OU vs Bama semi thread

alphahorn

OU will lose, but Riley is going to get a lot of mileage recruiting off of it. Especially if the midget lands the Heisman.

Which is what I fear that the most. Every hot shot QB who believes they have a shot at the next level will give them at the very least a look. Same with Receivers, though there are more of those to go around.

If Riley somehow finds another QB that puts up numbers similar to Baker and Murray I’m going to concede he knows a thing or two about developing a quarterback.

• Like 1

Bama is gonna crucify ousucks.

The ewok has gotten used to easy defenses that allow him to sit in the pocket and play 7 on 7.  Ain't happenin' against bama.

I'm actually concerned the kid is gonna get hurt.

Seriously.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vox said:

The ewok has gotten used to easy defenses that allow him to sit in the pocket and play 7 on 7.  Ain't happenin' against bama.

Seriously.

Do t think so.  He’s played 13 games and hasn’t taken a hard hit all year.  Hes  always the quickest person on the field and when he’s surrounded or about to get blasted goes fetal faster than you can say oompah

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vox said:

Seriously.

As I have already posted. Though you very well may correct. It will also be interesting watching defensive linemen who seldom roam farther then 10 yards from where they go into their stance. To now go 80 plays and run constantly chasing his ass.

Oh, I also have one of the original lithographs of your Avatar which Steve Steigman signed for me at the audiophile convention in Dallas in 79. It was part of a Maxell deal Teac had with them in the late 70’s promoting their reel to reel products. Even my grand kids recognize it.

• Like 1

Rooting for meteor like many here, but I doubt any are really on the space weather forecast so Bama it is, as irritating as that is to me.

I also don't think this Alabama team is actually the world-beating team they are often made out to be (hyped similar to '05 USC... a team that would probably beat them).  But on the whole I think this year was something like 2007, and I do think they will probably win it all.  We will see.

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

OU will lose, but Riley is going to get a lot of mileage recruiting off of it. Especially if the midget lands the Heisman.

Which is what I fear that the most. Every hot shot QB who believes they have a shot at the next level will give them at the very least a look. Same with Receivers, though there are more of those to go around.

If Riley somehow finds another QB that puts up numbers similar to Baker and Murray I’m going to concede he knows a thing or two about developing a quarterback.

OU commit 5* QB from California https://247sports.com/player/spencer-rattler-87297/

also a 5* WR https://247sports.com/player/theo-wease-89448/

Edited by NowThis

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

All the bama blowout talk is wishful thinking.  It will look like an OU game: a shootout in the 40s or 50s decided by one score.

Yep. Do people not learn that Bama and Saban struggle against these offenses? People said the same shit about Clemson when they faced Bama. Or when OU faced them some years back. Bama is not running OU off the field. OU's offense can score on anyone. It's that good. I know the burnt orange glasses can get in the way of seeing that, though. But they are legit. I am looking forward to seeing this game.

4 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Bama’s defense is a lot better than ours.

45-21 Tide.

You know, you are absolutely correct. But they were better in January of 2014 as well and yet they still lost....to Trevor? 

Then there is something to be made of familiarity. Texas knows OU better then any other school. A lot of the players from the two teams have known each other long before they played at their respective schools. And why conference games in general can be so difficult.

So it won’t surprise me if Alabama wins by 30, or if OU figures out some way to beat them. What I do believe is if Alabama doesn’t put them away quickly, and the game progresses allowing OU to stay within a couple of scores and allows OU to realize they are still in the game. Then I believe that situation favors OU. Especially if they are using PAC 12 Referees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

You know, you are absolutely correct. But they were better in January of 2014 as well and yet they still lost....to Trevor? 

Then there is something to be made of familiarity. Texas knows OU better then any other school. A lot of the players from the two teams have known each other long before they played at their respective schools. And why conference games in general can be so difficult.

So it won’t surprise me if Alabama wins by 30, or if OU figures out some way to beat them. What I do believe is if Alabama doesn’t put them away quickly, and the game progresses allowing OU to stay within a couple of scores and allows OU to realize they are still in the game. Then I believe that situation favors OU. Especially if they are using PAC 12 Referees.

Yes, it was really impressive OU had a win over Bama in the Sugar Bowl, but that Bama team didn't give two fucks about being there after missing out on the championship due to the kick 6. 

There is a national championship on the line for Bama and I fully expect Saban  to have his team dialed in with laser-like focus to destroy the ewok. 

9 hours ago, WBT said:

All the bama blowout talk is wishful thinking.  It will look like an OU game: a shootout in the 40s or 50s decided by one score.

i'd rather it be 2-6 and disappoint the entire nation.

if the meteor plan doesnt follow through, that is.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Blanton said:

Yes, it was really impressive OU had a win over Bama in the Sugar Bowl, but that Bama team didn't give two fucks about being there after missing out on the championship due to the kick 6. 

There is a national championship on the line for Bama and I fully expect Saban  to have his team dialed in with laser-like focus to destroy the ewok. 

In the SEC title game, all I saw was speed everywhere, on both sides of the ball, hopefully OU can counter that with a healthy Hollywood Brown, if his foot isn't fractured...

12 hours ago, Blanton said:

Hands down Bama.

