Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

On 7/23/2023 at 12:39 AM, 83Horn said:

Okay, so I see B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf (I think) and Muddy Waters.  Should I be embarrassed that I don't recognize the big guy on the right?  I don't think that's Willie Dixon.  Is that Willie Dixon?

I only recognized BB King and Muddy Waters.  Not familiar with Ivory Joe Hunter at all, but based on that photo, I might have to go down a YouTube rabbit hole latter today.  

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how Johnny focused on anything but her. Just gorgeous.

There are all-timers, and then there’s Linda Ronstadt at her peak. There is no competition.

Willie was dead-on: “There’s two kinds of men in this world. Those who have a crush on Linda Ronstadt and those who have never heard of her."
  • Hook 'Em 2

I dated a UT law student from Austin soon after I had gotten out of grad school.  I went to her house for dinner, and her Dad (whom I had known for a few years) gave me the "don't fuck over my daughter" speech.

And soon after that, he proceeded to tell me he went to high school with Linda Ronstadt in Tucson, and that every guy in school wanted to fuck her, but very few did.  He didn't.

All in all, it was a weird conversation.

• Haha 2