Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

20 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, Saudi Arabia is pissed at Biden and is supporting the OPEC+ deal made with Russia. United Arab Emirates gave a minor fuck you to the US and the Western world by abstaining from the resolution Russia vetoed condemning the invasion. Iran is all on board the Putin train. Anyone who feels like the Palestinian issue is the most important issue in the world (this is not to diminish that ongoing issue, just saying that is a certain part of the global population) is angry that Ukraine is getting all this attention while nothing like that is being done to help them. 

I've seen support from different Israeli commentators who acknowledge Zelensky's Jewish heritage, and also point out the significant population of Israelis who can trace their family origins to Ukraine before immigrated to Israel, but I haven't seen official comments of support. Not that they don't exist, but I haven't seen them. Also, it's important to note there's an even bigger percentage of Israelis with Russian origins in their family backgrounds. 

Those are the main things I've seen. Not sure if that addresses your post or not, but it's all I've got.

It’s out there 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trusted fully, no.  But he is Vice Chair of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee.  And, because he's an R and not the Chair, there had to be some "bipartisanship," i.e. scheming, to make him the mouthpiece, because otherwise the D Chair would be the logical person.

You have to believe that what he's tweeting is fully vetted by the Committee and those that report to the committee, i.e. spies.

That still leaves a bit of room for politics/personal views, but not a whole lot.

I'm aware of that but to me that's why he's become very vague in these latest tweets referring to nuclear attack. He's not directly saying it but he's doing it in a way that gives the impression nukes are likely. And that sets off my bullshit detector. 

Again this isn’t appeasement. This isn’t hitler with the German juggernaut. This is Putin botching the Ukrainian invasion. He’s not a threat on the global scene unless you make him desperate like we seem to be trying to do. 

We weaken the dollar with our own actions. Whether it be over spending or over sanctioning. I don’t expect you to understand any kind of risk/reward situation though. You think it’s worth a 50/50 risk of nukes being deployed to protect Ukraine. I bet you’ve never been there. Never made any money from there. You have terrible risk management. Can’t imagine your poor clients. 

So, for the record, you are good with people dying, as long as it saves you money and you stay “safe.” That’s what I’m getting from your posts. Accurate?

Russia bombed a kids cancer hospital. But, hey, you’re safe.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Between the good deeds from the people of both Poland and Romania, I just can't say enough.  Often times the world is a terrible place with people being awful to each other.  Every now and again, and it isn't often, something happens that just warms your soul.  Seeing how both of these peoples have reacted is one of those times.  

Humans have a tribal and adversarial biological wiring but are also wired to be very social in times of crisis as a survival tool. As soon as the crisis and potential threat to safety subsides and leaves the conscious mind the base adversarial nature resumes. 

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He wouldn’t be doing it for any of those reasons. He’d do so to scare the fuck out of the rest of the world and make them offer him acceptable terms to avoid him setting off another one. See the last quoted post below. It’s literally their plan.

47555269.jpg

Brisket, best to your son over in Germany.  I can only imagine how concerned you guys must be.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My clients love me. Because I know how to balance risks, and not be cowed when our opponent makes outrageous threats. Even when they follow through with them.
What you are is apparent. You actively root for and assist our country’s enemies, and for policies that hurt us. I mean, I guess you think you’re clever and conceal it. You’re not, and you don’t.

Donald Trump GIF by Morphin

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My clients love me. Because I know how to balance risks, and not be cowed when our opponent makes outrageous threats. Even when they follow through with them.
What you are is apparent. You actively root for and assist our country’s enemies, and for policies that hurt us. I mean, I guess you think you’re clever and conceal it. You’re not, and you don’t.

So what you are saying is you are the only attorney in the world who isn’t a risk averse pussy? 

25 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Again this isn’t appeasement. This isn’t hitler with the German juggernaut. This is Putin botching the Ukrainian invasion. He’s not a threat on the global scene unless you make him desperate like we seem to be trying to do. 

We weaken the dollar with our own actions. Whether it be over spending or over sanctioning. I don’t expect you to understand any kind of risk/reward situation though. You think it’s worth a 50/50 risk of nukes being deployed to protect Ukraine. I bet you’ve never been there. Never made any money from there. You have terrible risk management. Can’t imagine your poor clients. 

And you have?

10 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but we were down to DEFCON 2 a little while ago, but they've moved it back up to DEFCON 3 for now.

Where are you seeing that?  Didn't think DEFCON levels were public knowledge.  Unlike Covid Red/Orange levels as Clay Jenkins is sure to let us know in Dallas.

• Haha 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Where are you seeing that?  Didn't think DEFCON levels were public knowledge.  Unlike Covid Red/Orange levels as Clay Jenkins is sure to let us know in Dallas.

There was a rumor on Twitter earlier that the defcon level was moved but it was shot down as they aren’t public. 

Lots of misinformation out there 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Don't forget who Rubio is, what he spent the last 6 years doing, and who's boots he was licking during that time. 

None of them are to be trusted fully. He definitely gains from stirring up fear just like the rest of his kind. 

Rather than giving you negative rep is just say this: If Rubio was tweeting without the blessing of the Intelligence Committee he’d ceased to be on it. I get we are politically divided as a nation and as a world and fake news is everywhere but SHIRLEY you’d know that he is the mouthpiece. You may not like the messenger of the message but the message is coming from well above him. And if I am wrong and he’s booted off the committee for tweeting unbecoming or out of turn or whatever so be it. No CR! 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

It would be literally impossible to put all our troops on DEFCON 2 without the entire world knowing we were doing it. That means every soldier, sailor and Airman would have to be ready to pop off in 6 hours. Cell phones and pagers would be going off everywhere. People would be called back from leave. Bases and posts would be  swarming with activity. 
it might not (wouldn’t be) public knowledge but it would absolutely be known if everyone was at 2. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Down to 3. Not up.

technically i think you are correct but colloquially I can see how he is. As someone who has not served and knows the rank names but can't tell what they are at all by looking at a uniform, I read his quote and understood what he was saying. Just saying...

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Humans have a tribal and adversarial biological wiring but are also wired to be very social in times of crisis as a survival tool. As soon as the crisis and potential threat to safety subsides and leaves the conscious mind the base adversarial nature resumes. 

I strongly believe the social aspect is way more pervasive than that. 

The homo sapien brain is bigger than the homo erectus brain - the primary species we displaced - in very specific areas involving communication and empathy. Obviously there were other mutations necessary, particularly in the vocal cords and other mechanisms used for speech to vary the kinds of sounds we could make. 

Mutations like these are linked to instinctual behavior. Linguists have posited we have instinctual pulls to communicate, most likely in a subject/verb syntax automatically relatable to both individuals regardless of background. Anecdotally, think of two people who find themselves stranded with one another who do not share the same language. What’s the first instinct, assuming they’re not in flight/fight mode? It’s to find a way to communicate.

I’d go farther and say we have a species need to connect. Sometimes that instinctual need to connect manifests in what we cognitively consider negative ways, such as dominant/subservient roles, but even an abuser and their victim connect in very powerful ways, e.g. Stockholm Syndrome. 

I believe we have a fundamental need to connect with our fellow human beings that is as powerful a drive for us as kicking our knee when it’s hit below the kneecap, or birds flying south for the winter, At times it can be more powerful than a need to take care of basics like food, clothing, shelter. It’s a primordial conduit for our innate capacity for altruism. 

Tribal, adversarial, and hierarchical drives originate farther up the chain, even before we evolved into bipeds. But drives to communicate and connect are found in ways no other species has ever manifested on this planet. It’s truly what makes us human in a literal way. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Rather than giving you negative rep is just say this: If Rubio was tweeting without the blessing of the Intelligence Committee he’d ceased to be on it. I get we are politically divided as a nation and as a world and fake news is everywhere but SHIRLEY you’d know that he is the mouthpiece. You may not like the messenger of the message but the message is coming from well above him. And if I am wrong and he’s booted off the committee for tweeting unbecoming or out of turn or whatever so be it. No CR! 

Shirley.gif.c8dbc9fe3f344223af8285c2187a0759.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

No fucking shit.  

What is his purpose? To scare Americans?  

He has succeeded as far as I am concerned.  A repeat of 1962?

I don't understand what he is trying to accomplish by continuing to say that Putin may well launch nukes on us.

37 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Everyone should care about the motives. He's a person that profits from Americans being in fear for their safety. His tweets are trying to make us think Americans are in fear for their safety even when it doesn't make sense when compared to what's taking place. 

I'm not going to argue with you. I felt the fearmongering was getting out of control based on tweets from an untrustworthy political entity and I mentioned it. That's all. Conversation done 

If you've been following Rubio's tweets since right before the invasion, Rubio's target audience is not Americans.  It's Russians and other nations.  It's the US letting everybody know "here is what Putin is planning" which both fucks with the Russians (wonder how many in the officer corps have been rounded up on suspicion) but also prevents Putin from running out a false-flag operation or three.

It's also being sent out to the Russian leadership, both military and civilian (their internet is probably not all that censored).

What you all are talking about sounds scary, but just pay attention to this part:

#Putin’s is facing a humiliating military fiasco & he has triggered extraordinary consequences on #Russia’s economy & people that will not be easy to reverse And his only options to reset this imbalance are catastrophic ones

1) He's fucked the Russian people.  2) He may do something really bad to try and get back control of the situation (i.e. keep power and not lose his head).

Nuking America is not how that happens, because that fucks the Russian people and Putin.  Nukes in Ukraine...I'll comment about that in another post, but that fucks the Russian people and Putin for different reasons, and would lead to North Korean-levels of isolation, and there's not a cult of personality around Putin like there is for Lil Kim.

Leveling Ukrainian cities is the more likely scenario, including Kyiv.  Putin has nothing else to lose, and doesn't have much left in the quiver.

Putin clearly does not have the ground troops to take Kyiv, and I don't know that he even has the ground troops to protect armor trying to take Kyiv (which would be a clusterfuck because St. Javelin would smile down upon those tanks from all of those buildings in Kyiv).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I think it’s because our DEFON secretly goes up to Zero.  For when you need that extra ‘oomph’ to take it over the ledge.  People ask “then why not just make drop DEFCON 0, make DEFCON 1 more prepared, and have that be the top readiness level?”

”but these go to zero.”

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй