Ricky starts his own league - The Freedom Football League

Liquor and Poker

Anyone else see this?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25470052/former-nfl-players-plan-launch-freedom-football-league

"... In thinking about creating this league, I wanted to create a league that I could have stayed in and been comfortable and really thrived."

Supposed to be all about health and allowing players to take positions on social issues.

The league did not say when it would begin play, though it did say the first 10 teams would be the San Diego Warriors, Oklahoma City Power, Portland Progress, Texas Revolution, Ohio Players, Florida Strong, Birmingham Kings, St. Louis Independence, Connecticut Underground and Oakland Panthers.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  

8d328684.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I could maybe actually get behind something like that.  This article alone makes it more intriguing that XFLII and whatever that league is that drafted Trevor Fucking Knight in the first round.

Trevor ‘Elephant Slayer’ Knight. Saban’s worst nightmare. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

Anyone else see this?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25470052/former-nfl-players-plan-launch-freedom-football-league

"... In thinking about creating this league, I wanted to create a league that I could have stayed in and been comfortable and really thrived."

Supposed to be all about health and allowing players to take positions on social issues.

Allowing them to take positions on social issues? No one is keeping pro athletes from doing this, but I'm sure I stand with the majority when I say I just don't wanna fucking hear about it. I like my sports cloak room free!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Allowing them to take positions on social issues? No one is keeping pro athletes from doing this, but I'm sure I stand with the majority when I say I just don't wanna fucking hear about it. I like my sports cloak room free!

I have seen this sentiment, which leads me to wonder who you think can/should talk politics and why you seem to want to silence certain populations of people based on their profession?

On 12/10/2018 at 7:21 PM, pacman said:

I have seen this sentiment, which leads me to wonder who you think can/should talk politics and why you seem to want to silence certain populations of people based on their profession?

Who said anything about 'silencing certain populations'?   He never said anything like that.   Stop putting words in people's mouths, so you can argue with them.

Personally,  I turn on a game to watch a sports competition and ESCAPE the nonstop, everywhere coverage of opinions on politics/religion/gender/race.   There are roughly 200 million other places where people can voice their opinions.  Nobody is being silenced in America.  You can broadcast your own fucking TV station on Facebook, twitch, youtube...FOR FREE.     

We live in an age where anyone with a phone can broadcast, to a GLOBAL audience, every moment of their life, 24 hours a day.   Have something to say?  Point your phone at your own face and click the button.  Talk incessantly about god, or God, or republicans, or democrats, or race, or chem trails.   Regardless of your profession, your race/gender, you are as empowered today as any human being has ever been, in all of history. 

The people who are complaining that they can't be heard, are just annoyed that the other 7.5 billion human beings can also broadcast their lives...and this has made it very hard to get attention for their pet cause.    At this point, its the empowerment of the common man that is frustrating the common man's need for attention.