Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

23 hours ago, The Dog said:

I’m jumping ahead and skipping 20 hrs of posts here, but couldn’t you make this same meme with T-34 vs Tiger panzer?  Russia doesn’t have an endless supply like the ussr did, but still we need to send challengers and leopards and Abrams in sufficient numbers and not token offerings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

More of the translation of Girkin.  Could be that he's just trying to goad the Russian military leadership into acting, or trying to stir shit up (he's basically an agent of chaos), but it seems like what he's saying is jiving with what we can see from various reports/videos, as well as the folks who are drawing the lines on the daily maps, that the Ukrainians are seriously wearing the Russians down, including Wagner.  And we have seen a lot of Russians and Russian vehicles being caught out in the open, rather than staying within cities/towns/villages where they have some cover.  If the Russian leadership is screaming at the Russian grunts to move ahead, and the Ukrainians are obliging them by deliberately falling back in such a way as to draw the Russians/Russian vehicles out into crossing open fields/areas....that's pretty wild.

I don't really buy that the Russians all of the sudden are conserving artillery and rocket ammo for some major offensive either, because they desperately need to keep the Ukrainians on their back foot and away from interdicting Russian supply lines (particularly into Crimea).

And Russians are in a "use it or lose it" mode in terms of stockpiling ammo/artillery for some future offensive - we've already seen ammo dumps being hit  in the past week.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect this entire battle is an effort by the Russian MOD to destroy Wagner and diminish Prigozhin.  

In the minds of the MOD, Prigozhin has been getting too big for his britches.  He's been criticizing the MOD and, by extension Putin.  Couple that with the fact that he has a private army that is loyal only to him (manned heavily by troops who were incarcerated by the state, and who owe their freedom solely to Prigozhin), and you have an obvious and unwelcome potential source of regime challenge.

I suspect the MOD pointed all this out to Putin and got the go-ahead to cause Wagner to be attrited.  And then, because he failed to capture Bakhmut or obtain any strategic victory, Prigozhin is discredited.  And that will allow for his arrest or defenstration.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Call me a cynic, but I suspect this entire battle is an effort by the Russian MOD to destroy Wagner and diminish Prigozhin.  

In the minds of the MOD, Prigozhin has been getting too big for his britches.  He's been criticizing the MOD and, by extension Putin.  Couple that with the fact that he has a private army that is loyal only to him (manned heavily by troops who were incarcerated by the state, and who owe their freedom solely to Prigozhin), and you have an obvious and unwelcome potential source of regime challenge.

I suspect the MOD pointed all this out to Putin and got the go-ahead to cause Wagner to be attrited.  And then, because he failed to capture Bakhmut or obtain any strategic victory, Prigozhin is discredited.  And that will allow for his arrest or defenstration.

That could be and it's a very interesting and logical thought, but it's dicey.  Putin is planning some big mobilization (and it may have even started), but I still don't know how he will adequately equip them.  But assuming he can get some equipped somehow, and he wants some big offensive in the next six weeks (it has to be before March really gets going because that will help Ukraine in a Russian offensive) .  He is burning through his most experienced troops, both Wagner and regular Russian Army, and the mobilized that are being called up are the dudes not smart enough to get out of the country last fall, and probably include plenty who got out of the first major round last fall for various reasons (either job-related or medical or legal reasons).  

So he's got 3rd-stringers or 4th-stringers coming into the game (there's no way they can be properly trained before mud season kicks in during March), and the first string will be a fucking mess and decimated, and they are expected to fight against the 1st- and 2nd-stringers of Ukraine.

The whole thing is fucking bizarre because right now is the time he should be resting and resupplying the Russian Army and Wagner PMC and getting them ready, and instead he's grinding them down.  He could use his most experienced troops for an offensive, and then used the mobilized to exploit any breakthroughs, but instead it looks like it'll be the opposite.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don’t think we have an objection to providing Abrams, it’s just that with their fuel usuage, it’s problematic for the the Ukrainians. I know the M1A2s are being retrofitted with an auxiliary power unit that will save lot of fuel, but I don’t know ho far long that process is.  It’s just sorta stupid to tie the export of Abrams to the Leopards, because the Abrams are so much harder for the Ukrainians to use effectively. It fixes the heavy armor problem while creating a logistics nightmare for Ukraine.

Basically, the Leopards are ready to go now. The Germans are still trying to have their cake and eat it too with the Russians.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I don’t think we have an objection to providing Abrams, it’s just that with their fuel usuage, it’s problematic for the the Ukrainians. I know the M1A2s are being retrofitted with an auxiliary power unit that will save lot of fuel, but I don’t know ho far long that process is.  It’s just sorta stupid to tie the export of Abrams to the Leopards, because the Abrams are so much harder for the Ukrainians to use effectively. It fixes the heavy armor problem while creating a logistics nightmare for Ukraine.

Basically, the Leopards are ready to go now. The Germans are still trying to have their cake and eat it too with the Russians.

