Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

That's genocide.  Whatever the next increments escalation level response from the Allies would be...I am all for it.  This is Kosovo/Rhruwanda/Darfur.  Whatever we wish we'd done then, we need to do now.

Poland, Finland, Latvia, etc. sending boots on the ground outside of a Nato operation?  Nato no-fly zone?  If our leaders think it helps, we need to do it. God is watching us.

image.png.076f59e459263417bb6dc9ee1c1152ba.png

This is our concern, Dude.

Go all the way to Moscow.

pic unrelated

2 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Sorry, but not sorry.  

Every man, woman & child on God's green earth needs to see that picture; it's a clear cut referendum on life.

Which side are you on? There is no neutral. You don't get to say "I didn't know" anymore.

The fact you opened this thread obligates you to share it with others.

image.png.b4734d26d4b6d0ee90ae152c9ce767cc.png

I agree. I was more or less announcing to the board that I'm a big pussy when it comes to animals in pain, especially dogs. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

This is part of the reason they blew the dam. They wanted AFU servicemen to respond and if they died, even better. You’ll not that Russian forces are not evacuating the side they occupy. 

can we please nuke Moscow now

The goal is the elimination of Ukrainians as a people.

Initially, that was to be achieved by taking over the country and assimilating it back into Russia.

Now that that option is off the table, the goal remains the same but the methods must change.

I think Putin is going to push the nuke button.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The goal is the elimination of Ukrainians as a people.

Initially, that was to be achieved by taking over the country and assimilating it back into Russia.

Now that that option is off the table, the goal remains the same but the methods must change.

He may.

But understand that if he does, then he was always going to, at some point or another.  

Putin is a rabid dog who is going to bite until he can't bite anymore.  There's not stopping him from being what he is.  There is only, eventually, stopping him from existing altogether.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He may.

But understand that if he does, then he was always going to, at some point or another.  

Putin is a rabid dog who is going to bite until he can't bite anymore.  There's not stopping him from being what he is.  There is only, eventually, stopping him from existing altogether.

I agree. Surely there is someone close to him that decides they want to live and perhaps even travel abroad and decides they aren’t going down with the ship.

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I agree. Surely there is someone close to him that decides they want to live and perhaps even travel abroad and decides they aren’t going down with the ship.

When nuclear weapons were invented, we always knew that humanity would find itself at this crossroads at one point or another: a deranged/myopic/madman type who was going to use nuclear blackmail, and likely a weapon itself, for nefarious purposes.  We were always going to face this. Whether we get out of it without a weapon being used is in some real part simply up to chance, and circumstances that are well beyond our control.

30 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Sorry, but not sorry.  

Every man, woman & child on God's green earth needs to see that picture; it's a clear cut referendum on life.

Which side are you on? There is no neutral. You don't get to say "I didn't know" anymore.

The fact you opened this thread obligates you to share it with others.

image.png.b4734d26d4b6d0ee90ae152c9ce767cc.png

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When nuclear weapons were invented, we always knew that humanity would find itself at this crossroads at one point or another: a deranged/myopic/madman type who was going to use nuclear blackmail, and likely a weapon itself, for nefarious purposes.  We were always going to face this. Whether we get out of it without a weapon being used is in some real part simply up to chance, and circumstances that are well beyond our control.

Too bad Sean Connery and Roger Moore are dead and Pierce Brosnan sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, statsman said:

(Trigger warning-this is what bipartisanship looks like: undoubtedly, there will be views expressed with which you vehemently disagree with, not just the value judgment, but the premise that supports the question. I disagree with some of it)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wsj-opinion-free-expression/id1609730284?i=1000615931903

Gerry Baker’s podcast interviews a GOP congressman that supports Ukrainian military assistance. 

I agree with his concern about Europe stepping up (I am beyond pissed about Macron going to China to make sure the CCP knows that although Europe is supporting Ukraine, the Chinese need to know that Taiwan is not a European concern, so they can still do business), and disagree that US support should be affected by that. 

Here is an interesting article about another topic of concern-

Where are the children from the Kherson orphanage? Ukrainians say Russia is removing children as part of an effort to crush Ukrainian culture. 
https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-ukraine-removing-children-orphanage-aa9471ce?st=rwz2k9tsjav1nlm&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

Macron is likely playing a role.   Imagine he is the 'owner' at the dealership.  

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Read an article this AM that Prigozhin toured Russian cities recently to discuss the war…I guess I just assumed he was hiding out in occupied areas of Ukraine trying not to get killed by Putin or the MoD but I guess he’s able to float freely around Russia? How is that even possible? I clearly don’t understand the dynamics at play in Russia…

There's maybe a joke to be made that Russia can't secure its own borders, so Putin doesn't have the resources to go after Prigozhin, who probably has a large security contingent.

