Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If the Russian elites are going to start getting prison sentences for stealing from the state, that pretty much destroys the social contract Putin has established amongst his cadre of thieves.

No, it doesn't.   Failure = charges filed.   Don't be in the military and you don't have to worry about being a thief.

• Hook 'Em 1

Car with Russian FSB and military officers blown up in Kherson region The explosion occurred in temporarily occupied Oleshky. As a result, one FSB officer was eliminated, the second is still in intensive care in serious condition. Three military officers who were accompanying them in the car were wounded
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

During our call, @Netanyahu

and I discussed how to ensure that the visa-free functions fully for Ukrainian citizens, as well as how to secure the safety of Hasidic Jews on their yearly pilgrimage to Uman.

Ukraine has always warmly welcomed pilgrims and took responsibility for their safety. Given the threat of Russian missiles and Iranian drones, this year’s pilgrimage comes with high security risks.

Our bomb shelters have a capacity for around 11 thousand people. Swift joint action is required to ensure the safety of more people. We also discussed ways for Israel to support Ukraine in countering Russian aggression, as well as the international cooperation between our states.

Is it just me, or does he look like he's lost about 25 lbs in that vid from even recent pics/videos?? 

16 hours ago, PTINS said:

I'll try; Perhaps it is a "pressure switch" of sorts.

Drone flies at ~ 2,000 ft?, atmospheric pressure is ~ 1 PSI less than at ground level.

Water jug is ~ 12" diameter, 113 square inches.

Jug nozzle is restricted down to ~ 1 square inch, pressure exceeds 100 PSI at ground level.

Drone flies from ground to 2,000 ft, higher pressure "heavy" air in jug is displaced w/ lower pressure "light" air,

As mine is dropped from 2000 ft,  the pressure in the jug increases at it gets closer to the ground, activating the pressure switch > 100 PSI, boom. 

Um...so how do they launch the drone? Or set the "fuse?" They'd have to be assembled on the ground. Pretty sure it's just to keep the mine from flipping around in the air to make sure it lands on a particular spot. The smaller pole also looks like it has little fan blades in the tip which would also suggest they're for stability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Is it just me, or does he look like he's lost about 25 lbs in that vid from even recent pics/videos?? 

Are you referring to the initial image in the beginning of the "where will you be in 5 years" video?  It's date stamped 2018.  To me he has clearly aged in the recent video images accompanying the montage and gained 25.  Maybe my sarcasm meter is off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Car with Russian FSB and military officers blown up in Kherson region The explosion occurred in temporarily occupied Oleshky. As a result, one FSB officer was eliminated, the second is still in intensive care in serious condition. Three military officers who were accompanying them in the car were wounded

How very convenient that the explosion was filmed. 

In all seriousness, that seems as risky as fuck if it was a partisan filming their own handiwork but also must make the Russians nervous as shit knowing they could get blowed up at any time.

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

How very convenient that the explosion was filmed. 

In all seriousness, that seems as risky as fuck if it was a partisan filming their own handiwork but also must make the Russians nervous as shit knowing they could get blowed up at any time.

It is not rare. In Iraq and Afghanistan it was a routine to show a hit. Shit, image the cool films we would have if the French and Polish Resistance had smart phones in WW2. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Are you referring to the initial image in the beginning of the "where will you be in 5 years" video?  It's date stamped 2018.  To me he has clearly aged in the recent video images accompanying the montage and gained 25.  Maybe my sarcasm meter is off.

Yeah, the date stamp on the twitter post is from recent, so I just looked at the pic and didn't watch the video yet since I was on a conference call.  That's my bad.  I was basically saying it looked like he got real sick real quick or something because he is muscularly bigger than that now, and has a lot of tired aging going on right now.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If the Russian elites are going to start getting prison sentences for stealing from the state, that pretty much destroys the social contract Putin has established amongst his cadre of thieves.

That's not how this kind of social contact works.

By being in on the grift, that's not just how Putin keeps his cronies in line, but also how he can throw them under the bus if he needs to.

Putin has conversations with them well in advance of a move like this. The ones who aren't targeted all get to hear from him a story about how the target has failed to fall in line, and has even threatened their existing agreement. Yes, the target has threatened to expose YOU. Tried to report you to me! But I know you are my good friend and would not do such a thing. He lies, and will be punished for attempting to throw you, my good friend, under the bus.

Something like that. YOU are special. HE thinks he can abuse the privilege, to the point of hurting you. I am benevolently protecting you, and I'm on to his tricks.

If you... don't believe Putin, you know you must act as if you do, or else you will be the next target yourself.

THIS is the contract.

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Russian Brazzers casting is different than I thought.

Maybe she's a die hard Russian patriot scumbag.  

Maybe she's just someone trying to make her way in a shitty country, whose husband got caught up in a war neither of them wanted or had any control over.  A war they couldn't say a thing against or they'd wind up in jail or dead.  I have to imagine if my spouse got hauled off to die in a war for some kleptocrat's ego, I'd probably lose my shit too.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The unfortunate thing about the russian oligarch system is the US and the IMF knew oligarchs would be created under Yeltsin as he divvied out valuable economic entities to his backers but backed a plan that laid the groundwork for it, long-term consequences be damned.

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

During our call, @Netanyahu

and I discussed how to ensure that the visa-free functions fully for Ukrainian citizens, as well as how to secure the safety of Hasidic Jews on their yearly pilgrimage to Uman.

Ukraine has always warmly welcomed pilgrims and took responsibility for their safety. Given the threat of Russian missiles and Iranian drones, this year’s pilgrimage comes with high security risks.

Our bomb shelters have a capacity for around 11 thousand people. Swift joint action is required to ensure the safety of more people. We also discussed ways for Israel to support Ukraine in countering Russian aggression, as well as the international cooperation between our states.

No CR but I was speaking with my friend Alanis Morisette and she said, isn't it ironic that the extreme left in the US, along with the extreme libertarians and the fox news republicans all believe there's some Jewish plot to support Ukraine and take down Russia, but Israel herself is lodged with its tongue firmly up Putin's ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

All those years that Alex Jones spent on Austin Public Access TV, followed by his InfoWars/YouTube fame, talking about how the government is conspiring against everybody and covering up all kinds of shit, and yet he fucking bought into the Russian side of things.

If somebody was going to come out of Austin Public Access TV with a massive following, instead of Alex Jones, why couldn't it have been Reverend Ricky, who even had a time slot next to Jones? The toilet seat around the head and the obsession with The Beatles was entertaining, and innocent.

reverendricky.jpg.aeac6104f18d2c21ec3c385a7c522ee1.jpg

Below is NSFW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

All those years that Alex Jones spent on Austin Public Access TV, followed by his InfoWars/YouTube fame, talking about how the government is conspiring against everybody and covering up all kinds of shit, and yet he fucking bought into the Russian side of things.

If somebody was going to come out of Austin Public Access TV with a massive following, instead of Alex Jones, why couldn't it have been Reverend Ricky, who even had a time slot next to Jones? The toilet seat around the head and the obsession with The Beatles was entertaining, and innocent.

reverendricky.jpg.aeac6104f18d2c21ec3c385a7c522ee1.jpg

Below is NSFW

• Hook 'Em 1

The guy that runs this site is a bit of a nutter (at least that's my opinion) but often times he has some statistical insights that are interesting.

This article is about scaling al swarm drones for combat use (meet skynet folks) and anticipated mass production in the next 24 months.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2023/09/replicator-program-will-scale-up-to-thousands-of-smart-ai-combat-drones-within-24-months.html

This article is about converting F-16's to unmanned combat support craft

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2023/09/autonomous-supersonic-wingmen-drones-could-be-ai-enabled-f-16s.html

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

The Russian strategy of putting stuff in a wide open field continues to be a strong one.  Command, "See that big open field with no cover for miles, yeah, just park there and set up shop."  

