
Iranians trying to make some $ by selling to anyone
3rd party brokers being used to supply Ukraine
Iranians sticking it to the Russians 
Other countries giving their stock to Ukraine 

Straight up grain for weapons?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Straight up grain for weapons?

I would bet Erdogan brokered the deal, he maybe even loaded the ordinance on grain freighters headed back to Odessa after they unloaded in a Turkish port.

To state the obvious, I think Putin read Erdogan (and separately the entire west) completely wrong on this deal. It seems like Putin thought Erdogan was going to look the other way and it has been the opposite, which is great.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reason why the US Ambassador stepped down.  I thought it was something else and was wrong.

Sullivan (who was Deputy Secretary of State before Ambassador to Moscow) is deeply, deeply respected.  There’s a reason he stayed in such a high role between admins. Of course this is deeply tragic for him. It’s equally tough news for the mission to Russia which is basically a skeleton crew after rounds of expulsions. I won’t be surprised if we decline to appoint a new ambassador as long as the war is on. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MillerEP said:

So a few things about these videos for those watching them without context like I did.

First, watch that first video. It is terrifying, but I also felt it was instructive. However, many of the things I found especially terrifying - the lack of organization, the lack of comms, the rapid change in objectives for obviously completely unprepared personnel, volunteers rushing forward while the main Ukrainian army retreats - so on and so forth - were because this was in the earliest stages of the war. I thought I was watching footage of the current offensive. 

Another thing, the guy who made this video ended up in a couple of other units, but after 4 months had to return to the United States because he caught acute bronchitis and they simply didn't have the antibiotics to properly treat it in Ukraine, for understandable reasons. He explains all of that in a separate video on his channel. So the videos he's making currently are based on his experiences there and the footage he captured, not from an active unit on the front lines. 

I'm heartened by the information coming out regarding both the attacks towards Kherson, and Balakliya. If/when the Ukrainians end up putting pressure on Izyum it's going to bring a world of hurt to the Russian military in the region.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Sullivan (who was Deputy Secretary of State before Ambassador to Moscow) is deeply, deeply respected.  There’s a reason he stayed in such a high role between admins. Of course this is deeply tragic for him. It’s equally tough news for the mission to Russia which is basically a skeleton crew after rounds of expulsions. I won’t be surprised if we decline to appoint a new ambassador as long as the war is on. 

Yes, will be hard on the mission. You should volunteer and take a group of us with you. Ya know, for shits and giggles.  DOS can PSC us. 

42 minutes ago, RPM said:

My question is did he just find those laying around after the Russians took them off to blend in or did he peel them off fresh?

I had the same thought, and then I realized I'm not sure it matters. Either they killed a bunch of elite russian troops, or those russian troops ripped off their insignia and deserted. Win/Win. 

• Hook 'Em 5