Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

18 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

According to replies, the woman in the "Talitha" picture is in Kurdish uniform. Internet fakery, or did Talitha roam the world volunteering?

She roamed the world volunteering. There are a lot of articles about her:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10987073/Brazilian-model-turned-sniper-died-Ukraine-bunker-caught-fire.html

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

I know they are too valuable doing what they are doing to risk losing one and the logistics tail is prohibitively long, but if you parked a HIMARS launcher on Snake Island with long range missiles you could probably level every military target in Sevastopol in a couple days if you could keep it from getting blown up. I'm sure Russia would throw everything they had at destroying it ASAP.   

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, MillerEP said:

I wonder how many people in the US military has the main task of looking for ammunition dumps.

If any of you read Red Storm Rising, it was difficult to understand enemy movements while they were still moving, but they had time lapse video and could figure the source and intended location. I'm pretty sure the US military is a lot more sophisticated than fast forwarding a VCR.

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's hard to imagine anything funnier than the Russian army getting its ass handed to it by a bunch of cantankerous @mooseoutfronts with rifles and Inuits in stealthy kayaks.  So, I kinda wish a muthafucka would.

I hear the red crab fleet needs something else to do this fall instead of fishing for red crab.  I bet they could hold the line. 

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Same here even on my laptop. Last page had something borked on it. 

I just assumed Putin finally had us hacked. 

Happening on the previous page a bit.

Meanwhile, Back in the USSR, they are making sure Western companies stay away for years to come   And the government can officially lock you up for anything.

Western companies hoping to return someday to the Russian market received more bad news with a set of new laws that further erode the rights of businesses and individuals in Russia. The latest actions by the State Duma follow Western sanctions and increasing domestic repression that darken the country’s political and economic prospects. 

Limiting Freedom For Businesses: “[A] draft law on supplying the armed forces of Russia during operations outside the country was adopted,” reports The Insider, an independent online Russian newspaper headquartered in Latvia. “The government will be able to ‘reactivate mobilization capacities and facilities’ and establish ‘conditions of overtime work for individual organizations and enterprises’ during night, on weekends and holidays. If such measures are taken, legal entities ‘regardless of their organizational and legal forms of ownership’ will not be able to back out of agreements and contracts on delivery of goods and rendering of services for the army. In such cases, the Defense Ministry will be able to change the terms of a contract even after it has been signed.”

….

Prison Time For Transmitting “State Secrets” Or Displaying A Facebook Logo: Given the Russian government is the sole authority to determine what is “extremist,” new criminal penalties put individuals and businesses at significant risk. “Now the ‘repeated propaganda or public demonstration of symbols of Nazism and extremist organizations’ will be punished under a criminal article; a violator could face up to four years in prison,” according to The Insider report. “Notably, the company Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, as well as the ‘Smart Voting’ symbols are also considered extremist in Russia.”

Similarly, since the Russian government can define what is a state secret, a new law on criminal penalties against transmitting “state secrets” abroad could put anyone at risk who posts information electronically.

….

Protection For Owners Of Palaces: Protecting government officials from embarrassment is now part of Russian criminal law. “The State Duma passed a law to classify data from Rosreestr [a Russian agency],” according to The Insider. “At present you can get information about real estate from the Unified State Register of Real Estate database for a small fee, and this information, in particular, serves as a basis for investigations carried out by journalists and the opposition into the property owned Russian politicians and security officials. Now it will be impossible to get an extract confirming the ownership of a palace without the permission of the real estate owner.” (Emphasis added.)

Potential Return Of Stalin-Like Treatment Of POWs: In the United States and countries around the world, soldiers taken as prisoners of war (POWs) are welcomed home with sympathetic treatment after being released from their hardship. After World War II, Soviet leader Joseph Stalin instituted a policy of labeling Soviet soldiers as traitors if they surrendered and spent time in German POW camps. As a result, many returning POWs, including Soviet dissident writer Alexander Solzhenitsyn, were sentenced to years in the Gulag. It appears the Russian government is interested in reviving or threatening soldiers with that practice.

Under a new law, individuals can be imprisoned for up to 20 years if they “defect to the side of the enemy during an armed conflict or hostilities.” Human rights advocate Ivan Pavlov told The Insider, “Political officers will be explaining individually and collectively and will say: 'Now you cannot surrender and will fight to the last man, and those who are taken prisoner will, as before, be welcomed at home with a criminal case.”

….

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I like to think that his fire is accurate and someone is getting their assets kicked by a one armed man.

I thought RPGs had a rotational fuse that blew up after so long of flight... Wouldnt these be blowing up before ever hitting the ground as inderect fire?

24 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not me. He is Russian. I was hoping for a mistake. 

My mistake.  I thought he was Ukrainian.  In that case, I hope he loses the other arm and bleeds out slowly.

ETA - Jesus Christ.  You'd think that I would read the fucking text.  Dammit!

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 2

All these ammo dumps and other targets being hit behind Russian lines, and Ukraine seemingly taking out more and more Russian missiles before they hit their targets, and today Putin is trying to scare the Ukrainians into ending the fighting, claiming that Russia has barely started.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-kyiv-moscow-6ccaef3a9d9d5ccd370d70126db78c5a

With Russia’s military action in Ukraine in its fifth month, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday warned Kyiv that it should quickly accept Moscow’s terms or brace for the worst, adding ominously that Russia has barely started its action.

“Everybody should know that largely speaking, we haven’t even yet started anything in earnest,” Putin said in a menacing note.

He declared that Russia remains ready to sit down for talks to end the fighting, adding that “those who refuse to do so should know that the longer it lasts the more difficult it will be for them to make a deal with us.”

“We are hearing that they want to defeat us on the battlefield,” Putin said. “Let them try.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All these ammo dumps and other targets being hit behind Russian lines, and Ukraine seemingly taking out more and more Russian missiles before they hit their targets, and today Putin is trying to scare the Ukrainians into ending the fighting, claiming that Russia has barely started.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-kyiv-moscow-6ccaef3a9d9d5ccd370d70126db78c5a

STFU Bunker Dwarf. 

Edit. I don't mean you @atomheartbevo  Putin is the bunker dwarf. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's hard to imagine anything funnier than the Russian army getting its ass handed to it by a bunch of cantankerous [mention=4733]mooseoutfront[/mention]s with rifles and Inuits in stealthy kayaks.  So, I kinda wish a muthafucka would.

The USN would giddily put them at the bottom of the cold cold sea before Alaska even appeared through the foggy mists.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

An expanded article with additional craziness:

The course of history is unstoppable, and attempts by the collective West to enforce its version of the global order are doomed to fail,” Putin said.

It’s unfathomable to me that this ranting piece of excrement can bang on about the unstoppable course of history and how everyone else is to blame for the Ukrainians his army killed, and we still have people on this board pumping some inchoate ideas of diplomacy.

Putin did have a moment of clarity, though:

“They simply don’t need such a country as Russia,” Putin said. 

Yes, perfectly said.  We don’t need such a a country at all, it’s entirely superfluous. Detrimental even. We need it like tits on a bull.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/putin-threatens-ukraine-to-agree-to-terms-or-else-the-worst-is-yet-to-come-01657240142?siteid=yhoof2

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I can’t load the Surl website on my iphone. Have to TAPA to read it.

I mean, it will load, then stop as I scroll down the page and the many twitter posts load

Works just perfectly fine on my Samsung.

• Hook 'Em 3