Fuck jerryworld

Rockethorn1978

FWIW, i felt the same way about Tech-Baylor being played there, and that is about .002% of the tradition and importance of the Texas-OU game.

It does not have a great football atmosphere.  it's as if it were built for non-football people,

Just now, slorch said:

FWIW, i felt the same way about Tech-Baylor being played there, and that is about .002% of the tradition and importance of the Texas-OU game.

It does not have a great football atmosphere.  it's as if it were built for non-football people,

It pretty much was ... the sun in the eyes of the players near the ends of games is all the proof I need of that.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

Credit card machines were down for like a hour by my section, could barely hear the band because the music was so loud. $50 parking, $40 for two burgers and two drinks. $40! Fucking crazy. 

This game better never leave the cotton bowl and any poors here hat have never been the atmosphere at jerryland is a ducking joke and it didn’t even feel like Texas/ou.

• Like 1

I'll be honest. What really kills that stadium is the breaks in the 300 level. If it were a true bowl, like Texas Stadium, it would be a lot better. Instead you have dead space at the 20s on both sides and both ends. It kills the continuity of the stadium. And then that stupid massive scoreboard that detracts from the on the field action. In 2009, my brother and I had to yell to each other "eyes on the field" because even at the lower level, we noticed our eyes going up. It's just not a place that's conducive to good football watching. It's certainly not a reason to kill the specialness of our game with OU. 

• Like 3

I hear ya. It’s a miserable, cavernous environment for college football. I’m an Ag, and our fanbase—as well as the Razorbacks’—is overwhelming against our current arrangement of playing the annual A&M/UA series there each year.

Congrats on a great season!

• Like 3

Texas Stadium was 10x better. And that was a fucking dump but it got really loud. Jerry World is a fucking sterile country club with no atmosphere. It sucks for any sporting event or event in general. Especially concerts and boxing matches. Not to mention the fucking college basketball tournament games held there. But this is the blueprint for all these new pro stadiums. They want them as big as possible. They don't give a damn about the fan experience.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rio Frio said:

I hear ya. It’s a miserable, cavernous environment for college football. I’m an Ag, and our fanbase—as well as the Razorbacks’—is overwhelming against our current arrangement of playing the annual A&M/UA series there each year.

Other than the money, I don't get why Arkansas purposefully gives up a home game every other year when that could actually benefit them against aggy. As it stand, they'll never beat aggy at JerryWorld. 

And as I said to mdleast, there is nothing special about playing at JerryWorld. Everyone plays there. Hardly anyone plays at the Cotton Bowl and we actually have history with OU there. So why ever leave that beautiful venue where you have, outside of seats behind the pillars, wonderful site lines and even upper level seats aren't bad? That's like the Rose Bowl moving to the new LA NFL stadium when it gets built. Some games don't have to be about luxury suites, party platforms, and the largest Idiocracytron. Sometimes it can just be about football.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Other than the money, I don't get why Arkansas purposefully gives up a home game every year when that could actually benefit them against aggy. As it stand, they'll never beat aggy at JerryWorld. 

And as I said to mdleast, there is nothing special about playing at JerryWorld. Everyone plays there. Hardly anyone plays at the Cotton Bowl and we actually have history with OU there. So why ever leave that beautiful venue where you have, outside of seats behind the pillars, wonderful site lines and even upper level seats aren't bad? That's like the Rose Bowl moving to the new LA NFL stadium when it gets built. Some games don't have to be about luxury suites, party platforms, and the largest Idiocracytron. Sometimes it can just be about football.

Yeah the allure of that stadium is way gone. It's been around about a decade now. Everything is done there now. In all sports. College football is all about the tradition and pageantry. Each stadium is unique and delivers an experience you don't get at NFL stadiums. Aggy/Arky and Tech/BU playing there is fucking retarded. Giving up home games to play at that sterile shithole makes no sense. But it's all about the money so then again it does make sense (just not from a fan's perspective).

All these neutral site games are ruining college football. Playing in baseball stadiums and hell, they even played at a fucking Nascar track. They are whoring themselves out and stripping away what makes college football great all for the almighty dollar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Don’t get me started on the traffic too. Every fucking road for 10 miles in every direction is under construction so by 2024 it’s a easier flow. It’s a fucking abortion. And I agree Texas stadium was loud and it smelled like football. Never leave the old cotton bowl ever. 

High school football playoff games were magnificent at Texas Stadium. Nothing else like it. High school playoff games at Jerryworld = boring.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah the allure of that stadium is way gone. It's been around about a decade now. Everything is done there now. In all sports. College football is all about the tradition and pageantry. Each stadium is unique and delivers an experience you don't get at NFL stadiums. Aggy/Arky and Tech/BU playing there is fucking retarded. Giving up home games to play at that sterile shithole makes no sense. But it's all about the money so then again it does make sense (just not from a fan's perspective).

All these neutral site games are ruining college football. Playing in baseball stadiums and hell, they even played at a fucking Nascar track. They are whoring themselves out and stripping away what makes college football great all for the almighty dollar.

Right. I think Jerry whored him out so much that he let the big prize (Texas OU) get away. Still, I only gave that a 20% chance

Just now, mdmost said:

Right. I think Jerry whored him out so much that he let the big prize (Texas OU) get away. Still, I only gave that a 20% chance

Who decides where the Texas/OU game is played, the AD's at each school? They better not send that game to fucking JerryWorld. That would be a travesty. Home/home before that ever happens.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

ADs and boosters. The latter is what worries me since those whores can sit in luxury with their cocktails and jerk off appetizers while the rest of us get fucked with $75 parking, overpriced food and no State Fair. 

Boosters you would hope would respect the rivalry and the Cotton Bowl. Seeing as they are entrenched in their respective schools. 

• Like 1

GLORYHOLE GUY GOT HIS COTTON BOWN WHOOPIE!

DR PEPPER SOLD A LOT OF SUGAR WATER AND THEIR GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN PUSHED ALL YEAR BY ESPN GOTTA CHANCE FOR THE PLAYOFFS WHOOPIE!

BOB BOWELSBY MADE THE GAME ABOUT A TAUNTING CALL THAT WASNT EVEN COMPLAINED ABOUT BY TEXAS WHOOPIE!

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Texas Stadium was 10x better. And that was a fucking dump but it got really loud. Jerry World is a fucking sterile country club with no atmosphere. It sucks for any sporting event or event in general. Especially concerts and boxing matches. Not to mention the fucking college basketball tournament games held there. But this is the blueprint for all these new pro stadiums. They want them as big as possible. They don't give a damn about the fan experience.

You take all of that, and then add the monster screen in the middle of it all to suck everyone's attention away from the field and feel like they're watching in TV in a living room. I think it really dampens the live effect. Get rid of the bigass screen, put one in front of the stupid glare window in the end zone that fucks with the field, and I bet you get way better home crowd response.

The stands are too shallow, too. Texas stadium was pretty steep, you could see of the big headed guy in front of you and it made the crowed much closer to the field, which is why it was loud. It's a very poor design for football. At Cowboys games they do the team running through fire thing in pregame, and the smoke hangs in the air for half the game making it all hazy.

I'm sure the art display is cool, though, if anyone could ever see it.

I've been to ~14 TX-OU games at the Cotton Bowl. One of my favorite days of the year. Love the State Fair, love the Cotton Bowl, just an awesome experience overall. 

I went to Jerryworld today. Hated every minute of it. Sterile environment with no heart. The game had 10% of the energy of a typical RRSO. It just felt dead, regardless of which team made a big play. 

I really hope the RRSO never moves there. That would kill my love of college football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wild_turkey said:

I've been to ~14 TX-OU games at the Cotton Bowl. One of my favorite days of the year. Love the State Fair, love the Cotton Bowl, just an awesome experience overall. 

I went to Jerryworld today. Hated every minute of it. Sterile environment with no heart. The game had 10% of the energy of a typical RRSO. It just felt dead, regardless of which team made a big play. 

I really hope the RRSO never moves there. That would kill my love of college football. 

All of this. Anyone that loves Texas/ou in October will hate it if we end up playing ou every year in this gay ass CCG. 

If this was the setup back in 2000 how many years in a row would it have been Texas/ou twice a year? This conference sucks just like the shitty $16 burger I ate today.

4 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Only the Big 12 could cheapen TX/OU by scheduling an unnecessary playoff game in a conference where all the teams play each other. Fuck the Big 12. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

High school football playoff games were magnificent at Texas Stadium. Nothing else like it. High school playoff games at Jerryworld = boring.

Followed Stephenville to four titles  in the 90's when Briles still had a decent reputation.  Loved the Texas Stadium games with Highland Park.  Jerryworld is a mausoleum where the venue is the attraction not the event being held there.  Jones has a license to print money however so don't expect any of the minions who sell out this dump to stop coming.

4 hours ago, Rio Frio said:

Thanks Ag. Good luck in your bowl game.

I'll dogpile. JerryWorld sucks - shitty stadium in shit suburb with nothing around it but Wal-Mart. Game atmosphere inside and outside the stadium sucks. Arlen was better when at least it had a bunch of nudie bars instead of bad fast food joints.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1.  That’s what happens when you inexplicably build the stadiums for Dallas pro sports teams in Arlington next to strip malls and Six Flags.

2. I like Six Flags, the Cowboys and the Rangers, but let’s be honest, WalMart is a pretty appropriate avatar for the crowds those venues attract.

blame this bitch. 

laura-miller-sm.jpg

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck Jerry world. That attention whore overpriced food, parking, seats and charges at minimum $100 for standing room only tickets. Fuck him and his stadium. I will never give money to him

Yep. This. I've never given that fuck a single dime, never will, and don't understand anyone who does.