Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Between the good deeds from the people of both Poland and Romania, I just can't say enough.  Often times the world is a terrible place with people being awful to each other.  Every now and again, and it isn't often, something happens that just warms your soul.  Seeing how both of these peoples have reacted is one of those times.  

Poland has been through so much over the years.  They know a kindred spirit when they see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Don't forget who Rubio is, what he spent the last 6 years doing, and who's boots he was licking during that time. 

None of them are to be trusted fully. He definitely gains from stirring up fear just like the rest of his kind. 

I think we can all agree his tweets have done more good then harm no matter who you back politicaly, can we keep the CR shit out of this tread?!    If only there was a place for your comments….  Go back to the hole with the bullshit. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

He’ll use it in a smaller city, or more likely, against some sort of Ukrainian military outpost

Why?   To 100% ensure that generation after generation of Ukes will oppose them?   Terror?   Ok.  They’re scared.  Now what?  Lay down their arms.   We all know that isn’t happening.   To draw in outside countries into the fray and make his job 10x harder?   I don’t buy it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Gosh! I am 6 damn pages behind. This thread fucks! Such great contributions from all y’all! I was making dinner and burnt my fried chicken to the point that it was hideously inedible. It was offensive and had to be thrown away. Hours in the best brine ever and fucking ruined. I also made Israeli Couscous with Lemon Dijan Mustard Vinegarette and banana pudding with homemade whipped cream. I set off the fucking alarm in my boyfriend’s house. All he could say was, “well how inedible is it? Is it really that bad?” Yes. It was and I threw it away. I have watched Top Chef too many times and I know damned well YOU DO NOT SERVE a dish you cannot defend or stand behind!

does anyone have a theory on how the Middle East will react to the whole world turning on Russia? I read about Saudi Arabia. I’m so fucking impressed with Zelenskyy! He is my hero. I hope he makes it out of this alive. I hope Putin is assassinated and that we will topple that damn government and finally have an ally in them. This has been scary as hell but I also have hope for the first time. None of this would have been possible (the world uniting for the most part) if not for that crazy SOB Putin and the amazingly brave courageous and incredible leadership of Zelenskyy! I heart him! I don’t care if I’m on the levels of Bamachick with Harry Styles. Zelenskyy is the leader we don’t deserve but desperately need! 

25 minutes ago, davidg said:

Lights Out was the name of Rather’s book. Truth is 3 guys with semi auto 308s could shut down a high voltage transfer station in just a few minutes. That HV switchgear isn’t cheap and there not a whole lot of spares sitting around.

There is also another EOTWAWKI book called Lights Out by David Crawford about an EMP attack on the US and how a small group near Floresville survives. The book was originally written as fan fiction on the Frugal Squirrels preparedness site.

Current lead time on HV switchgear is 24 weeks, refurbished, 8 weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Man, I do not laugh it off at all. If there's anything history proves, it's that no government is permanent. I think a good way for democracy to end is for people to take it for granted. 

The US hasn't truly been in a bad economic spot since the Great Depression. Stock market crash erasing entire net worths. 50% of adult males out of the work. The Dust Bowl crushing food production. I used to have conversations with every adult I encountered who lived through that time to hear stories of what it was like. And it left an indelible impression on all of them. Even the ones who came from wealthy families had something of a survivor's guilt when they talked about it. And the ones who actually lived through food scarcity had emotional scars around them because of it. It absolutely shaped their world view, especially regarding money.

Nothing we've had since has approached it. I hope nothing does. But the US is certainly not immune. The Great Recession could have easily been a whole lot worse than it was. Globalization and the constant grind of making more and more efficient supply chains have traded robust redundancies for efficiency. We are a country ruled by hate and fear of others, who we see as existential threats. Inequality is at an all time high. Our educations systems are failing our populace. We've run massive current account deficits for 4 plus decades. We also have a lot of advantages, starting with the strongest military in the world by several factors and the fiat currency. We also have a very high work ethic culturally. We incentivize new ideas, and are generally supportive and adaptive to technological change, at least in the aggregate.