The Germans know it’s stupid. It’s an easy way for them to get out of sending Leopards.
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Germany is Russia's cuck.  Prove me wrong 

It's not that they're cucks so much as Russia has been their "dealer of stuff we dig" since the fucking Hanseatic league days.  The ties between Germany and the Novgorord-to-Baltic Russian trading communities go back centuries.  And in recent decades, Russia was Germany's cheap energy dealer (and many Germans, including Gerhard Schroder, got fat off of that trade).

Germany's take on Russia is "yeah, yeah, y'all say they are bad.  For shame, Russia, be better!  But....we profit handsomely off of our Russian dealings, so we won't be quitting those anytime soon."  It's a pretty big fucking flaw in the German national character.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Makes sense the Kazak's would want a buncha young jobless Russian men to gtfo, but it's bad for them to end up back in Russia.  As noted, they'll all get drafted.  

Is there any way to get them gone from Kazakhstan, but not back the the Russian army without, you know, having them all killed.?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I don’t think we have an objection to providing Abrams, it’s just that with their fuel usuage, it’s problematic for the the Ukrainians. I know the M1A2s are being retrofitted with an auxiliary power unit that will save lot of fuel, but I don’t know ho far long that process is.

Agreed. The logistics for supporting the Abrams seems to be a legitimate problem. Germany knows that the UA can't support them effectively. Germany is using this as an excuse to make sure Ukraine does not get ANY tanks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Makes sense the Kazak's would want a buncha young jobless Russian men to gtfo, but it's bad for them to end up back in Russia.  As noted, they'll all get drafted.  

Is there any way to get them gone from Kazakhstan, but not back the the Russian army without, you know, having them all killed.?

They could go home and overthrow the regime. I mean, that is always an option. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't find the other thread right now (may have been ISW), but this thread (WarTranslated looking at a Girkin interview) as well as another thread looking at the overall picture from the last few weeks, and I'm paraphrasing both of these threads together, but they basically say the Ukrainians are fighting hard, but they keep falling back just a little bit to pull the Russians forward and out of fortified positions and into the open, where the Ukrainians then hammer them (artillery, etc.), and then the Ukrainians pull back a little more, causing the Russians to again move forward out of fortified positions, and basically wash, rinse, repeat. The other thread mentioned that's why we are seeing so many Russians being killed in the open - when the Ukrainians fall back, the Russian commanders push their troops forward and they are then in the open and exposed  to drones and eventually artillery, etc.

Says the Ukrainians aren't even touching their strategic reserves, and may not even be using their best/assault troops, and instead are using Territorial Defense Forces.

And both threads mention that this is paralleling what has happened elsewhere such as Kharkiv, but especially Kherson where the Ukrainians are basically depleting the Russian troops and then the Ukrainians will start a major counteroffensive, complete with throwing their rested and equipped reserves in, as well as their best units.

So in other words, the same tactics the Mongols used on them is working again on them hundreds of years later.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Alternatively, it could be that the Leopards are crap and the Germans don't want the world to find out how shitty their tanks are.  So they want our multiple decades older tank to be there to keep theirs safe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So in other words, the same tactics the Mongols used on them is working again on them hundreds of years later.  

Yeah, and toss in that the mud season will make it worse for the Russians - we know that around Soledar and Bakhmut, whether it's Wagner PMC or Russian Army proper, that soldiers are being pressured to make gains no matter how many die, and the NCOs and officers are also feeling that same pressure from above them.  That's why they've been so sloppy with ammo depots, barracks, etc., they are just shoving men and equipment into those areas without any thought of a proper offensive.

Ukraine can pick and choose where to pull back, and then the Russian officers will scream/threaten their troops to exploit the "breakthrough" which will probably be...more open fields, and in 6-8 weeks, they will be full of mud.  And the drones will be watching, and the artillery will follow.

I don't know if I believe Girkin that it's not regular Ukrainian infantry/assault troops doing the defensive fighting and is instead Territorial Defense Forces (National Guard) and Ukraine is deliberately holding back their best forces for some major counter-offensive like Kherson or Kharkiv, but it makes a lot of sense, and the Russians have shown they haven't learned much, if anything.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Gary Kasparov has accepted our invitation.  There will be security concerns.  And many posters on here simply believe that funding Ukraine, as Kasparov would hae us do, is wrong .  FUCK YOU.  I have gary coming to uT to speak about actual freedom.  rest of you choke on fascist dick!  I helped freedom, rest of you anti-UA military aide rot in fucing helll        

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Gary Kasparov has accepted our invitation.  There will be security concerns.  And many posters on here simply believe that funding Ukraine, as Kasparov would hae us do, is wrong .  FUCK YOU.  I have gary coming to uT to speak about actual freedom.  rest of you choke on fascist dick!  I helped freedom, rest of you anti-UA military aide rot in fucing helll        

The Simpsons Gifs on Tumblr

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Hitting the vodka a wee bit early are we? 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don’t think sending any amount of Abrams will get Germany to respond. They’ll find another reason. 

If they wanted to help Ukraine defend itself, they would be helping. They’re not helping, so it’s clear they don’t want to help Ukraine defend itself. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1