And lest we forget, as mentioned in a video on this page, Prigozhin had a Russian Army officer kidnapped and tortured and forced to go on video and declare he was a Russian officer who attacked Wagner.  That is in my top-5 insane things in this war. Putin should not be able to trust the Russian Army because of that shit - if a Blackwater mercenary had kidnapped and tortured an American officer in Iraq, American troops would have treated Blackwater like terrorists and dispatched them.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is Putin’s weakness not a threat to the others? I’ve heard folks argue that he’s not a threat, but rather the only thing protecting the elite and their hordes of cash. But I’m not sure I buy that. 

At what point do they decide their future is brighter with Putin eliminated?

If the alternatives are Prigozhin and Kadyrov, Putin maybe sitting pretty.  I can't imagine your typical Russian wanting the Chechens running Russia proper.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If the alternatives are Prigozhin and Kadyrov, Putin maybe sitting pretty.  I can't imagine your typical Russian wanting the Chechens running Russia proper.

The typical Russian ain't gonna have a say in any of this. Same as it ever was.

But at some point I have to think somebody is going to take a swing at the king and assume power by force. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

That's genocide.  Whatever the next increments escalation level response from the Allies would be...I am all for it.  This is Kosovo/Rhruwanda/Darfur.  Whatever we wish we'd done then, we need to do now.

Poland, Finland, Latvia, etc. sending boots on the ground outside of a Nato operation?  Nato no-fly zone?  If our leaders think it helps, we need to do it. God is watching us.

I think the appropriate response would be to send Russia a blinking envelope with the message that all world ports are closed except the ones at the bottom of the sea.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If he was going to, should have long before now.  We know China has talked to him, and outside of a small number of armored vehicles (which may have been bought by the Chechens through a third party), China has constantly turned down his requests for all manner of heavy military equipment, and we know China told him "no" on the nukes thing. He has been extremely ignorant on a lot of things, but I think even he realizes that if he loses China, he's fucked.

Because while I don't think we get involved militarily if he uses a battlefield nuke (unless fallout affects NATO), I do think we apply the same sanctions we are using on Russia with anybody still trading with Russia, including China and India. China and India would drop Russia like a hot potato at the thought of those sanctions, since those sanctions would ruin their economies.

But here's the bigger thing to me: Putin is scared of being assassinated.  The idiot put that fear on display with his 20-foot long tables, or his speeches in rooms where he's 15-20 feet away from anybody, or his photo ops where he visits various locations, and the "workers" are all members of his security detail cosplaying whatever is required that day. He wanted Ukraine's leader assassinated, so he assumes other countries are out to assassinate him.

But if he pops a nuke and it affects NATO, he realizes that it goes from what he imagines to be failed/subtle attempts at assassination by spies to a chance of full on bunker-busters from stealth bombers hunting him.

This is a man who does not believe that NATO will attack (as evidenced by his thinly guarded borders and pulling troops out of Kaliningrad for Ukraine, since that enclave is surrounded by NATO countries).  He knows that the moment a nuke flies, everybody assumes that he will use more, and that they have to act.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The irony is that we always worried about some rogue third-party, maybe one of the Middle Eastern groups, getting a nuke and hiding it in a freighter going into our ports or on a commercial aircraft.

Instead, it was potentially a fucking moron running Russia and trying to get the Soviet Union back together.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he was going to, should have long before now.  We know China has talked to him, and outside of a small number of armored vehicles (which may have been bought by the Chechens through a third party), China has constantly turned down his requests for all manner of heavy military equipment, and we know China told him "no" on the nukes thing. He has been extremely ignorant on a lot of things, but I think even he realizes that if he loses China, he's fucked.

Because while I don't think we get involved militarily if he uses a battlefield nuke (unless fallout affects NATO), I do think we apply the same sanctions we are using on Russia with anybody still trading with Russia, including China and India. China and India would drop Russia like a hot potato at the thought of those sanctions, since those sanctions would ruin their economies.

But here's the bigger thing to me: Putin is scared of being assassinated.  The idiot put that fear on display with his 20-foot long tables, or his speeches in rooms where he's 15-20 feet away from anybody, or his photo ops where he visits various locations, and the "workers" are all members of his security detail cosplaying whatever is required that day. He wanted Ukraine's leader assassinated, so he assumes other countries are out to assassinate him.

But if he pops a nuke and it affects NATO, he realizes that it goes from what he imagines to be failed/subtle attempts at assassination by spies to a chance of full on bunker-busters from stealth bombers hunting him.

This is a man who does not believe that NATO will attack (as evidenced by his thinly guarded borders and pulling troops out of Kaliningrad for Ukraine, since that enclave is surrounded by NATO countries).  He knows that the moment a nuke flies, everybody assumes that he will use more, and that they have to act.

I know, man. I know.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I think the appropriate response would be to send Russia a blinking envelope with the message that all world ports are closed except the ones at the bottom of the sea.  

