Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

And by shit ton, the guy in the video says he thinks we have seven figure amounts of 155 mm cluster shells in storage.    Ukraine asked for some in December.   Let’s give more 155mm artillery some spare barrels and a half million shells of cluster (and a crate of earplugs) and tell them to plow the fields

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Read an article today quoting a Ukrainian official saying the decision on when this war stops rests with one person: Joe Biden.

Went on to say that the US has decided it’s in our strategic best interest to have this war drag on so that as many Russians die as possible. Obviously the flip side is that Ukrainians continue to die.

I tend to think that is correct. Cold blooded.

Nah. I agree that there’s a range of options we could take that might end the war sooner with a UA victory. Some advisable, some not, with all Of them carrying their own risks. But be assured that there is no one in the national security apparatus that would cry or be upset over a complete UA victory tomorrow and there is a lot of concern over what the rebuild will look like the longer this goes on.  Everyone’s preference would be Putin’s army back home and no one shooting.  For domestic purposes alone, Biden would love this to be off of his plate with a clear victory under his belt. 

We’re all kind of feeling our way in the dark on the best way to do this, remember when providing Javelins was seen as a major escalation?  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Read an article today quoting a Ukrainian official saying the decision on when this war stops rests with one person: Joe Biden.

Went on to say that the US has decided it’s in our strategic best interest to have this war drag on so that as many Russians die as possible. Obviously the flip side is that Ukrainians continue to die.

Of course, they think that.  It is true if the US gets involved directly, we will have only 2 options, to push Russia out of Ukraine or to push for a regime change/destabilize Russia.   What is the risk-reward for the US for getting directly involved?  This war stops if Putin stops it, Ukraine win/loses it, or Russians find some balls and overthrow their government.  

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m not sure he really believes that, but he’s got to keep pressing for more. Ukraine’s survival depends on American support 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

[this gives me a hard-on gif]

At this point, every dead Russian soldier is its own victory.

36 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Maybe.  I tend to agree that Biden would be happy with a complete UKR victory today.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Not quite as awful as what happens to the Russian officers that carried this out.  My grand uncle was a Wehrmacht POW camp officer in the eastern occupied territories.    He personally oversaw the deaths of thousands of Soviet troops.  He said it was either that or they’d ship him to the infantry front.  

Are you saying that the loss felt by the parents of 14 thousand children that may never see their children again is less awful than the experiences of your uncle who was allegedly forced to commit war crimes against enemy soldiers?

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Are you saying that the loss felt by the parents of 14 thousand children that may never see their children again is less awful than the experiences of your uncle who was allegedly forced to commit war crimes against enemy soldiers?

No, I’m saying the Russian officers overseeing these war crimes are being told either wage this terror campaign of intimidation or your own family will be imprisoned and likely killed.  But they knew that going in so fuck them.  These men and their families in the know will Never stand trial for war crimes.  They will be murdered long before that can ever happen.  There are already Russian families mysteriously appearing all over Latin America.  
the point about my relative was that he made his peace with what he did after seeing what Russian soldiers were capable of doing to civilians.  

The concept of a human life isn’t the same across all borders.  McRaven publicly stated how shocked he was at  the almost casual way Afghanis viewed the death of a family member.  Human life, even those of children, are not weighed as heavily for Russia As they are for us.  And so, we should have zero issue in exterminating them or allowing them to Murder themselves into oblivion.  I fear we will be futilely unpacking their war crimes for a decade with very few convictions to show for it  

There are no shortages of Russian windows from which to defenstrate enemies of the state.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I laughed 

Please don't CR this thread. There is one ------------->   about politics. 

It's pretty exhausting to constantly censor the discussion about why we're letting more Ukrainians die at the hands of the russian orcs, solely because it hurts some peoples feefees. It's very limiting and constraining to just turn off one's brain the second there's some sort of discomfort about the fact that a controlling majority of our legislative body has a stated goal to stop sending aid to Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

War is a terrible terrible terrible thing and it's usually worse then the outside observer (Surly dipshits like ourselves) think it's gonna be going in.  As per usual, Russia has only one asset to throw into the fight: their young men.  The UKA has gotta kill most (all?) of their young men.  Just the way it is.

I Generally, I agree with the point that President Biden can strongly influence the pace of the war by throttling weapon supply up and down.  Further, by giving them more stuff, better stuff, and faster, he can make Russians die faster and Ukrainians die...less fast.  I also agree with many on this board that he should be doing more; at least some more.  ATAACM's for example.  He's going on 6 months behind there.  

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

And by shit ton, the guy in the video says he thinks we have seven figure amounts of 155 mm cluster shells in storage.    Ukraine asked for some in December.   Let’s give more 155mm artillery some spare barrels and a half million shells of cluster (and a crate of earplugs) and tell them to plow the fields

Do they have enough western 155 artillery units today? And how well are they keeping up at replacing worn barrels?

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia once lost a naval battle to a landlocked nation without a navy. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lake_Baikal

So now we know where all those Aggie "officers" end up.  The Russian navy.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Just curious, what would the UKA need to do to establish air supremacy? Lotsa attacks on launch site, air fields, etc into Russia proper?

a shitload of wild weasel SEAD missions to keep the lid on the massive number of S300 batteries that russia has deployed in that area

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Just curious, what would the UKA need to do to establish air supremacy? Lotsa attacks on launch site, air fields, etc into Russia proper?

It isn't possible. Ukraine doesn't have the force to gain true air supremacy over Russia's huge array of air and anti-air assets. The best Ukraine can do hope for is denying Russia the ability to conduct effective combat operations over its airspace and maybe local air superiority for specific operations. It has largely done the former. I think the latter is a pretty big stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

a shitload of wild weasel SEAD missions to keep the lid on the massive number of S300 batteries that russia has deployed in that area

It is a few dozen Ukrainian combat aircraft vs over a thousand Russian ones. Ukraine isn't gaining air superiority without NATO becoming directly involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's pretty exhausting to constantly censor the discussion about why we're letting more Ukrainians die at the hands of the russian orcs, solely because it hurts some peoples feefees. It's very limiting and constraining to just turn off one's brain the second there's some sort of discomfort about the fact that a controlling majority of our legislative body has a stated goal to stop sending aid to Ukraine

Honestly it's not that hard to separate policy and political discussion from a news thread.  There's a CR thread where you can pontificate to your heart's content.  It's not about feefees getting hurt; it's about keeping the discussion on topic.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Guys!  We couldn't possible sort out those assets from these huge piles of gold teeth!

Those swiss bankers are probably just worried they got their 1940s gold teeth mixed up with their 2022 gold teeth and need more time to get their books straight 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

John Kirby at the WH Press Briefing going hard at NK supplying Russia/Wagner (urged them to stop in strong terms and provided satellite evidence of their train shipments), naming Wagner a transnational criminal organization (allows additional sanctions and allows other nations to do the same), and highlighted growing discontent between Wagner leadership and Russian military leadership. He also said there will be additional sanctions against Wagner and said they're committing atrocities in Ukraine. 

Rough quotes from Kirby: "90% of Wagner casualties have been convicts alone that are thrown in without any training whatsoever." "Soledar and Bakhmut are both mining towns... go figure." "We think this (trying to capture mining towns) is consistent with Prigozhin's focused efforts in other countries."
Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1