Fuck OU

Bama will win by 3 TD’s. Murray tries pulling his scrambling schtick on this defense and he leaves this game on a stretcher 

Johnny CZN didn't leave the game on a stretcher.  I think OU will give them a game.  

7 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

How about aggy semi?

7c1b3ece5884d328802b028ab0ac70f5.gif

^^^ Damn, that engine must be in the front seat.

I went looking for the picture of the aggy semi stalled beside the road but couldn't find it.  This is the best I could do: 

Two-try Aggie Poon puts Hong Kong women in confident mood

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 01 October, 2014, 8:18pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 02 October, 2014, 4:56pm

scmp_01oct14_sp_rugbyw_nora3680a.jpg?ito

6 Oct 2014

Two tries from winger Aggie Poon Pak-yan in a winning cause against powerful Kazakhstan has put Hong Kong within touching distance of the gold medal in the Asian Games women’s rugby sevens competition.

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Do people not learn that Bama and Saban struggle against these offenses? People said the same shit about Clemson when they faced Bama. Or when OU faced them some years back. Bama is not running OU off the field. OU's offense can score on anyone. It's that good. I know the burnt orange glasses can get in the way of seeing that, though. But they are legit. I am looking forward to seeing this game.

Ok whatd they say wrong? 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400953413

are you talking 2017 game when Clemson had Deshaun Watson?

I went looking for the picture of the aggy semi stalled beside the road but couldn't find it.  This is the best I could do: 

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 01 October, 2014, 8:18pm UPDATED : Thursday, 02 October, 2014, 4:56pm   scmp_01oct14_sp_rugbyw_nora3680a.jpg?itok=sErsW8AD   6 Oct 2014 Two tries from winger Aggie Poon Pak-yan in a winning cause against powerful Kazakhstan has put Hong Kong within touching distance of the gold medal in the Asian Games women’s rugby sevens competition.
Yeah I looked for that disabled aggy semi too. Couldnt find it either.

In lieu of a meteor hitting the stadium....

Secretly rooting for OU, at least in the semi-final game (Don't GAF about championship game).  

Big 12 curb stomping SEC SEC SEC grand champion would shut ESPN the fuck up.....and help pave the road for less future fucking-overs of the Big12.

Business-is-Personal.jpg

2 hours ago, Blanton said:

Lol.  Right.  If you watched, you’d see McElroy celebrate like he won the SB on that first TD pass.  Then Knight had an out of body experience and Saban struggled against a potent spread offense.  No shock. 

Also go back and read the Shaggy thread. Many UT fans were calling out Bama for the ‘oh, we don’t care narrative’.  Very few Bama fans on the Shag that night.  Odd  

Georgia got lucky to win last year in the playoffs vs OU.  It was a coin toss game.  And then Bama won only bc Georgia choked like OU did in the prior game.  Anyone with a brain could see OU/GA/Bama were very close last year.  

But go on with your narrative. It plays a lot better around here.  OU sucks.  Obviously.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Right.  If you watched, you’d see McElroy celebrate like he won the SB on that first TD pass.  Then Knight had an out of body experience and Saban struggled against a potent spread offense.  No shock. 

Georgia got lucky to win last year in the playoffs vs OU.  It was a coin toss game.  And then Bama won only bc Georgia choked like OU did in the prior game.  Anyone with a brain could see OU/GA/Bama were very close last year.  

But go on with your narrative. It plays a lot better around here.  OU sucks.  Obviously.  

OU laid an egg against Georgia. I agree that OU should’be won against Georgia in the Rose Bowl, but shit happens. 

I’m trying to be realistic as well and not sound like a UT fan toeing the company line. I truly believe Murray cannot maintain composure and play his style against this defense. You can’t deny the fact that this defense will be unlike anything he has faced since stepping on campus in Norman. 

Saban with a few weeks to prepare for a single team is the stuff of legends. There’s always some regular season loss, but when shit’s on the line, more often then not he will have the defensive side of the ball ready. 

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 01 October, 2014, 8:18pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 02 October, 2014, 4:56pm

scmp_01oct14_sp_rugbyw_nora3680a.jpg?ito

6 Oct 2014

Two tries from winger Aggie Poon Pak-yan in a winning cause against powerful Kazakhstan has put Hong Kong within touching distance of the gold medal in the Asian Games women’s rugby sevens competition.

12th woman! Whoop!

3 hours ago, Blanton said:

Fuck you they didn’t care. That is the same fucking song they already have queued up for Texas Georgia. Nick Saban has never played a game his entire life that he or his team didn’t care about.

Saban without asking has people like Finebaum inject shit like that into the conversation after they got humiliated on national television.  After which they had to spend the better part of a week explaining how a team that seemed as though every single talking head said they would bet their house on...........lost. A result Stoops called by the way.

Then watching Finebaum get dressed down by every single ESPN anchor including Stoops, was great TV. Say what you want about Stoops but he stood his fucking ground on that SEC bullshit and that single game could have killed him. Unfortunately what it did do was wake Saban up to accept the idea to stop bitching about HUO and get a passing game, which he did as he hasn’t missed the playoffs since that loss to OU.

But didn’t care? My ass.