Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Oh that’s comforting.

I believe now that we have to seriously question the "health" of their nuclear arsenal.  And the competence of the personnel.

I suppose he could have beggared his army to keep the air force and nuclear navy going, but you gotta wonder.

• Hook 'Em 1

And yes I know about Pantex and it’s capabilities as well as the Amarillo airport which has a runway long enough for the space shuttle to land on. I’ll take my chances at my ranch if shit goes down. Chances are we’d shoot down most nukes anyway. 

and I’m absolutely gutted watching the news right now. They are just pummeling Kyiv I guess with missiles from tanks I guess. Or air raid. Damnit all to hell. 

39 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

But ask yourself who are those 4 million followers? And wouldn't a better thing be to tweet from an official US govt account if everyone is supposed to know it's coming from the administration anyway? You'd get a bigger cross section of the American people reached than by using a man who is very polarizing and had very inflammatory political comments just earlier this month. 

You all are assuming this to be fact but it doesn't make sense. 

This isn’t about what side of the aisle that you’re on.  No one gives a fuck at this point..  what our collective government is doing to get information out is working.  The world has United against this cause, we as a nation should too.  I don’t give a flying fuck who tweets it, as long as it is tweeted.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yeah I was going to respond to this as the Panhandle is one of the places you do NOT want to be should the shit hit the fan. I'm keeping my ass in Austin.

I was born at Bergstrom AFB. My dad was en jet engine mechanic and we always lived close to the planes, mainly SAC bases & B52's.  We always new we lived at prime target area's, if for no other reason, the 12,000 ft runways.  

I'm heading deep into the Hill Country and chilling in my Avatar.  

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I believe now that we have to seriously question the "health" of their nuclear arsenal.  And the competence of the personnel.

I suppose he could have beggared his army to keep the air force and nuclear navy going, but you gotta wonder.

this is a huge concern

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

And yes I know about Pantex and it’s capabilities as well as the Amarillo airport which has a runway long enough for the space shuttle to land on. I’ll take my chances at my ranch if shit goes down. Chances are we’d shoot down most nukes anyway. 

and I’m absolutely gutted watching the news right now. They are just pummeling Kyiv I guess with missiles from tanks I guess. Or air raid. Damnit all to hell. 

Where are you seeing this? YouTube kyiv livestreams show everyone having a basic Monday morning?

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

No one is shooting most of anyone’s nukes down. That is a pipe dream. 

But lasers and Star Wars and the one thing Biden didn’t get rid of that started during Trump that space shit or whatever about aliens. If there are aliens we should ask them for help but be strict on our terms for said help I feel like that’s fair. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

No one is shooting most of anyone’s nukes down. That is a pipe dream. 

Yeah IF the Russians have kept up with maintaining them halfway well they're capable of launching so many simultaneously the ones out air defense systems can shoot down will be inconsequential. And vice versa. It's why no government in the history of nukes has dared use one since Nagasaki. No one has any defense for it. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m very guilty 

image.png.b6acc36cc4055731c435548266577df2.png

I am 

tank,

BMP

Troop, nah its a BMP

self-propelled gun,

bmp

sell propelled gun/tank

half-track (yeah I know its not german but well i dont know what else to call it, and it's a full track at that)

engineers,

pos

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

The last time I had this much interest in news on a global scale was sadly Sept 11, 2001 in a hotel in Overland Park Kansas. I am once again stuck in a hotel. Sobering experience.

I take it you're not married to a 40-something that has discovered Korean dramas on Netflix and BTS?

• Haha 1

Everyone smarter than me post on this one (everyone that doesn’t have me on ignore raise your hand): if Belarus is technically it’s own country (not sure about that) but they send in their forces can’t we or NATO technically do the same? Or is that not within the rules? I admit I don’t ducking know. Can we? I know this isn’t an option any of us would prefer. 

Russia is ~ top 3 in oil & gas production, and they lost most of their buyers - Advantage Middle East 
Putin pushed the Green Movement to riding in the back of the bus on the back bumper - Advantage Middle East
EU will replace Russian gas w/ LNG - Qatar only ME country with large LNG export capacity - DIsadvantage Middle East
US Shale Development will get unleashed - DIsadvantage Middle East (US politically advantaged over ME)
Big question is how much Russian O&G production stays on line. Sanctions will kill maintenance and production will fall. Two sets of buyers, No Sanctions (China, et al) and Sanctions (US, EU, Far East). Oil is zero sum game, China can buy most of Russian oil and existing China purchases go to prior buyers of Russian oil. I expect Russian Gas exports will decrease and be replaced with new production from US, SE Asia, Australia & Qatar. Too much Russian Oil ($Billion/day) for it not to be produced, >> lying, cheating & corruPUTIoN.  
Will US develop max gas production to support EU, or will US politics favor cheaper gas for US and much more expensive gas for Europe? Will NE US allow more pipelines or just bitch and complain like always? 
This will be the biggest geo-political event since WWII, and most of America will be Ukraine? What? Huh?  
I think everyone will be buying gas and oil from Russia quicker than anyone thinks but eventually at lower volumes. It takes too long to build out infrastructure systems to alleviate near ten shortage and in the long run the world is investing in alternative sources.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, gsoda3 said:
52 minutes ago, PTINS said:
Russia is ~ top 3 in oil & gas production, and they lost most of their buyers - Advantage Middle East 
Putin pushed the Green Movement to riding in the back of the bus on the back bumper - Advantage Middle East
EU will replace Russian gas w/ LNG - Qatar only ME country with large LNG export capacity - DIsadvantage Middle East
US Shale Development will get unleashed - DIsadvantage Middle East (US politically advantaged over ME)
Big question is how much Russian O&G production stays on line. Sanctions will kill maintenance and production will fall. Two sets of buyers, No Sanctions (China, et al) and Sanctions (US, EU, Far East). Oil is zero sum game, China can buy most of Russian oil and existing China purchases go to prior buyers of Russian oil. I expect Russian Gas exports will decrease and be replaced with new production from US, SE Asia, Australia & Qatar. Too much Russian Oil ($Billion/day) for it not to be produced, >> lying, cheating & corruPUTIoN.  
Will US develop max gas production to support EU, or will US politics favor cheaper gas for US and much more expensive gas for Europe? Will NE US allow more pipelines or just bitch and complain like always? 
This will be the biggest geo-political event since WWII, and most of America will be Ukraine? What? Huh?  

I think everyone will be buying gas and oil from Russia quicker than anyone thinks but eventually at lower volumes. It takes too long to build out infrastructure systems to alleviate near ten shortage and in the long run the world is investing in alternative sources.

Once Putin is either dead or stands down Russia will be brought back in on the business front so fast it'll make your head spin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

if Belarus is technically it’s own country (not sure about that) but they send in their forces can’t we or NATO technically do the same? Or is that not within the rules? I admit I don’t ducking know. Can we? I know this isn’t an option any of us would prefer. 

NATO/US still leads to quick Russian defeat followed by escalation (battlefield nukes) in order for Putin to settle on the terms he wants.

batman-michael-keaton.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Everyone smarter than me post on this one (everyone that doesn’t have me on ignore raise your hand): if Belarus is technically it’s own country (not sure about that) but they send in their forces can’t we or NATO technically do the same? Or is that not within the rules? I admit I don’t ducking know. Can we? I know this isn’t an option any of us would prefer. 

It isn't really rules or not rules. This would have kind of been like if, during Iraq (which Russia didn't want to happen), the Russians said "Oh the U.K. is on board!  We're going to go in on the side of Iraq!.  Still NATO or U.S. shooting at Russian troops-- two nuclear powers at war.  This is the situation everyone wants to avoid.  What will happen in Belarus gets more fucked up and isolated than they already are. 

