Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I would suspect those numbers are reasonably close to the truth.  There's no doubt that the Belarussian military is 99% focused on internal security vs. combat vs. mobile combat/invasion of another country.  And I suspect they'd be pretty quickly routed if they tried it.  Leaving them either weak as shit from attrition, and/or pissed off to have been tossed to the wolves by Lukashenko, and thus quite interested in getting him the fuck out of power.

When you depend on the army to hold onto power....sending them off to get blown the fuck up is not a super smart move.

One other aspect is the Belarusians and the Russians in Kaliningrad have to be concerned about their big brother bodyguard being exposed as a weak, schizophrenic bully with no plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Belarus might have 15,000 actual active duty infantry out of the 60,000 active duty troops.  Might.  There’s a lot of talk that they are far less than what they claim (just like Russia), and that a lot more of their military is focused on internal security than external threats.  

If Belarus is an imminent threat to/attacks Ukraine, then Poland needs to issue Word-for-Word the same Russian announcement for why it invaded Ukraine in February.  Poland needs to announce that it has been asked by the citizens of Belarus to protect them from Nazis. And that Poland will invade Belarus solely for the purpose of denazification in Belarus, while pledging to respect Russia’s borders. 

Latvia and Lithuania need to say “me too”.    

I can dream anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Did you ask Kerim Bay’s kids to use the periscope and see what Russia is up to?

I would have, but the cisterns are closed and I couldn't find them.

(they actually are, so now I have to come back again to see them. And find Karim Bey's kids).

One other thing - the Russian consulate here is barricaded and guarded by some desultory-looking Turkish military cops. The best thing about the consulate, however, is that directly across the street is the "Bayraktar" currency exchange. 

I'm guessing the Russkies go to a different one....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, flatdawgs said:

One other thing - the Russian consulate here is barricaded and guarded by some desultory-looking Turkish military cops. The best thing about the consulate, however, is that directly across the street is the "Bayraktar" currency exchange. 

I'm guessing the Russkies go to a different one....

Hopefully the Turkish approved Saudi one with the bone saws

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You're asking a forum full of mostly Texans about what'll happen if the heat goes off in extreme cold?

Too soon.

We.... Blame solar and wind power!

Real talk though, @956 Worldwide can probably provide some insight as to what's happening boots on the ground. He and one other surlyite live and work in/around Germany if I recall