Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Kadyrov: "If we have even one person going to unsanctioned riots, we should detain and imprison them. Or fire three warning shots in the air and after that, if the person does not comply with the law, fire the fourth shot in the forehead. They won't come out anymore. This is my order."

Something that in any other country would sound outrageous and just generally insane is absolutely normal in Russia.

------

Apparently Putin seemed confused/disturbed by the riots, there was a security conference meeting or something today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

First half is Ukraine. Second half is Israel/Hamas. No

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Weiss talks to Anthony Tingle who was on the front lines in Ukraine recently.

He found that Ukrainians were:

1. Deathly afraid of racing drones that Russia got from China.  They can go over 100mph and can drop a grenade before you know it. They have a hard time shooting them down.

2. Ukranian ingenuity is allowing them to make drones for their own use but they need more and better.

3. The body armor they have isn't worth a shit. 

4. They need thermal sights and better kit.

5. They wonder if the US and NATO would be better off helping them set up drone manufacturing factories in the west so they can make more and better high quality drones and not rely on NATO.

100 mph quadcopters dropping grenades… fuck. Fuck you china. just attack Taiwan already and get fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

1. Deathly afraid of racing drones that Russia got from China.  They can go over 100mph and can drop a grenade before you know it. They have a hard time shooting them down.

Bear in mind my limited experience with drones was getting trained to fly them in Iraq in 2006, but it's hard for me to imagine a drone being both fast AND quiet enough to escape detection. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

Bear in mind my limited experience with drones was getting trained to fly them in Iraq in 2006, but it's hard for me to imagine a drone being both fast AND quiet enough to escape detection. 

And I can't imagine they are dropping them with much accuracy. More of a terror weapon, I'd guess. But I'm sure they work well for their intended purpose. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

On the subject of drones, Liberty Ukraine does a lot of fundraising to send drones to the Ukrainian troops. 

yes, they raise a lot of funds. There is an event at a winery in DrippingSprings on November 5th. Will see if I can find the link. You can donate to drones or to hospitals. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

On the subject of drones, Liberty Ukraine does a lot of fundraising to send drones to the Ukrainian troops. 

The first time I skimmed your post I thought you wrote Liberty University, and I thought "Well that sounds like a scam". Liberty Ukraine makes a lot more sense. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I don't want to repeat some of the stuff going around because it feels like wish casting, but this is apparently the meeting that some are claiming shows things are getting  out of control a bit, specifically that the Dagestan riots caught them off-guard, and it's bothering them because they are worried it could happen elsewhere.  It's not that they are going after Jews, it's that it's a situation where local security forces were overwhelmed by the mob.

I'd love to see the full meeting's transcript.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't want to repeat some of the stuff going around because it feels like wish casting, but this is apparently the meeting that some are claiming shows things are getting  out of control a bit, specifically that the Dagestan riots caught them off-guard, and it's bothering them because they are worried it could happen elsewhere.  It's not that they are going after Jews, it's that it's a situation where local security forces were overwhelmed by the mob.

I'd love to see the full meeting's transcript.

It looks just like any other miserable Monday morning staff meeting I've attended.  Come to think of it, most of the time everyone's boss is some insane asshole with unrealistic thoughts and expectations.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It looks just like any other miserable Monday morning staff meeting I've attended.  Come to think of it, most of the time everyone's boss is some insane asshole with unrealistic thoughts and expectations.  

They all look like they are out of ideas, like no Christmas bonuses for them.

• Hook 'Em 1