Katy Agnor...  A worried world turns it's tired eyes to you.....

• Haha 8

Posted earlier I think from another twitter account but here’s full text:

Commander of the Russian 72nd Brigade, Roman Venevitin, who was previously captured and interrogated by Wagner, was released, and recorded the following statement.

Venevitin says Wagner is known for numerous cases of kidnapping Russian soldiers, threatening them with shooting, humiliating, torturing them, and driving to suicide. Venevitin refutes all claims made by Wagner including those related to claimed mining of Wagner's rear positions in Bakhmut, despite having some "bright patches" in collective work.

This footage indicates a deep rift of mistrust and hatred between regular Russian army and Wagner PMC.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm guessing Ukraine picked actual trainers themselves so they could return and train the younger guys.

Yeah.  My dad was in the horse cavalry before tanks were a cavalry thing. Because my dad was regular army and older, he wound up training younger drafted soldiers on the use of Sherman tanks, and as a result did not get to Europe in his tank until late August or September 1944.    Older dudes are better trainers generally. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We can’t live in fear of Russia firing off a nuke because they lost a war they started by invading another sovereign nation.  Yes, it is a major risk.  But it cannot force the world to capitulate to Russia.  That would be never ending.

Kamala Harris Yes GIF by The Democrats

• Haha 3

Ironically, I feel like the best path forward for the west is escalate to de-escalate.

I don’t know what that looks like in practice other than handing over every single platform/weapon they ask for and giving them “permission” to use them however they see fit.

I also think that bringing some financial pain to other countries that have decided to continue to do business with Russia probably makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ironically, I feel like the best path forward for the west is escalate to de-escalate.

I don’t know what that looks like in practice other than handing over every single platform/weapon they ask for and giving them “permission” to use them however they see fit.

I also think that bringing some financial pain to other countries that have decided to continue to do business with Russia probably makes sense.

0de990f7-ef20-4696-a776-31140ca07ada_tex

IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

The counteroffensive of Ukraine has begun? Looks like it is now

On the Zaporozhye Front, the Armed Forces of Ukraine switched from preparatory strikes and attacks by light forces to a full-fledged attempt to break through the front in the Orekhov region. All signs point to this. Namely:

- The use of great forces.
— Appearance of Leopard 2 tanks in battle.
“Attack in three directions at once and continuous pressure.
- The first results and positions recaptured from the Russian army.

There is no point in guessing whether the breakthrough will be successful, especially since we do not fully understand what results the Armed Forces of Ukraine have already achieved. Simply because the only source of information is the Russian side. But even from their messages, you can learn some information.

To begin with, they do not hesitate to report on the local successes of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - the liberation of 1-3 small settlements or their outskirts. In addition, the rhetoric of the Z-channels is strongly reminiscent of the one that was at the very beginning of the Izyum operation. It takes 2-3 days for them to begin to recognize the obvious. I do not rule out that the same thing may happen on the Zaporozhye front.

However, the attacks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine cannot be taken too optimistically now either. As I said, so far we see only an attempt to break through. This is a war between two sides. And it is not at all necessary that the Ukrainian army will win all the battles. Now we need to observe and analyze what is happening, keeping a sober head. It is important that the main direction for the first attempt was exactly Melitopol. About why, in my opinion, it is preferable, I wrote back in the spring: https://t.me/arrowsmap/65. In short, this is the closest road to the Crimea and to the “land corridor” of the Russian army.

I note that any offensive implies losses. You remember the classic formula of 3 to 1 and even 5 to 1 - the necessary advantage of the attacking side over the defending one. Including margin for losses. Therefore, there is no need to perceive the demonstrated photos and videos with burning Ukrainian equipment as some kind of critical factor. It is better to soberly evaluate what we see. In the meantime, there are a maximum of 4 Leopard 2 tanks (1 destroyed and 3 damaged) and about ten armored personnel carriers / infantry fighting vehicles. If this is all that the Russian side can show as "huge losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine", then the offensive is super-successful. And most importantly, losses at the very first stage of a breakthrough are always the largest. But what will happen after this breakthrough and whose army will lose more - we'll see.

In the next 1-2 days I'm waiting for an update of the situation. Either the Armed Forces of Ukraine will continue to break through and the truth will no longer be hidden - there will be evidence of a successful attack. Or they will withdraw and inflict new blows somewhere in neighboring areas. In the worst case scenario, the APU has a couple of weeks for such attempts. And if they all turn out to be unsuccessful, then it will already be possible to talk about a certain failure of the offensive, and the troops will have to reorganize and change their plans. But something tells me we won't see it.

This map is from my post on April 21st. I highlighted on it the directions in which strikes are now taking place, and the thin arrows are what I assumed back then.

Subscribe to my channel, we will follow the events at the front together

• Hook 'Em 6