OU vs Bama semi thread

alphahorn

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

A great athlete,  but Kyler defines the word petulant.

Unless the A's bring him up quickly for organization promotional purposes,  he will have a very difficult time adjusting mentally to the minor leagues.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, torre said:

Unless the A's bring him up quickly for organization promotional purposes,  he will have a very difficult time adjusting mentally to the minor leagues.

This place was spot on predicting the difficulty Baker would have adjusting to the NFL as well.  Not saying you're wrong, just that any predictions on Sooners from a UT board has to be taken with the entire shaker full of salt. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This place was spot on predicting the difficulty Baker would have adjusting to the NFL as well.  Not saying you're wrong, just that any predictions on Sooners from a UT board has to be taken with the entire shaker full of salt. 

Please note the word "mentally" in my post.

Did not say he could not be successful,  but the minor leagues will be a challenging personal adjustment from the deserved accolades of his past.    He will need to learn to humbly accept failure.      Calvin and his Dad will provide guidance.

"Speed never has a bad day"   Gus

What's Marquise Brown's foot looking like? 
About 11 or 12 inches long. Five toes with the one on the inside substantially larger than the others. A heel on the opposite end of those toes bridged by an arch.

You really should have learned all of that in junior high health class or even earlier

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ESPN jackass Jason Fitz hosted a playoff preview yesterday with Marcus Spears and Laura Rutledge.  They generated some refreshingly candid comments, e.g., given that OU has a par to subpar defense but very dangerous offense, would Bama's best strategery (nod to W) be to go old school and pound the ball, not ask much of a Tua who's <100%, and shorten the game to give Kyler Murray fewer possessions?  Or, just fuck all that and score as often as possible?

On 12/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, torre said:

Agreed, they'll keep him happy early with invites to instructional & big league camp. You did just describe 90% of professional baseball players and 100% of top 3 rounders.

I hope I dont see any limp-dick Big12Big12Big12 cucks in this thread. 

Fuck OU. Fuck their football team, fuck the state, fuck their collective grandmother. I hope Bama steamrolls these fucks until Lincoln Riley has a nervous breakdown in the 3rd quarter and Kyler runs out of the tunnel to get on the first bus to Oakland.

Texas doesn't need any help from any program but Texas to get back into the spotlight. We can expose the SEC by beating the dog piss out of UGA in 3 days. 

• Like 2

Fuck OU. Fuck their football team, fuck the state, fuck their collective grandmother. I hope Bama steamrolls these fucks until Lincoln Riley has a nervous breakdown in the 3rd quarter and Kyler runs out of the tunnel to get on the first bus to Oakland.
Texas doesn't need any help from any program but Texas to get back into the spotlight. We can expose the SEC by beating the dog piss out of UGA in 3 days. 
Amen!

For those of you taking notes, the Tide defense is disrupting OU by creating pressure right in Murray's face.  This is exactly what Poona did to Riley's offense last year but we really didn't have the personnel for this season.  Cut down on the QB's sight lines and their offensive efficiency takes a nose dive.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Exactly right.

Texas is going to be able to stand on its own merits and the team has a match up against a worth opponent to show what it's got.  There is no reason for aggy style Munchhausen by Proxy SECSEC imitators.

For those of you taking notes, the Tide defense is disrupting OU by creating pressure right in Murray's face.  This is exactly what Poona did to Riley's offense last year but we really didn't have the personnel for this season.  Cut down on the QB's sight lines and their offensive efficiency takes a nose dive.

I thought it was a given that Murray would have trouble with that.

Refs are tickey tack with those personal foul flags against ou. They let bama do that earlier.

12 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought it was a given that Murray would have trouble with that.

Refs are tickey tack with those personal foul flags against ou. They let bama do that earlier.

It's worse for Murray but inside pressure takes away a big chunk of the offense regardless of who the QB is.  Middle screen, draw, TE seam, FB pop pass all become much more difficult and QB scrambles are forced horizontal instead of hitting a seam up under the DEs.

It's worse for Murray but inside pressure takes away a big chunk of the offense regardless of who the QB is.  Middle screen, draw, TE seam, FB pop pass all become much more difficult and QB scrambles are forced horizontal instead of hitting a seam up under the DEs.

Doesn’t help that he grew up on Endor either.

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

And it’s a common thing really. Even something Drew Brees has struggled with this year. The most difficult thing is that ou has a really solid OL and the interior is extremely good. The one issue with bama was that too often they would over extend and Murray was able to step up and run for big chunks with no spy or get a clear sight lines. 

Edited by taybo20