Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Speaking of Russian propaganda, from Friday:

That’s just A couple of goddamn patriots telling them like it is; that’s what that is.  I’m gonna report it though………for being awesome.  In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, to believe the genius’ plans are going well…:……and to broadcast that.  No CR, but this is part of a larger con and if you don’t see it, you’re a mark.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't understand anything in the video, but you can tell she's pissed and the Russian passengers are grossly uncomfortable.  

I haven't noticed any Russians around Austin, or they're keeping a real low profile.  It's not their fault.  There are more American enablers/supporters of the Russian invasion than there are Russians living/visiting the United States, I know that much.  And when this war is over, I hope they get sent to Ukraine with a tattoo on their forehead of the Russian flag.  

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ukrainians

What I figured.  Although in our future posts about them, we should refer to them as "Former Ukrainians."  I imagine given the atrocities committed against civilians, being a collaborator will be met with serious punishment.  And lot of those people look like they'll give up other names about 30 seconds into the interrogation.  

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I really don’t give a rat’s ass about “no CR”. If that dude is on your team, you should get fucked. Seriously, wake the fuck up you fucking morons. Your brain is being poisoned by lies.

What cracks me up about that interview is that just minutes earlier, Fox had a field reporter in Ukraine showing the Ukrainian advance into territory just recently seized by Russia and how they were going to push even farther after that with high morale.  I imagine that Fox is like every other news studio I've been in where in the hallways and backstage, there's just a slew of monitors with their own channel on so the next guy up can have a better hand-off.  But I guess he just waves that off and stares his phone streaming some bullshit Moscow news outlet?  But I guess when your ratings are that high, you can say whatever the fuck you want?  

3 hours ago, statsman said:

2. Putin is getting backed into a corner. Dictators need wins. People don’t fear losers. That said, he is dangerous. My hope is that the “west” (the US, NATO, hell, even Macron) communicate some messages to him (and other key Russians)- we know the names of the senior Russians in control of the nukes and they will be held accountable, that a nuclear escalation will not cause the west to back down but rather draw NATO troops in, that we can encourage his other neighbors to start encroachments, basically that he is losing and an escalation on his part will bring a greater defeat. Hopefully, we are also pressuring China to stay back. 
3. Does the west need to provide Putin a graceful exit? Maybe this? “Ukraine gets all its territory back (including Crimea). It gets all its children back. You (Putin) get to spin it to Russia as you like, and the west won’t officially claim otherwise.” That’s a tough one for him, causing internal turmoil, but by now he should know that it’s easier to kill Russians than Ukrainians. This is a much worse deal for him than he initially imagined, but I think it’s going to look better and better for him as time passes. 

It’s been made publicly clear, and most likely privately, that nukes are off the table and will involve NATO, but at this point he can’t even field tactical nukes without nuking his own troops or pro-Russian Ukrainians and/or it drifting across the border into Russia.  The fact that Russian state TV has backed way off the nuke bandwagon and no longer talks about nuking Britain or the U.S. speaks volumes.   I think Putin knows that nukes will turn China and India against him - anybody supporting Russia after they use nukes will most likely face the same sanctions as Russia does.  If he was going to, it would  have been after Kyiv or even Kharkiv being liberated.   Those were clear signs that Ukraine was not going to go down quietly.

I used to think he needed an off-ramp, but he controls the state media and he’s been having Russians who speak out against him rounded up, and we’ve seen a lot of odd deaths involving rich/higher-ranking Russians, so he’s not fully backed into a corner yet, and he still controls the narrative.

Even though some people are dying mysteriously, people like Alexei Navalny are still alive, and Putin has yet to declare war and mass mobilize (including Moscow and St. Petersburg) which means Putin is not fully confident of his power.

I think mass mobilization will be a red line for many Russians, particularly those in the largest cities.  At this point, any Russian male who wanted to serve has already seen a hefty financial incentive to do so, and anybody who didn’t sign up, is not going to be dragged off  and I’m not talking about those who are waiting to be conscripted - those guys know they will have to serve regardless, and that in theory they can’t be forced to fight in Ukraine.   Declaring war (needed to force conscripts to fight) and mass mobilization will get people in the streets, and at this point, I doubt the FSB and Rosgvardiya have the numbers needed to put down large uprisings, given that many of their paramilitary units have been chewed up in Ukraine.

With that manifesto out of the way, I do think things get dicey for Putin if he loses Crimea.  Right now, if he pulled all of his troops that are in the DPR and LPR areas and put them in Crimea, I think he might be able to hold it for a long while.  The water situation gets dicey (not just the everyday uses of water for drinking, bathing, cooking, etc.) because if he can’t get fresh water into Crimea, Crimea can’t grow much, which means not only bringing water in, but bringing a lot more foodstuffs in.

My little contribution to the OSINT folks is occasionally watching some of the English-speaking Russian vloggers on YouTube and sending in interesting bits of info, and the Russian-based YouTube community (those actually in Russia) are all keenly aware that shit is going way, way badly for Russia in Ukraine.  They are openly talking about it.  Granted, these are English-language videos targeted towards western audiences,  but they clearly are able to access information from outside of Russia, and the same tools they use can be used by other Russians with even a little bit of tech knowledge. And we know Telegram and other Russian channels are full of all kinds of doom and gloom from Russian soldiers. Not sure where I was going with that, but just that many Russians are not really in the dark, even if Putin controls the media, but they go along with things for now.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

13 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Ok my hopes are getting entirely too high now. Where is Brisket to get me back on the ledge?

The beauty of the Ukrainians saying that, is that if it’s true, it’s a great sign to the West and a bad sign to the Russians following non-Russian media. 

But if it’s misinformation, there are still going to be a shitload of Russian civilians, enlisted, and junior officers who are distrustful of their leadership, and they will be thinking “motherfucking senior officers were going to save their families, but not mine, and they were going to leave us hanging high and dry while we bought them or their families time to escape, and they weren’t going to tell us.”  

Which means those civilians, enlisted, and junior officers might panic and literally cause the very thing that the Ukrainians were claiming was happening.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Rumors heating up that the RU National Guard has closed the ring road around Moscow. Last happened in 1991 coup attempt.

think that was for some celebration yesterday or the day before. nothing about that today that I've seen (so far).

edit: found a link:

Edited by The Dog

Does it make any sense at all to just leave the forces and staff behind but not also just end the hostilities?

If you are a front line Russian soldier and you now hear that there are no reinforcements coming, the Military leaders are fleeing Crimea and the supply lines are gone and you know how many of your comrades have been lost in the previous week, how much is that crew going to fight?

This just seems to be done now except for the announcements.

Not a lot of data points, but what we are shown by the media and Twitter is that captured Russians are being treated humanely.  I hope that's true.

Ukraine can utilize that.  Put it out on all the channels, "Drop your weapons and come out with your hands up.  We'll treat you by the highest Geneva Convention standards.  Your nightmare is over."

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, statsman said:

4. So much of physics and chemistry involves systems requiring the right input in order to get to a more stable equilibrium. It has been clear for months that the removal of one man (Putin) puts the entire section of the globe in a far more stable (safe and prosperous) equilibrium. When will Russia make the right input?

Looking at Armenia, possibly Georgia, and lord knows what other feud in that region, it is sadly looking like a painful path to get to equilibrium over there. Hope you’re right though. 

45 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Isn't Putin supposed to be at his place in Sochi?  I guess that he could have returned to Moscow, but surrounding Moscow without him in it doesn't make sense to me.

That's what happen in 1991.  The plotters launched a coup while Gorbachev was at his vacation house in the Crimea.  They shut down Moscow, seized the television and radio stations, declared martial law, and put out a statement that Gorbachev was ill and had resigned.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's what happen in 1991.  The plotters launched a coup while Gorbachev was at his vacation house in the Crimea.  They shut down Moscow, seized the television and radio stations, declared martial law, and put out a statement that Gorbachev was ill and had resigned.

Ah, ok.  I didn't remember it going down that way.  Thanks.

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Georgia is still pissed after that 2008 steamrolling they took.  those 2 breakaway provinces might want to consider renegotiating their positions before Georgia just says fuck it and takes it back by force..... which would be a serious problem for the U.S. as they are staunch U.S. supporters. 

They should be…. after the Longhorns beat their ass in the Sugar Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3