Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Trying to keep up while at work. Two comments to @MillerEP posts. 

First. So going to bring in African, Syrian and maybe Latin American troops for citizenship. Don't see that many Europeans taking that on. 

Second. Hey Yuri, I dare you to snag that weapon. Yuri says ok, and nails it. 

Thanks for the posts. Appreciate what you are doing to keep us informed. 

1 minute ago, Pods said:

If you want something really infectious, take any that might be able to be influential and give them the Boris Yeltsin grocery store treatment. Let them see how everyday people in the West live compared to the bulk of the population of Russia. 

Remind them that the reasons THEY don't get to live like that are the kleptocrats stealing from them.

Their quality of life only goes up when they point their guns back at the kleptocrats. The sooner they realize that, the better. 

Field trips for any who show even a bit of doubt about Russia. 1 week just at a US base with the commissary should do it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

“When they attack Kharkiv and Kyiv?” Umm, fellas….you already did that. Your great prize ended up being both cities remaining relatively intact and in Ukrainian hands, with tens of thousands of Russian corpses in the field.
Please, continue to repeat that victory.
It’s getting quite difficult to argue against the complete extermination of the Russian state. It is a genocidal bullying state that does not value life and never has (remember, they were just FINE with the Nazis, so long as they had each other’s back).
And yes, Russia should be expelled from the UN Security Council. It was not on it in the first place, and sure as shit doesn’t belong there.
Finally, I love that Putin is having to put up air defenses in Moscow. I hope that his intel is informing him that Ukraine is developing homegrown missiles that can strike that far. Here’s hoping that the residents of Moscow, who support a genocidal war of extermination against Ukraine, begin to taste their own medicine. Russia set the rules: it’s total war. Time for Russians, who think this war is so great, to start dying in their homes, on their streets. Cast evil into the universe? It will come home to roost. Enjoy. Want it to end? It’s amazingly easy: withdraw from Ukraine and stop attacking it.

The first target should be this studio:

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So going to level all of Ukraine? Nice guys for sure. Perhaps these talking heads should volunteer for the front. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

It’s a truly fucked up world when there isn’t unanimous support for Ukraine. 

There's always going to be people who are contrarians for one reason or another (historical, politics, ancestry, being assholes, etc.).

I don't have a problem as long as their opinions are not based on shaky grounds (i.e. "Putin might nuke us" "Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union" "We should take care of Americans first, before we do it for another country" "Ukrainians are Nazis" etc.).

The problem for them is that so few of those opinions against supporting Ukraine are based on solid reasoning.  It's almost always bullshit talking points from Moscow or just "I don't like the people supporting Ukraine so I'm supporting Russia" crap.

This should be as clearcut as us going into Afghanistan, but instead those opposed want to make it into a Iraq 2003 situation where a lot of shaky evidence and flimsy reasons were used to invade, with no clear exit strategy- not that Afghanistan had one, but we had already pledged to pull out a few years before we actually did, and we thought that a solid 15 or 20 years of being in Afghanistan and training hundreds of thousands police/military/security forces would be enough.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Hell yeah! Hope we show them something other than Fort Sill and Oklahoma though! 

(I know it is where we train on these systems, just messing around, but not really.) 

I bet they look good getting off the bus /fieldmarshalMack

14 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Trying to keep up while at work. Two comments to @MillerEP posts. 

First. So going to bring in African, Syrian and maybe Latin American troops for citizenship. Don't see that many Europeans taking that on. 

Second. Hey Yuri, I dare you to snag that weapon. Yuri says ok, and nails it. 

Thanks for the posts. Appreciate what you are doing to keep us informed. 

I would expect the bulk of their newly minted citizens will be coming from the Central Asian republics. Uzbeks and Tajiks have long been the unskilled workforce that sweeps Moscow streets and washes dishes. They’re closer, they’re often already in the country, and the language barrier and culture is close. And with the economy in the shitter, this might be an incentive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

My favorite vatnik cope is when they cry about how it’s unfair for Ukraine to get help from NATO.  This one admits that NATO AWACS is a big cause for Russia’s underperforming air war. (VKS- Aerospace Forces).  

Then suggests that the Su-57– of which Russia has 21 that they don’t allow to fly over Ukraine for fear of losing one— could shine. 

Screenshots not links so as not to drive traffic to vatniks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da75d8167c77adb028e6b4bc319c7772.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.485c8fa72f8f032aec9783d948ebc793.jpeg

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I would expect the bulk of their newly minted citizens will be coming from the Central Asian republics. Uzbeks and Tajiks have long been the unskilled workforce that sweeps Moscow streets and washes dishes. They’re closer, they’re often already in the country, and the language barrier and culture is close. And with the economy in the shitter, this might be an incentive. 

The problem comes in if the proposed path to citizenry runs through a three day basic training and six months at the front as cannon fodder. 

6 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Virtually all of the SPD is completely compromised. 
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/boris-pistorius-serve-next-german-defence-minister-source-2023-01-17/

Pistorius has been in a relationship with Doris Schroeder-Kopf, the ex-wife of former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder.

Schroeder has drawn sharp criticism from inside Germany and abroad for his close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Pistorius was also a member of the Bundesrat upper house of parliament German-Russian friendship group before it was dissolved in April.

• Rage+1 2

Any strategy relying on Germany is a bad one. They are doing that German thing where they passive-aggressively work the other direction from their rhetoric. 

I have an idea. We (the US) should start escalating- giving Ukraine all the good stuff. Let Germany use its oh-so-superior strategies to manage the Russians down, and not the west. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 7:51 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

This is where I remind everyone that the Wagner Group doesn’t really exist and is just a proxy and plausibly deniable extension of the Russian military and military intelligence. If they are “dropping recruiting requirements” what that most likely means is that a bunch of conscripts are fixing to become Wagner Mercenaries, maybe even retroactively. 

From down in that really great Tweet thread from @atomheartbevo on the convict that got killed by Wagner. Also flagging how implausible it is that a real PMC is able to stand up this much capacity so quickly. 

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Also flagging how implausible it is that a real PMC is able to stand up this much capacity so quickly. 

I can't recall any US-based PMCs flying updated front-line aircraft like.oh...I dunno, A-10s and F-16s.  Surprised me to see Wagner SU-25s (and other fighters). Either they created the infrastructure/logistics chain to maintain, fuel, and arm those aircraft (which would be a huge drain on resources for a PMC that's not aerial-focused), or more likely they were flying Russian Air Force jets with Wagner pilots in them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

How many soldiers are currently fighting for UKR?

I've seen numbers of around 900,000 active duty.

In July of 2022, the Ukrainian Defense Minister said they had over 700,000 active duty, with around a million+ when you count their reserves, police, and border guard.  That number has gone up since then, and I saw something that said around 100,000 have now been trained or are being trained by NATO countries.

There's been several interviews with their officials where they mentioned that they have the manpower, they just need the weapons/equipment.

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I believe they have said they aren’t going to mobilize but if they have to, what are the estimates in terms of how many they could effectively mobilize and train?

They have hundreds of thousands of Territorial Defense Forces that resemble our National Guard, that are not even in the fight (outside of partisan units behind Russian lines, and a few units that have helped liberate areas near them), and guarding the border with Belarus, and doing interior stuff (logistics, removing mines/IEDs, doing clean up after attacks, etc.), and they keep adding to the numbers as more are trained.  They are probably better trained than the frontline Russian troops, and they help offload a lot of stuff from the frontline Ukrainian military.  They had something like 100,000 people volunteer for the TDF in just a few weeks after the war started, but they plan on building it up to over a million over time.

Russia struggled mobilizing just 300,000 men (including convicts) this past fall, and then struggled trying to house/feed/equip them, and they struggle moving them around in large numbers, both because of logistics problems (lack of trucks, etc.) plus any large gatherings become HIMARS targets.

Given that over 700,000 men have fled Russian since last February, and the struggles with getting to the 300,000 men they mobilized a few months ago, I'm wondering at what point Russia will be tapped out on the manpower front, in terms of the 18-35 crowd (which they've got to be hitting a limit soon).

Russian propaganda was trying to claim that Russia had mobilized over half-a-million men recently, and had 700,000 ready to invade from Belarus.  It's like they'd don't realize there are things like satellites, recon aircraft, and human intel that would be broadcasting that all over the place.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

From down in that really great Tweet thread from @atomheartbevo on the convict that got killed by Wagner. Also flagging how implausible it is that a real PMC is able to stand up this much capacity so quickly. 

This part got me.  I had no idea he did that

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Pistorius did previously have the following quote on the German TV show Beisenherz,  "The recapture of occupied territories is legitimate and completely correct and must also be supported by us. Ukraine must win the war." That's from France24's piece about Pistorius becoming defense minister. So maybe there is some hope.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't recall any US-based PMCs flying updated front-line aircraft like.oh...I dunno, A-10s and F-16s.  Surprised me to see Wagner SU-25s (and other fighters). Either they created the infrastructure/logistics chain to maintain, fuel, and arm those aircraft (which would be a huge drain on resources for a PMC that's not aerial-focused), or more likely they were flying Russian Air Force jets with Wagner pilots in them.

Makes perfect sense if Wagner is mostly a legal fiction and gray area that shouldn’t be considered as anything more than part of the defense and security apparatus set up to do nasty things with varying degrees of deniability. 

Also demonstrates the flexibility of truth in Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 1