But to me I see more support in general for undemocratic mindsets on both sides of the aisle than I ever have. It's not like January 6 didn't happen. Any moderate of either party sees a well financed far more extremist primary opponent.

To speak to your point, though, I always think about Churchill's quote that "Democracy is the worst form of government...except for all the other ones." The main strengths of democracy is that it has inherent succession plans, to your point. It also always for a systemic change in policy and the path of nations as a matter of course. The problem with any kind of one party/person/group rule is that they tend to double down on mistakes. Democracies can be wishy washy and short term, but if something is going sideways badly enough there is a built in mechanism to change course. 

Obviously Russia under Putin doesn't have that. And they have nukes. A lot of them. That sucks for the rest of the world as a combination.

I’m not saying that a mature and stable democracy can never fail, I’m saying that it takes a metric fuckton of bad shit to make that happen. Because of all the release valves and opportunities to self correct. It looks messy but it’s really stable. 

When you can vote out your leaders in 4 years and knee cap them in 2?  Yeah- no need to burn it down to the ground. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

I danced around it the best I could but it's pertinent to this discussion. He's been tweeting a lot and it's assumed all to be from the administration but we don't know that. And with his history he's very much someone that you should be skeptical about his motives. 

Way too much fear mongering going on in this thread based on the tweets of a source who has proven to be untrustworthy in the past. That needed to be addressed. 

He's a politician.  You should question every politician's motives.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

I danced around it the best I could but it's pertinent to this discussion. He's been tweeting a lot and it's assumed all to be from the administration but we don't know that. And with his history he's very much someone that you should be skeptical about his motives. 

Way too much fear mongering going on in this thread based on the tweets of a source who has proven to be untrustworthy in the past. That needed to be addressed. 

Who gives a shit about motives right now he’s been useful to all of us recently so take the political shit to its proper place…. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I think your 50/50 odds is higher than what it really is, but do you think it was worth a 50/50 shot at nuclear utilization to protect Ukraine? That’s what I’m getting at here. Everyone is riled up in the rah rah let’s get ‘em but what is actually going to happen here? 

I think you are assigning the power making decision to the wrong side. And if I am correct in evaluating your position, then your thought process leads to ruin. You know why you never pay a blackmail? Because they'll never stop asking for more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Putin is just as likely to use a nuke in Ukraine as he is on the United States. Those odds are incredibly low and they are that he's only willing to do if he's gone 100% insane. Using a nuke in Ukraine turns his own people against him as well as India and China. He'd be left with a Russian economy that only trades with Belarus and North Korea. He's not doing that shit unless he's completely gone and there's only pussies in the Russian military between him and the nukes. 

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Gosh! I am 6 damn pages behind. This thread fucks! Such great contributions from all y’all! I was making dinner and burnt my fried chicken to the point that it was hideously inedible. It was offensive and had to be thrown away. Hours in the best brine ever and fucking ruined. I also made Israeli Couscous with Lemon Dijan Mustard Vinegarette and banana pudding with homemade whipped cream. I set off the fucking alarm in my boyfriend’s house. All he could say was, “well how inedible is it? Is it really that bad?” Yes. It was and I threw it away. I have watched Top Chef too many times and I know damned well YOU DO NOT SERVE a dish you cannot defend or stand behind!

does anyone have a theory on how the Middle East will react to the whole world turning on Russia? I read about Saudi Arabia. I’m so fucking impressed with Zelenskyy! He is my hero. I hope he makes it out of this alive. I hope Putin is assassinated and that we will topple that damn government and finally have an ally in them. This has been scary as hell but I also have hope for the first time. None of this would have been possible (the world uniting for the most part) if not for that crazy SOB Putin and the amazingly brave courageous and incredible leadership of Zelenskyy! I heart him! I don’t care if I’m on the levels of Bamachick with Harry Styles. Zelenskyy is the leader we don’t deserve but desperately need! 

