Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Does the ATACMS range push Russian helicopters out of fuel range to attack Ukraine at all?

ETA

And does the ATACMS have enough range to hit the Kertch bridge?  If so I presume the UKA will take it out?

I don't think these have the range for the bridge unless Ukraine moves in closer (and if Ukraine gets that close they may leave the bridge open for Russian refugees)

But if the ones we sent have a range of 100 miles, 160km,  well they aren't going to be right up on the front lines, but even 25 miles back from the lines, they can severely restrict where the Russians can keep decent numbers of helicopters.    75 miles = 125 km (roughly).  That's a round-trip of at least 250 km, and if you toss in another 50km-100km because there will probably be geographic concerns (the bases will probably be farther back now), plus payload weight, plus hover times, you can put a serious crimp in a lot of what they do.

If they try to do that ferry thing where they move forward fueling points up near the front, that puts those fuel trucks within normal HIMARS range, not to mention drones would make short work of fuel trucks.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

"These ATACAMs are beyond their shelf life and listed for disposal. I elected to dispose of them in Ukraine. They are expired and thus have no value. QED I can give them to Ukraine without counting it against congressional spending limits."
- Biden, probably.

image.gif.43a3a6838725599a42cdd309ecda16dc.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Here's an article from DW about a screening of the movie '20 Days in Mariupol'. Ukraine has submitted it as their entry for the foreign picture Oscar.

It's being screened at the Holocaust Museum in Houston on Thursday (October 19) at 6:30pm:

https://www.dw.com/en/20-days-in-mariupol-director-fight-in-ukraine-goes-on/a-67098333

https://fotofest.org/20-days-in-mariupol

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

"These ATACAMs are beyond their shelf life and listed for disposal. I elected to dispose of them in Ukraine. They are expired and thus have no value. QED I can give them to Ukraine without counting it against congressional spending limits."
- Biden, probably.

I'm not a fan of tricks like that, but I'll begrudgingly support it.

• Hook 'Em 5

55 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Here's an article from DW about a screening of the movie '20 Days in Mariupol'. Ukraine has submitted it as their entry for the foreign picture Oscar.

It's being screened at the Holocaust Museum in Houston on Thursday (October 19) at 6:30pm:

https://www.dw.com/en/20-days-in-mariupol-director-fight-in-ukraine-goes-on/a-67098333

https://fotofest.org/20-days-in-mariupol

Thanks for this info. I'm going down to planet Houston for the game this weekend. Gonna see if I can swing leaving a day earlier and catch this.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

- Biden, probably.

For_A-Few_Dollars_More.thumb.jpg.e47f861f0cbea87beb44d7e4decc9df6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

To the north of Avdiivka, the Russian military lost no less than 63 units of military equipment, - DeepState. Vitalii Barabash, the head of the Avdiivka Military Academy, stated that "this is the largest offensive that has ever been carried out on Avdiivka during all the times of the war, starting in 2014. But this is not the end of the story they started on October 10."

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

question: this entire thread is basically links to tweets showing good things for UKR and bad things for Russia. Are there tweets showing Russia blowing up UKR shit/people and y'all just don't post them here? Or is there not that type of content on Twitter?

true detective GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

question: this entire thread is basically links to tweets showing good things for UKR and bad things for Russia. Are there tweets showing Russia blowing up UKR shit/people and y'all just don't post them here? Or is there not that type of content on Twitter?

There were some early on in the war.  One of a Russian tank rolling up on some Ukrainians and firing on them point blank in particular is etched into my mind.

But mainly I think Ukraine has better OpSec than Russia and plays a harder info war game.  They know it does no good to show their own folks getting blown up so they don't.  That pic of the farmer blown up on his tractor yesterday was rough though, but it has a propaganda purpose as well to release it.  I also question the Russian's ability to deliver such info.  We've seen in the past, when they have it they will release it. Case in point when those Leopards and Bradleys got blown up early in the most recent offensive.  But they released it 30 ways from 30 different angles, which just screams "we don't have much to put out there."

This is all just arm chair warrior shit though.  I'm sure there are those who know more who'll chime in.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

There were some early on in the war.  One of a Russian tank rolling up on some Ukrainians and firing on them point blank in particular is etched into my mind.

But mainly I think Ukraine has better OpSec than Russia and plays a harder info war game.  They know it does no good to show their own folks getting blown up so they don't.  That pic of the farmer blown up on his tractor yesterday was rough though, but it has a propaganda purpose as well to release it.  I also question the Russian's ability to deliver such info.  We've seen in the past, when they have it they will release it. Case in point when those Leopards and Bradleys got blown up early in the most recent offensive.  But they released it 30 ways from 30 different angles, which just screams "we don't have much to put out there."

This is all just arm chair warrior shit though.  I'm sure there are those who know more who'll chime in.

I just seems wildly inconsistent with how they've operated in the past for them to not try and leverage online platforms to drive the narrative. They can't put cameras on their drones and upload the videos? That seems crazy to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I just seems wildly inconsistent with how they've operated in the past for them to not try and leverage online platforms to drive the narrative. They can't put cameras on their drones and upload the videos? That seems crazy to me.

marvel-is-it-though.gif

Yeah, it SEEMS crazy.  But we're talking about a country whose 3 day war of choice is now on day 600+, and which is currently working backwards into 1960s and 50s stocks of equipment, with essentially uneducated serfs being used at meat bags thrown at ATACMS and HIMARS.  

Is it really that cray?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It's out there for sure.  There are only a few things I will intentionally post (I have goofed before) relating to Russian attacks, and those are to show atrocities committed.  Both sides take losses in a war, but I'm not going looking for their victories, and I'm not deliberately promoting them.  Call that bias or whatever.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

A lot of their information is posted on Telegram and their own internal social media networks. They really give zero fucks what the west thinks, and it is hard for people to post. 

A lot of negative things are posted about events in ukraine, but their people are better at framing it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

It's out there for sure.  There are only a few things I will intentionally post (I have goofed before) relating to Russian attacks, and those are to show atrocities committed.  Both sides take losses in a war, but I'm not going looking for their victories, and I'm not deliberately promoting them.  Call that bias or whatever.  

I agree. Due to the moral lens through which I see this war, I don't particularly want to post videos of Ukrainian soldiers getting killed and I don't seek these out. However, I'll post information about Ukrainian losses if I see it. An additional factor is that when I have seen or even posted videos of Ukrainian losses, it often turns out to be from months or weeks ago and not reflective of anything current, which diminishes its value even further to the point that there's no reason to post it. The Russians and their supporters on Twitter often seem to be desperate to put out counter-programming, which results in them using old footage or even videos of Russian losses that they claim are Ukrainian. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

A lot of their information is posted on Telegram and their own internal social media networks. They really give zero fucks what the west thinks, and it is hard for people to post. 

A lot of negative things are posted about events in ukraine, but their people are better at framing it. 

Decades - if not centuries - of practice framing negative issues as positives is culturally embedded now.  At any given time you must be able to say to the powers that be that knocking on your door, "But no, don't you see?  I am SUPPORTING mother Russia!"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I agree. Due to the moral lens through which I see this war, I don't particularly want to post videos of Ukrainian soldiers getting killed and I don't seek these out. However, I'll post information about Ukrainian losses if I see it. An additional factor is that when I have seen or even posted videos of Ukrainian losses, it often turns out to be from months or weeks ago and not reflective of anything current, which diminishes its value even further to the point that there's no reason to post it. The Russians and their supporters on Twitter often seem to be desperate to put out counter-programming, which results in them using old footage or even videos of Russian losses that they claim are Ukrainian. 

I self-censored one time on bad things happening to Ukrainians early on in the counteroffensive. It showed a group of Ukrainian soldiers splayed out in a patch of tall grass after they got caught in a minefield. An APC pulled up with some medics and others attempting to assist. One of them hopped out and stepped on a land mine. Another, while attempting to pull in an injured Ukrainian soldier, did the same. One of their legs fell off. It was heinous.

I didn't post it necessarily out of not trying to show the Ukrainians in a bad light but because it was so fucking awful.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Go to r/combatfootage and scroll controversial. 

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Serbs already went over. It is part of the Pan-Slavic brotherhood. The White Wolves (Russians) went to fight for Serbia against Bosnia. Pretty ruthless fuckers. 

Back when it started. 

A year ago. This one is quite interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I self-censored one time on bad things happening to Ukrainians early on in the counteroffensive. It showed a group of Ukrainian soldiers splayed out in a patch of tall grass after they got caught in a minefield. An APC pulled up with some medics and others attempting to assist. One of them hopped out and stepped on a land mine. Another, while attempting to pull in an injured Ukrainian soldier, did the same. One of their legs fell off. It was heinous.

I didn't post it necessarily out of not trying to show the Ukrainians in a bad light but because it was so fucking awful.

I saw one I almost posted.  Dude got hit in the chest so hard his head popped off like a tank turret.  It wasn't a close up shot but just the idea of it was pretty horrific, but in a dark dark shaggy way.   I don't want anyone to die or be in pain, and I mean that, anyone.  But if there have to be deaths and pain, let it be on the folks responsible. (not sure Russian meat squads are those folks deserving of the grim death) but it is what it is.   Did not post it.

The ones that seem to bother me the most are the drone drops on soldiers alone and already wounded in a ditch looking up at the little machine that will end them.  They looks so small, alone, and scared, you see the grenade drop, explode, and you see them writhe in pain then lie still.  Senseless death.

Fuck Putin

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

At least the Honduran equipment would be stored correctly. 

Filled with blow?

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1