I'm betting average Russian kids playing hide and seek are awful at it.  

Air defense systems are caught between a rock and a hard place in that they cannot effectively use their radar nor launch their missiles from a tree line or other cover.  They have to be in the open to work well.

The hardened drones are perfect for taking on SAM systems.  They are small, so they are less detectable both visually and on radar.  If they are stealthy enough, even the SAM operators may not know that they are in the area until shit starts blowing up.  I love it when the missiles turn into huge, scary bottle rockets.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Air defense systems are caught between a rock and a hard place in that they cannot effectively use their radar nor launch their missiles from a tree line or other cover.  They have to be in the open to work well.

The hardened drones are perfect for taking on SAM systems.  They are small, so they are less detectable both visually and on radar.  If they are stealthy enough, even the SAM operators may not know that they are in the area until shit starts blowing up.  I love it when the missiles turn into huge, scary bottle rockets.

Not trying to give them any ideas mind you, but I might try some attempt at camo rather than just be plainly obvious in a field.  

I remember a few days ago when the Ukes blew up the helicopter ammo depot with himars, thinking, you know, if it were me I would do my damnedest not to a have concentration vehicles anywhere.  But the Russians seem to have no issue doing this, with disastrous results.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Re Cuba publicly calling out Russia, there was an interesting take from a Cuba expert on NPR yesterday.  The short version is that he says it's all for show.  Cuba still needs Russia, but this is a way for them to show the world they are distancing somewhat from Russia.  But in reality, they're as close as ever and this is just making sure they can maintain some ties to the West.  

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/06/1197824605/cuba-accuses-russia-of-quietly-recruiting-its-citizens-into-the-war-in-ukraine

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Um...so how do they launch the drone? Or set the "fuse?" They'd have to be assembled on the ground. Pretty sure it's just to keep the mine from flipping around in the air to make sure it lands on a particular spot. The smaller pole also looks like it has little fan blades in the tip which would also suggest they're for stability.

e70cc8cc-cbc0-4112-8a00-c1e1276c39cc_tex

As a true surly poster, if you disagree with me, it is my fault for not explaining it properly, because I'm never wrong.

I don't disagree the jug could be used for stability, but why not fins?

No argument here, just clarification.

In my scenario, a "check valve/vacumn breaker" is installed that only allows air to flow from the jug out, not from the outside into the jug, i.e., the jug cannot "breath".

(i) On the ground, atmospheric pressure in the jug = pressure on the mine "button", the mine is "unarmed".

(ii) At peak altitude, atmospheric pressure in the jug is still equal to the pressure on the mine "button", the mine is still "unarmed".  But, the pressure at altitude is ~ 1 PSI less than the pressure on the ground. The jug volume and pressure are fixed.

(iii) As the mine is dropped and falling, the atmospheric pressure on the outside increases, the jug starts to collapse, and the pressure inside of the jug increases. The surface area of the jug >> the surface area on the mine "button", so there is a disproportionate increase in pressure at the mine button as it falls, eventually reaching ~ 100+ PSI. The mine is "armed", but not necessarily triggered.

(iv) The second tube w/ the blades at the end, could be a turbine that generates an electronic pulse, which acts as a trigger for the armed mine.

19 hours ago, Rimbo said:

That's not how this kind of social contact works.

By being in on the grift, that's not just how Putin keeps his cronies in line, but also how he can throw them under the bus if he needs to.

Putin has conversations with them well in advance of a move like this. The ones who aren't targeted all get to hear from him a story about how the target has failed to fall in line, and has even threatened their existing agreement. Yes, the target has threatened to expose YOU. Tried to report you to me! But I know you are my good friend and would not do such a thing. He lies, and will be punished for attempting to throw you, my good friend, under the bus.

Something like that. YOU are special. HE thinks he can abuse the privilege, to the point of hurting you. I am benevolently protecting you, and I'm on to his tricks.

If you... don't believe Putin, you know you must act as if you do, or else you will be the next target yourself.

THIS is the contract.

the-untouchables.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1