Well, Saudi Arabia is pissed at Biden and is supporting the OPEC+ deal made with Russia. United Arab Emirates gave a minor fuck you to the US and the Western world by abstaining from the resolution Russia vetoed condemning the invasion. Iran is all on board the Putin train. Anyone who feels like the Palestinian issue is the most important issue in the world (this is not to diminish that ongoing issue, just saying that is a certain part of the global population) is angry that Ukraine is getting all this attention while nothing like that is being done to help them. 

I've seen support from different Israeli commentators who acknowledge Zelensky's Jewish heritage, and also point out the significant population of Israelis who can trace their family origins to Ukraine before immigrated to Israel, but I haven't seen official comments of support. Not that they don't exist, but I haven't seen them. Also, it's important to note there's an even bigger percentage of Israelis with Russian origins in their family backgrounds. 

Those are the main things I've seen. Not sure if that addresses your post or not, but it's all I've got.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just now, Hate said:

He's a politician.  You should question every politician's motives.

He makes sense as a mouthpiece for the US government, so the Europeans, Ukrainians, Chinese, and Russians all hear the same thing.  Our intelligence is pretty dead on in this deal, and them knowing that is a deft way to keep a lid on things.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Why on gods green earth would you nuke land you want to occupy and assimilate?

Kyiv? Kyiv is the birthplace of Russia and Eastern Orthodox religion… he wants Kyiv

Tactical nukes we’re designed to break up large conventional forces in mass.  They are all but worthless in asymmetrical warfare.  

Exactly. Putin isn't nuking anything. Way too many people should know better than to take anything Putin says at face value. It's all part of subterfuge.

If he wanted to level Kyiv he could do it with conventional weapons and not cause the place he's trying to occupy to become radioactive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Why?   To 100% ensure that generation after generation of Ukes will oppose them?   Terror?   Ok.  They’re scared.  Now what?  Lay down their arms.   We all know that isn’t happening.   To draw in outside countries into the fray and make his job 10x harder?   I don’t buy it.  

It's not like Putin is a rational actor at this point.  

Their express doctrine is escalate to de-escalate.

3 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Saudi Arabia, FIFA and Facebook. The company you keep. 

3 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

All three are driven exclusively by money.

Head over the the Formula 1 thread. FIA cancelled the Russian Grand Prix.

The Haas racing team was sponsored by a Russian oligarch until 3 days ago. They dropped their Russian sponsor, and their car went from this:

Nikita Mazepin, Haas, Circuit de Catalunya, 2022 

to this:

FMbbgikWYAwZtTP.jpg?v=1645777633

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Who gives a shit about motives right now he’s been useful to all of us recently so take the political shit to its proper place…. 

Everyone should care about the motives. He's a person that profits from Americans being in fear for their safety. His tweets are trying to make us think Americans are in fear for their safety even when it doesn't make sense when compared to what's taking place. 

I'm not going to argue with you. I felt the fearmongering was getting out of control based on tweets from an untrustworthy political entity and I mentioned it. That's all. Conversation done 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Middle East is like geezus.... glad we only pissed of the US. We'll be over here playing with our toys alone in the corner for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, Saudi Arabia is pissed at Biden and is supporting the OPEC+ deal made with Russia. United Arab Emirates gave a minor fuck you to the US and the Western world by abstaining from the resolution Russia vetoed condemning the invasion. Iran is all on board the Putin train. Anyone who feels like the Palestinian issue is the most important issue in the world (this is not to diminish that ongoing issue, just saying that is a certain part of the global population) is angry that Ukraine is getting all this attention while nothing like that is being done to help them. 

I've seen support from different Israeli commentators who acknowledge Zelensky's Jewish heritage, and also point out the significant population of Israelis who can trace their family origins to Ukraine before immigrated to Israel, but I haven't seen official comments of support. Not that they don't exist, but I haven't seen them. Also, it's important to note there's an even bigger percentage of Israelis with Russian origins in their family backgrounds. 

Those are the main things I've seen. Not sure if that addresses your post or not, but it's all I've got.

Good analysis. Fuck KSA and the UAE. We should remove the F-22's we have guarding Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Let everyone who thinks about going there they supported Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Laxtonto said:

40% is closer to what I was thinking would be the floor tomorrow and I would not be shocked to see spots at 50 to 60.

Now the real question is who in Russia has large foreign currency payments due on the 1st..

Yeah, Russians about to have some economic issues. 

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Don't forget who Rubio is, what he spent the last 6 years doing, and who's boots he was licking during that time. 

None of them are to be trusted fully. He definitely gains from stirring up fear just like the rest of his kind. 

Trusted fully, no.  But he is Vice Chair of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee.  And, because he's an R and not the Chair, there had to be some "bipartisanship," i.e. scheming, to make him the mouthpiece, because otherwise the D Chair would be the logical person.

You have to believe that what he's tweeting is fully vetted by the Committee and those that report to the committee, i.e. spies.

That still leaves a bit of room for politics/personal views, but not a whole lot.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

One thing that’s important is that the impact of sanctions are going to make it increasingly difficult, if not impossible, for them to replace all of this smoldering military equipment we see posted on twitter. Already they are sending 1980s-era tanks from eastern-based units. At a certain point they can’t continue to prosecute this war without materially weakening their actual self-defense needs. A javelin costs less and is much easier to replace than a tank/APC/helicopter. We’re pretty much following the Soviet/Afghan war plan and they’re no better prepared to handle it than they were last time.

And I'd argue that the Ukrainians are much better prepared (trained, plus comms) to execute on that plan than the Mujahideen were.

And we don't have to worry about flying stuff into a remote, landlocked country surrounded by countries that are not friendly to the US.

Instead we're just rolling trucks right up to the Ukrainian border, and we have a bunch of countries tripping over themselves to help give out weapons in addition to the US. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He won’t use it on Kyiv. He’ll use it in a smaller city, or more likely, against some sort of Ukrainian military outpost. It will be a weapon of terror, not of tactics.

Immaculate, coming through with….again…for the umpteenth time…his recommendation that the US and it’s allies do exactly what Putin wants: appease him, don’t fight COVID, undermine and weaken the dollar. He’s consistent, I’ll give him that. Remember, this is GRUHorn.

Again this isn’t appeasement. This isn’t hitler with the German juggernaut. This is Putin botching the Ukrainian invasion. He’s not a threat on the global scene unless you make him desperate like we seem to be trying to do. 

We weaken the dollar with our own actions. Whether it be over spending or over sanctioning. I don’t expect you to understand any kind of risk/reward situation though. You think it’s worth a 50/50 risk of nukes being deployed to protect Ukraine. I bet you’ve never been there. Never made any money from there. You have terrible risk management. Can’t imagine your poor clients. 

• Fuck You 5
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, freyguy said:

My dad's commentary (he commanded Shermans in Nuremberg,during the 60s)

We reversed every other center guide on the track and it was just like we had track shoes in either mud, snow or ice! 😂❤️

We could go anywhere with 62 tons, but I do remember one tank stuck in mud up to the turret. They would make fun of you if you did that! 😂❤️

My wife asking me about my mud skills in a 2wd vehicle and me telling her learned to how to drive in this because I wasn't man enough to take the walk of shame and tell my grandfather or uncle they have to take a tractor off task to pull my ass out of the mud.

He wouldn’t be doing it for any of those reasons. He’d do so to scare the fuck out of the rest of the world and make them offer him acceptable terms to avoid him setting off another one. See the last quoted post below. It’s literally their plan.

Putin is just as likely to use a nuke in Ukraine as he is on the United States. Those odds are incredibly low and they are that he's only willing to do if he's gone 100% insane. Using a nuke in Ukraine turns his own people against him as well as India and China. He'd be left with a Russian economy that only trades with Belarus and North Korea. He's not doing that shit unless he's completely gone and there's only pussies in the Russian military between him and the nukes. 

He may be completely gone. And there may not be anyone with balls to block him. And see below.

It's not like Putin is a rational actor at this point.  
Their express doctrine is escalate to de-escalate.

Bingo. When people tell you who they are and what they’ll do…listen to them.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I doubt many Jews of Russian descent have any love for the Rodina.  At least it got better for Jews in Ukraine.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй