Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'm as hawkish as any about us getting involved (even to the point of going hot over this if the right circumstances exist), but to be quite frank, this is accurate.  We won't be doing anything about it, and if it plays out in the worst case scenario even then I doubt we would actively do anything beyond upping our current support level for the Ukrainians.  That's a shit deal for the Ukrainians, and I don't like it one bit.  

What could we do? Let's be honest. And I am a Hawk like you, but this is an are that scares me. 

I don't think Russia will do it. Putin maybe, and perhaps he has a back channel to groups on the ground. But not their MOD. Not some Colonel. 

We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This flap over accounting could be as simple as DoD leadership wanting to brag about the highest numbers possible internationally to prod other nations to donate. But now that further Hill support isn’t a given, we’re looking for ways to keep the sugar flowing. 

Anyway, it’s a gift horse. 

• Hook 'Em 6

There’s a big Ukraine reconstruction conference in London today and we pledged 1.3 billion while the UK pledged 3. I’m glad to see a kind-of European nation leading, although to be frank— Washington has more credit in Brussels, Paris and Berlin than a Tory London. 

But Ukraine needs a Marshall Plan. And the EU needs to lead. This is a good fist step. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s a big Ukraine reconstruction conference in London today and we pledged 1.3 billion while the UK pledged 3. I’m glad to see a kind-of European nation leading, although to be frank— Washington has more credit in Brussels, Paris and Berlin than a Tory London. 
But Ukraine needs a Marshall Plan. And the EU needs to lead. This is a good fist step. 

I think there will be a lot of effort put in - once this is over, it's in Europe's best interests to help Ukraine develop its offshore energy resources, and after this, Russia will be kept in check (and most likely Moldova will be resolved as well). Georgia is kind of screwed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Russia straight up allowing criminals and mentally ill, etc. in the military.  Before it was just Wagner.  Probably prepping for a mobilization, but it also speaks volumes about how much of a drain this has been on young men, if they are having to open the ranks up to criminals and the "partially fit".

• Hook 'Em 7

Full text: 

You should be always careful what Prigozhin says but in one thing I’m pretty sure that he is right on spot. The Russian command and especially the Kremlin are constantly fed lies by their subordinates.  In reference to Putin this is absolute certain because he removed all advisors around him who would have warned him about this war in the first place. In such atmosphere every wrong decision is only succeeded by a worse decision, until everything breaks apart.

Even though Prigozhin’s primary intention is becoming the leader of Russia, he also points exactly this development out. The counteroffensive is far more complex then moving troops from one village to another one. We have seen how Ukrainian long range weapons eliminated several bases and logistics centers.

The bulk of the Ukrainian army still hasn’t moved a bit and Russians are already having all hands full to deal with the situation as it is right now. When you reflect all of this you can safely say that Prigozhin’s rant is likely genuine and this comes only after a day when Strelkov mentioned Russia’s demise as well. But aside from attacking his political opponents such as Shoigu he offers no real alternative. He is part of the system (and problem), like Strelkov. The Russian regime elements are at each other’s throats and it will end with many of them being fenestrated, sooner or later.

---

fenestrated?

fetish GIF by FirstAndMonday

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

How'd you get the turret into the ground, dad?

What?  That? No.  I was just tilling the fields for some fish for you, mom, and uh..........

Audrey, dad?  

Sure, Audrey.  Sure.  

Think Putin will buy it?

Go to bed, Rusty. 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1