But I think at this point its fair to call Belarus "semi-autonomous" in all but name given the results of the referendum and the facts on the ground with Russia's forces. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

NATO/US still leads to quick Russian defeat followed by escalation (battlefield nukes) in order for Putin to settle on the terms he wants.

batman-michael-keaton.gif

News stations trying to get Zelenskyy on their shows. Also, no no no on him showing up for peace talks in person. Supposedly happening in a few hours these “talks.” Bullshit. Russians poison people and shit and no no 

For those of you worried about shit going down.

https://www.lost-ways.net

Where you'll learn how to make beef jerky, and "How to Outlive an EMP the Early Pioneer Way" (just like our ancestors did!)

They've been running ads on some of the Ukraine YouTube stuff.  They know their audience.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It isn't really rules or not rules. This would have kind of been like if, during Iraq (which Russia didn't want to happen), the Russians said "Oh the U.K. is on board!  We're going to go in on the side of Iraq!.  Still NATO or U.S. shooting at Russian troops-- two nuclear powers at war.  This is the situation everyone wants to avoid.  What will happen in Belarus gets more fucked up and isolated than they already are. 

But I think at this point its fair to call Belarus "semi-autonomous" in all but name given the results of the referendum and the facts on the ground with Russia's forces. 

Belarus was Byelorussia or White Russia.  It's Russia in everything but name.

We and NATO countries can do whatever we want independently.  The significance of NATO is that if a NATO country is attacked by a non-NATO country, the rest of NATO is obliged to assist in its defense.

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Thanks! I like the smart people. Great post! I always think of Urban Cowboy and how my cousin’s hubby was shown that movie when he was as a boy and they were living in Minnesota and they showed him that particular movie to tell him they were moving to Texas and he started crying. “Some of us got the smarts real good.” It was on the other night and I texted him and he posts here and I said  I’m watching your favorite movie and he replies, “sissy get in the goddamn truck.” Silliest and best line in the movie (John Travolta’s character Bud to Debra Winger’s Sissy: “I’m stubborn and I’m hard headed and I wanna apologize clear back to when I hit you the first time. I love you sissy!” So sad. 

Zelenskyy saying the next 24 is so critical for them. Damnit all to hell! Can we please take Putin’s ass out or help? Fuck! 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

We and NATO countries can do whatever we want independently.  The significance of NATO is that if a NATO country is attacked by a non-NATO country, the rest of NATO is obliged to assist in its defense.

I think if a NATO country came in, Russia might FAFO, but it could be a non-NATO country like Israel that could come in fighting on the side of Ukraine and once the balance is drastically tipped, Putin gonna Putin and escalate to deescalate.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think if a NATO country came in, Russia might FAFO, but it could be a non-NATO country like Israel that could come in fighting on the side of Ukraine and once the balance is drastically tipped, Putin gonna Putin and escalate to deescalate.

Yeah, true.  Given that Putin sees NATO as an existential threat, even a unilaterally acting NATO country attacking or more overtly aiding Ukraine would probably be seen as a provocation requiring some overreaction.  Shit, an overt ally like Israel would probably provoke a reaction against NATO.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This is dumb, retrograde, and misogynistic.

I know this site is 98% old horny dudes but post after post about your sex life in a thread about war is gross.

So here’s the attention you so desperately need.

I still like your posts. Never mind the reverse bigotry you’re rocking but whatever. I consider this site like my family so perhaps I overshare but IDGAF.  Covid and a shitty marriage nearly crushed me so if I enjoy this space it’s my deal. 

outside of that I feel like the vast majority of my posts on this thread have been good ones and on point. Have yours? or are  you so pathetically resigned to your petty hatred of me you’d rather miss out on being my friend? Your choice.

ukranian drone just took out a Russian system cool according to BBC.

• Hook 'Em 6

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй